Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              27      
       29       end

Archive 2011 · Zeiss ZE/ZF.2 35mm f/1.4 (according to Roger Cicala/lens rentals.com)

j.liam
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.28 #1 · p.28 #1 · Zeiss ZE/ZF.2 35mm f/1.4 (according to Roger Cicala/lens rentals.com)

To Whom It May Concern...Adorama and B&H are now both out of the ZE 35/1.4. Popflash in LA still lists availability and at a discount, $1800.

Apr 17, 2011 at 10:14 AM
PratyushPandya
• •
p.28 #2 · p.28 #2 · Zeiss ZE/ZF.2 35mm f/1.4 (according to Roger Cicala/lens rentals.com)

Looks nice. You can see the typical 3D rendition.

Mine did not look this sharp, so I am sending it back to B & H, and ordered one from popflash photo.

Apr 18, 2011 at 03:04 PM
auriga

p.28 #3 · p.28 #3 · Zeiss ZE/ZF.2 35mm f/1.4 (according to Roger Cicala/lens rentals.com)

hello did you have the right to withdraw on the lens on b&h?they give you back money or it regards guarantee?sorry for english

Apr 18, 2011 at 03:33 PM
philber
• • • • • •
p.28 #4 · p.28 #4 · Zeiss ZE/ZF.2 35mm f/1.4 (according to Roger Cicala/lens rentals.com)

Joakim, your second shot had me shaking my head, litterally. Not that the others are bad, either. Arrrrgh, the wait...

Apr 18, 2011 at 03:42 PM
PratyushPandya
• •
p.28 #5 · p.28 #5 · Zeiss ZE/ZF.2 35mm f/1.4 (according to Roger Cicala/lens rentals.com)

You can return your purchase within 15 days from the day you receive it. I have the option of either exchanging it or getting money refunded.

Apr 18, 2011 at 03:50 PM
cyra
• • •
p.28 #6 · p.28 #6 · Zeiss ZE/ZF.2 35mm f/1.4 (according to Roger Cicala/lens rentals.com)

philber wrote:
Joakim, your second shot had me shaking my head, litterally. Not that the others are bad, either. Arrrrgh, the wait...

what do you think - does it draw like the other 1.4s? Looks like it to me - the glow on the metal in the first shot...

Apr 19, 2011 at 04:49 AM
philber
• • • • • •
p.28 #7 · p.28 #7 · Zeiss ZE/ZF.2 35mm f/1.4 (according to Roger Cicala/lens rentals.com)

Based on the many shots I have seen here more than on my own, all too brief experience with this lens, I think that it draws more like the 21 f:2.8 than any other ZE lens. It does not have the "romantic" touch of the two other f:1.4s, and does not exhibit the "bite" of the 35 f:2.0 and the two MPs. So the 21 gets my vote... Question: does it have the magnificent airiness of 21 shots, the splendid colours, the massive detail? OTOH, it has extraordinary ease at apertures that the 21 just cannot duplicate, which, combined with exceptional bokeh, give us Joakim's shot which just left me gasping. Another intresting feature is how difefrent those 4 shots look from each other. That could indicate a wlecome absence of "visual signature".

Apr 19, 2011 at 05:18 AM
j.liam
• • • •
p.28 #8 · p.28 #8 · Zeiss ZE/ZF.2 35mm f/1.4 (according to Roger Cicala/lens rentals.com)

auriga wrote:
hello did you have the right to withdraw on the lens on b&h?they give you back money or it regards guarantee?sorry for english

B&H has a 14-day return policy when you buy a lens. So if it's returned in the condition purchased, with all the papers and box intact, they will take it back no questions asked for a full refund. Adorama has the same policy, I believe.

Apr 19, 2011 at 06:41 AM
carlitos
• • •
p.28 #9 · p.28 #9 · Zeiss ZE/ZF.2 35mm f/1.4 (according to Roger Cicala/lens rentals.com)

I would have described the rendering of the OOF areas a "gentle", but "extraordinary ease" is a good description as well. The last landscape image reminds me of my ZF 28/2 at f8

Apr 19, 2011 at 11:30 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.28 #10 · p.28 #10 · Zeiss ZE/ZF.2 35mm f/1.4 (according to Roger Cicala/lens rentals.com)

They have the lens in stock at this shop in the Netherlands. I bought another Zeiss in the same shop a couple of weeks ago, so i know the shop is good
http://www.cameranu.nl/artikel/128714/

Apr 19, 2011 at 11:38 AM
oldvolk

p.28 #11 · p.28 #11 · Zeiss ZE/ZF.2 35mm f/1.4 (according to Roger Cicala/lens rentals.com)

j.liam wrote:
B&H has a 14-day return policy when you buy a lens. So if it's returned in the condition purchased, with all the papers and box intact, they will take it back no questions asked for a full refund. Adorama has the same policy, I believe.

