Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #10099958 « Lighting Ratios, beyond the numbers.... »

RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Lighting Ratios, beyond the numbers....

Honest question:

How does negative density of "old school" convert to today's digital hisotgrams that don't show the full range of what's available to work with. To me, using only the "safe" part of the histo's is akin to not using the full range of the negative.

Again, this is an honest question, not argumentative. I'm very open to understanding some additional technicals involved here to equate my "old school" mind to.

Just so I'm not misunderstood, I likewise understand that "art & science" are both significant attributes and co-exist with infinitely varying degree of significance to the success of an image for its intended purposes.

BTW ... Peter, you are very much correct about the abiltiy to relate/emote with a subject. Personally, I do fine with dogs & little kids, but not so much with adolescents & adults ... which is why I don't shoot portraiture, i.e. I know my shortcomings there would be catasrophic.

Nov 20, 2011 at 04:31 AM

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #10099958 « Lighting Ratios, beyond the numbers.... »