Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4              10       11       end

Archive 2010 · Your Best N&W of 2010

Thomas Sanders
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Your Best N&W of 2010

One of my favs from early March, good times and memories with Tim, Bonnie and Jay

Tom

Dec 08, 2010 at 10:12 PM
mark fadely
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Your Best N&W of 2010

Sweet shots everyone - here's mine. It was taken with the lowly MKIII autofocus

Dec 08, 2010 at 10:41 PM
Nello Milanese
• • • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Your Best N&W of 2010

Since no 1 posted any decent shotz I thought I step in and settle things
Dis shot I like a lot..maybe not my best but the not so easy subject and the pose,light and stare r pretty sweet! Well, for my 400mm standards at least

Dec 08, 2010 at 10:49 PM
Nello Milanese
• • • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Your Best N&W of 2010

Yeah me again just wanted to add that the best so far and an almost impossible shot to beat is Socrate's it's too cool to be true almost

Dec 08, 2010 at 10:52 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Your Best N&W of 2010

genefixer wrote:
Tony – I cannot view your image! Please repost when you get a chance.

Sorry about that, must be a faulty link.

How about this?:

Dec 08, 2010 at 11:18 PM
Thang
• • • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Your Best N&W of 2010

Kirk – great shot. I can see why it’s becoming your favorite. The lighting, pose, eye contact…are perfect – everything truly “came together” in this shot! I have been trying to get something like this of the night heron over the years but haven’t been very successful!

Mabidally – wonderful moment in time! This shot definitely captures the struggle between life and death! Great lighting and detail but most of all, I love the eye-contacts between the hunter and the hunted!

Valjr – great pose, lighting, and background. The colors are terrific as well!

Adam – nice shot! How close were you to the bird?

Lora – awesome shot – love the wing motion and the feather tail spread. The pose definitely made the shot!

Kevin – nice work on being able to get so close to a very colorful bird. The kingfishers in our area are very skittish - even with the 600mm + TC, I haven’t been able to get anything near this quality. TFS

Cincy – nice capture of the interaction between the LesserYellow Legs.

JayT – how are you doing buddy? I am still undecided on which ONE shot to pose. It’s a tough choice. I recognize this shot/location! Glad you were able to fly down in time before they were all gone. Gotta love the magical colors at SJWS! Nice work.

Sean – nice pose! We So Cal folks don’t have the opportunities to photograph BE. Therefore, I have fully enjoyed every single BE post on this forum over the past few months.

Kingfishphoto – that’s truly a rare sighting of a double-headed fawn. Got to be the first in this forum!

Gene –great shot sir. I am still searching for a great white egret in plumage form. We have lots of GBH nesting activities in the area but not of the great white. I need to go out more…

Kiran – I have always enjoyed your works over the year! This shot is no exception! Superbly capture in every way! Gotta love that tender moment between mother and child.

Tom – I am a fan of buttery smooth background and this shot has it! Great eye-contact between the bird and the photographer! Nice shot sir!

Mark – that’s one hell of a tough shot, especially when made with a “lowly MKiii autofocus”. The only other person who could pull this off is Mr. Jody!

Nello – you crack me up man. Perfectly capture of the fastest bird in the world! Taken with Mark’s “lowly MKiii”?

Dec 08, 2010 at 11:28 PM
RobAmy
• • • • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Your Best N&W of 2010

Nice work everyone

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV    800mm    f/7.1    1/800s    400 ISO    0.0 EV  

Dec 08, 2010 at 11:38 PM
amyandmark3
• • • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Your Best N&W of 2010

WOW! What a collection of great photos! This is not as good as most in here, but it's one of my favorites from my trip to L&D 14 early last March.

Dec 08, 2010 at 11:51 PM
danjacquitaylo
• • • • • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · Your Best N&W of 2010

Nello Milanese wrote:
Since no 1 posted any decent shotz I thought I step in and settle things

That's because I haven't posted mine yet...

