Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              92      
       94              183       184       end

What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

Betacamman
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.93 #1 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

From a Craigslist sale this morning:

Sigma 600mm MD mount
Minolta MD 24-35mm f/3.5
X-700 w/MD-1 and Multi-Function back

And a 50mm MD f/1.2

Previous owner died, left everything in a camera bag. Dirty filters on both the MD lenses, but the glass is near-perfect.

Sep 28, 2012 at 04:30 PM
Kingfishphoto
• • • • •
p.93 #2 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

Hi Carsten.
I removed the elements from one of my FD mount Vivitar macro focusing converters. The first three elements came out easily and last had to be broken out. I taped every opening, etc. covered it with a small cloth and hit it one with a large metal punch, using a heavy hammer. I then put on goggles for saftey, and used an air compressor to remove any and all glass debris. I had one small mark inside that i used some flat black paint to cover the bright mark. The Flash Bender is named Rogue ( Photographic Design ). , located in Santa Cruiz, CA. Try expoimaging.com , for possible information. When you use your lens on the focusing tube, you will see that you now can have two focusing rings, depending on where you set the prime lens on, say short of inf.
Harry Palmer

Sep 28, 2012 at 07:22 PM
Kingfishphoto
• • • • •
p.93 #3 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

Heres the old Canon lens that i offered to sebboh. I believe its prior to FL. I had to remove the rear shroud to put it on my FD-M4/3s adapter. Its missing a front ring and piece of glass. The strange thing is that it worked pretty good, so is the missing element just a plain glass? or weak element? If sebboh doesnt want it- its free to anyone in the CONUS ( you pay shipping cost ).
Harry Palmer SEBBOH HAS ACCEPTED THIS LENS.

Canon F1.8 lens

Lens front.

Edited on Oct 01, 2012 at 10:45 AM · View previous versions

Sep 28, 2012 at 07:31 PM
Kingfishphoto
• • • • •
p.93 #4 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

Lens shroud, three little screws will remove it, for adapter use.

Lens rear shroud.

Sep 28, 2012 at 07:33 PM
Calidreamin

Upload & Sell: Off
p.93 #5 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

Mint from original owner 50mm Summicron, type 5. So minty the unused leather case still had a tag on it - papers, box etc. $1250!!!

Also at long last picked up another Nex 5n + EVF - at the close out price. We'd been sharing one, buying glass since February - trying/ returning X Pro 1 - waiting for the next big thing. After photokina - my heart was still most fond of the 5n and the price drop cancelled my 5r preorder. This will hold us over for when Sony goes Nex FF interchangeable.

Thanks to my wife for making this the best bday ever! Not bad for a 40th bday gift.

Sep 29, 2012 at 12:38 PM
LightShow
• • • •
p.93 #6 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

My FL 50/1.8 has an A/M switch/ring between the DOF markings and the breech lock ring.
So it could be earlier than FL.

Sep 29, 2012 at 12:49 PM
lenticular11
• • •
p.93 #7 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

Happy birthday Calidreamin - sound like a great present!

Sep 29, 2012 at 01:29 PM
Kingfishphoto
• • • • •
p.93 #8 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

My old Canon 50 F1.8 has been accepted by sebboh.
Harry Palmer

Oct 01, 2012 at 10:44 AM
ken.vs.ryu
• • • •
p.93 #9 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

heavier than the minox 35 but needs no battery and syncs at all speeds due to the synchro compur leaf shutter.

Oct 01, 2012 at 12:19 PM
Bifurcator
• • • • •
p.93 #10 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

Very cool!

Oct 01, 2012 at 09:19 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

LightShow
• • • •
p.93 #11 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

ken.vs.ryu wrote:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb7r3lrWsZ1qjnwe9o1_400.jpg

heavier than the minox 35 but needs no battery and syncs at all speeds due to the synchro compur leaf shutter.

You just got it to twist those dials didn't you.

Oct 02, 2012 at 01:37 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • •
p.93 #12 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

ken.vs.ryu wrote:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb7r3lrWsZ1qjnwe9o1_400.jpg

I had one of these in black last year. They are very fun cameras and a joy to use! Have fun!

