Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of sjms's message #10102657 « Another RRS vs. Markins Ballhead Question »

sjms
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Another RRS vs. Markins Ballhead Question

i own an almost 10 year old Markins M10 and 2 RRS (BH55/BH40) heads. i have had my markins sag on more then a few occasions but all that was required was a little extra effort on the knob. the bitching many do about the panning knob is a non issue to me. it is fine the way it works. the RRS heads both required some play time to get to run smoother. they are not nor will they ever be as smooth as the markins as its ball basically is a nicely polished surface. that is both its beauty in its movement and its curse in its locking down. they also do not sag and considerable less tightening reqd to lockit up. my M10 is still in use but it gets nowhere near the action my RRS heads do.
of course there are other opinions that are exactly opposite of mine and there always will be.

Nov 21, 2011 at 02:58 AM

Previous versions of sjms's message #10102657 « Another RRS vs. Markins Ballhead Question »