What does B&H do with the lens then? Sell it as used?

Sorry for the derailment, just curious.

Apr 19, 2011 at 12:31 PM
j.liam
• • • •
p.28 #12 · p.28 #12 · Zeiss ZE/ZF.2 35mm f/1.4 (according to Roger Cicala/lens rentals.com)

oldvolk wrote:
What does B&H do with the lens then? Sell it as used?

Sorry for the derailment, just curious.

Good question. We should ping the Ambassadors from Adorama and B&H who often make an appearance here and see what they say.

Apr 19, 2011 at 01:35 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.28 #13 · p.28 #13 · Zeiss ZE/ZF.2 35mm f/1.4 (according to Roger Cicala/lens rentals.com)

I can only imagine that they open it, carefully check it over, re-clean it, re-close it, and sell it again, as new, unless there was some damage by the temporary owner. I would find that to be quite reasonable, and presumably what a business must do to make money (rather than constantly sending stuff back to Oberkochen merely because someone opened it).

Apr 19, 2011 at 01:37 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.28 #14 · p.28 #14 · Zeiss ZE/ZF.2 35mm f/1.4 (according to Roger Cicala/lens rentals.com)

carstenw wrote:
I can only imagine that they open it, carefully check it over, re-clean it, re-close it, and sell it again, as new, unless there was some damage by the temporary owner. I would find that to be quite reasonable, and presumably what a business must do to make money (rather than constantly sending stuff back to Oberkochen merely because someone opened it).

That's not the right thing to do for the shop. That's cheating if they sell it as a new lens the next time. I don't like to buy a new lens that somebody else has used for a week or two.

Apr 19, 2011 at 01:54 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.28 #15 · p.28 #15 · Zeiss ZE/ZF.2 35mm f/1.4 (according to Roger Cicala/lens rentals.com)

Well, it depends on whether or not it is still as new. If it is, and they clean it up, I don't see what difference it makes. Of course, even the smallest scratch or mark or anything at all would disqualify it (and would probably be a reason for the store to refuse the return).

The alternative is that every opened package goes back to Zeiss, but the cost of everything would go up. No one is covering these kinds of business costs other than the customer. I know what I prefer.

Of course, if you buy such a lens, Lars, and can spot something, then you are of course also free to send it back, if it bothers you so much...

Edited on Apr 19, 2011 at 02:25 PM · View previous versions

Apr 19, 2011 at 02:23 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.28 #16 · p.28 #16 · Zeiss ZE/ZF.2 35mm f/1.4 (according to Roger Cicala/lens rentals.com)

The last shot has real pop and a funky composition, Joakim!

Apr 19, 2011 at 02:24 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.28 #17 · p.28 #17 · Zeiss ZE/ZF.2 35mm f/1.4 (according to Roger Cicala/lens rentals.com)

carstenw wrote:
Well, it depends on whether or not it is still as new. If it is, and they clean it up, I don't see what difference it makes. Of course, even the smallest scratch or mark or anything at all would disqualify it (and would probably be a reason for the store to refuse the return).

The alternative is that every opened package goes back to Zeiss, but the cost of everything would go up. No one is covering these kinds of business costs other than the customer. I know what I prefer.

Of course, if you buy such a lens, Lars, and
...Show more

The one in this thread, he sent back because it wasn't sharp. Then it should go back service/calibration.
And even if it was sharp. It's not new if it has been used for a week. It doesn't matter if you can spot it or not. The shop is cheating if they sell it as a new lens. And they are not allowed to do so.

Apr 19, 2011 at 02:49 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.28 #18 · p.28 #18 · Zeiss ZE/ZF.2 35mm f/1.4 (according to Roger Cicala/lens rentals.com)

Are you a U.S. lawyer, or how do you know what Adorama and B&H are allowed to do? And the fact that it is soft on one body does not mean that it is soft on the next. You presumably know how large the variation in 5DII mirror placement is, from the adapter troubles around here with certain lenses.

Apr 19, 2011 at 03:01 PM
Ariel70
• •
p.28 #19 · p.28 #19 · Zeiss ZE/ZF.2 35mm f/1.4 (according to Roger Cicala/lens rentals.com)

Stunning bokeh on the first one, Joakim!

Apr 19, 2011 at 03:24 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.28 #20 · p.28 #20 · Zeiss ZE/ZF.2 35mm f/1.4 (according to Roger Cicala/lens rentals.com)

carstenw wrote:
Are you a U.S. lawyer, or how do you know what Adorama and B&H are allowed to do? And the fact that it is soft on one body does not mean that it is soft on the next. You presumably know how large the variation in 5DII mirror placement is, from the adapter troubles around here with certain lenses.

You don't need to be a lawyer to understand that shops are not allowed to sell used lenses as new lenses

Apr 19, 2011 at 03:30 PM
       29       end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

29       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.