Oct 02, 2012 at 01:55 AM
treebeard
• • • • •
p.93 #13 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

Another Jim Buchanan special, a Konica AR 28/3.5 with NEX adapter. Can't wait to use it.

Oct 02, 2012 at 09:01 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.93 #14 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

Kingfishphoto wrote:
Hi Carsten.
I removed the elements from one of my FD mount Vivitar macro focusing converters. The first three elements came out easily and last had to be broken out. I taped every opening, etc. covered it with a small cloth and hit it one with a large metal punch, using a heavy hammer. I then put on goggles for saftey, and used an air compressor to remove any and all glass debris. I had one small mark inside that i used some flat black paint to cover the bright mark. The Flash Bender is named Rogue ( Photographic Design ).
...Show more

Hmm, too bad about that last element. I might try this tomorrow. Did you start from the front or back, and did you have to remove the mounts?

Oct 02, 2012 at 11:40 PM
buggz2k
• • •
p.93 #15 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

Hmm, coming from the EU...
Tamron SP 70-150mm/2.8 Soft Focus Adaptall 2, in Minolta SR mount.
Have get an adapter now.
Is there an EOS Adaptall 2 adapter, or FD only?

Woo, eBay shows that there are adaptall 2 to EOS mount adapters, cool.

Oct 03, 2012 at 12:18 AM
LightShow
• • • •
p.93 #16 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

carstenw wrote:
Hmm, too bad about that last element. I might try this tomorrow. Did you start from the front or back, and did you have to remove the mounts?

I would be extremely cautious when busting old optical glass, especially if it has Thorium or other radioactive elements in it, breathing them in is just bad bad bad.

Oct 03, 2012 at 01:08 AM
freaklikeme
• • • • •
p.93 #17 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

I traded my 280/2.8 for an M 24/2.8 today. Since that worked out well, I traded the pre-ASPH Elmarit-M 21 for a Summarit 75 (with hood and hood cap, even).

Now I've got a ridiculous amount of glass, so it's time for a blow out sale. I'll give the forum members a preview before I post these on the B&S boards tomorrow. Oly Pen-F 25/2.8 with NEX adapter + aftermarket hood ($300), Oly Pen-F 60/1.5 with NEX adapter + OEM hood ($400), Minolta 100-300 APO with caps ($200), Rokkor 21/2.8 with caps ($250), and a Canon FD 17/4 with caps and hood ($225). Ad's up here: http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1154396

Edited on Oct 03, 2012 at 11:14 PM · View previous versions

Oct 03, 2012 at 05:02 AM
pdmphoto
• • • •
p.93 #18 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

If it is in good condition I think you will be very happy with it on FF and APS-C. The lens holds up very well even on my NX200, while still retaining the variable SF effect.

buggz2k wrote:
Hmm, coming from the EU...
Tamron SP 70-150mm/2.8 Soft Focus Adaptall 2, in Minolta SR mount.
Have get an adapter now.
Is there an EOS Adaptall 2 adapter, or FD only?

Woo, eBay shows that there are adaptall 2 to EOS mount adapters, cool.

Oct 03, 2012 at 06:12 AM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.93 #19 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

LightShow wrote:
I would be extremely cautious when busting old optical glass, especially if it has Thorium or other radioactive elements in it, breathing them in is just bad bad bad.

These aren't that old, and Vivitar was more of a budget brand, so I would be very surprised if there were radioactive elements in there (they are also clear, not coloured at all), but I will be careful.

Oct 03, 2012 at 09:22 AM
Kingfishphoto
• • • • •
p.93 #20 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

I did have a spanner wrench, so i used two small screwdrivers . I started from the rear removing each retaining ring and glass element. The rings were not real tight. The last final element didnt seem to have a slotted retaining ring- that glass i broke out. I never had to dissamble any part of the front or rear lens mount.
Cheers
Harry Palmer

Oct 03, 2012 at 10:45 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password