Username  

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2010 · Four Mile Canyon Fire

DLevin

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Four Mile Canyon Fire

This is a really weird way to pop my posting cherry, especially given that I normally do portraiture (and lurk, of course) but I figured I'd submit them to you guys given all the attention they're getting on Flickr for some actual feedback as opposed to "OMGBEUTIFUL".

The images linked are from two nights of shooting the fire in Boulder that has as of today surpassed a fire in 2002 to become the most destructive of property in state history. A few were also featured on the Flickr Blog today. Whoo!

Anyways, while I'm new to posting, I'm not new to watching, so please, be honest but no flames (har har har). And to really show off my noobishness, after a minute of dinking around with html embedding, I'd rather not screw it up (which I will at this time of night) and so I'll just link to the Flickr set and embed in the morning after embedding myself in my bed (sorry, sleep deprivation=bad puns).

Enjoy!

Sep 09, 2010 at 04:37 AM
rocco61
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Four Mile Canyon Fire

Impressive report!!!

Sep 09, 2010 at 05:12 AM
Peyton
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Four Mile Canyon Fire

That is pretty cool, I like your use of long exposure and people here.

I was in Boulder over the weekend for a wedding, and I was supposed to head out early that morning to shoot. I ruined my CPL in Eldorado Canyon so I scratched the early morning departure.

We were walking around in downtown Boulder late morning and ash was falling on cars, buildings etc. It was pretty wild to see how far the smoke plume stretched into the Denver area as we drove to the airport.

Sep 09, 2010 at 07:55 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.