Thang, thanks for the post and I am glad to share mine. This might not be the best in terms of technical or anything for that matter. But it is one of my favorite raptors and this one is the closest I was able to get to photograph it.
Dan

NIKON D300S    500mm    f/7.1    1/1600s    400 ISO    +0.7 EV  

Dec 08, 2010 at 11:57 PM
Ted ellis
• • • • • • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · Your Best N&W of 2010

Inspired...maw Naw...not for one second...... Be back soon.

Ted

Dec 09, 2010 at 12:24 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Ashish Aleti
• • •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · Your Best N&W of 2010

Here is my fav for 2010.

Ashish

Dec 09, 2010 at 12:38 AM
Thang
• • • • •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · Your Best N&W of 2010

Though I haven’t been around nor have done much photography in the past 6 months, I did manage to get some keepers in the earlier part of the year. It boiled down to the kestrel w/ a splitted-tail lizard or the ¾ view osprey with extended talons. I decided on the kestrel for its uniqueness and one-of-the kind prey.

Edited on Dec 10, 2010 at 02:26 PM · View previous versions

Dec 09, 2010 at 01:03 AM
ixoye25

p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · Your Best N&W of 2010

Who won?

mabidally wrote:
Heron and Snake Battle

http://www.abidally.com/mp/FM/IMG_3215%20Purple%20Heron%20and%20Snake%20cropped..jpg.jpg

Dec 09, 2010 at 01:20 AM
sdgnh
• • • •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · Your Best N&W of 2010

This is my favorite. This is a great thread. The image quality of these are inspiring.Thank you for your generous help and encouragement, as I work to improve. FM'rs are the best! Thank you
Nancy

Edited on Dec 09, 2010 at 02:05 AM · View previous versions

Dec 09, 2010 at 01:35 AM
Major_K
• • • • •
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · Your Best N&W of 2010

This shot was taken back in June 2010. There are many of these Double-crested Cormorants in our area and often taken them for granted. It is one beautiful bird. I particularly like this shot with the bright eye and the shinning black feather against the morning sun.

Thanks Thang for hosting the thread. There are so many great images in this thread and I am enjoying them tremendously. Keep them coming ...

Khai

Edited on Dec 09, 2010 at 07:03 AM · View previous versions

Dec 09, 2010 at 01:37 AM
PaulCal
• • • •
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · Your Best N&W of 2010

I'm gonna post these two lovers, the egrets in their plumage. Great thread, glad to be a part of it. I enjoy all the entries

Paul

Dec 09, 2010 at 02:03 AM
Jred
• • •
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · Your Best N&W of 2010

Donald Blue wrote:
This is my favorite of 2010....

http://www.pbase.com/image/127232185/original.jpg

Donald - That's an absolute show stopper!!!

Dec 09, 2010 at 02:33 AM
smizar
• •
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · Your Best N&W of 2010

Amazing shots in this thread!

Here is my fav from 2010:

Dec 09, 2010 at 02:36 AM
surfnron
• • • • • • •
p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · Your Best N&W of 2010

I always enjoy this thread. It's a great look back at some great shots. Here's mine - from the Alligator NWR this past July. And it was shortly after I bought the 15 yo 500 F4.5. Hand held from the yak...

Ron

Dec 09, 2010 at 02:53 AM
gkor
• •
p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · Your Best N&W of 2010

Hello,
My humble contribution.
This one was taken in early October during the Elk Rut in Jasper National Park (Alberta, Canada).
It is kind of a dream shot for me. Most of the time I have a pre-determined idea of the shot I would like to have for a particular species. In this case, I wanted a Bull to be photographed in a meadow, with a nice green background, with the grasses frost covered, under soft lighting, etc.......
Sometimes everything works out and one is able to get want he/she wants. It was such a morning.
The shot was actually taken before the sun even made it over the surrounding mountain peaks so I was able to show the cold air, cool light in the shots.

Thank you for looking.

Dec 09, 2010 at 03:37 AM
1       2      

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password