FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2004 · sky over DK

brianrh
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · sky over DK

This is the sky over Denmark 2 days ago. I know that the sea is almost black but I'm still learning and wanted som advise/comments from "pro-guys"

May 21, 2004 at 07:05 PM
Adrian Cray
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · sky over DK

Hello , and welcome to the Landscape forum .

Two beautiful skyscapes , enhanced by those splendid beams of light . I love the flock of birds bonus in image # 1 . It would be nice to have a bit more foreround detail , as you imply . Try using a graduated ND filter to hold back the sky , or bracket , say , 1 to 1 1/2 stops either side of your initial exposure and combine 2 or more images in PS or other suitable software . You'll need a good tripod for the latter technique to work properly , of course .

May 21, 2004 at 07:22 PM
thapamd
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · sky over DK

Agree with the very knowledgable Adrian, Brian. For a scene like this with such an even horizon, I'd go with a HARD grad ND filter.

May 22, 2004 at 07:59 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

nutek
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · sky over DK

i really like the birds in the first one. Perhaps you could try a 7:4 crop (I find this crop particularly pleasing for landscapes) on the first image to crop out some of the sea?

Best regards,
Wenyao

May 23, 2004 at 02:50 AM
avid
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · sky over DK

These are pretty nice shots, Brian. Especially the second one. As Adrian and Mahesh mentioned, stopping down the sky a couple of stops with grad NDs would do the trick. That would also impart some saturation to the sky. I like the rock-like textures on the water. There is so much detail there. Very nice.

May 23, 2004 at 02:56 AM
brianrh
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · sky over DK

Thanks guys, I'll work on it :o)

May 24, 2004 at 04:35 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password