Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4              7       8       end

Archive 2010 · A Little Love for the 105 f/2.5

CGrindahl
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · A Little Love for the 105 f/2.5

Avi B wrote:
A couple that I had up in the Best Nikon shots thread with the 105/2.5, taken in Rajasthan in India.

I saw those shots on the other thread. Lovely. I especially like the colors in the flower shot. This lens is not only tack sharp but renders color and contrast superbly. No wonder there are so many happy folks shooting with this lens...

Aug 17, 2010 at 01:34 AM
Scott S.

Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · A Little Love for the 105 f/2.5

Love this little lens.... I have the 105 2.5 PC version.

Aug 17, 2010 at 01:37 AM
passthegravy
• • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · A Little Love for the 105 f/2.5

D2h and 105 f/2.5 AI-S. SOOC at f/2.5

Edited on May 09, 2011 at 01:55 AM · View previous versions

Aug 17, 2010 at 03:14 AM
Filipinoise
• •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · A Little Love for the 105 f/2.5

^Love it.

I don't even own this gem of a lens, but I already know that I can call myself a believer with no regrets. I hope to own this lens eventually.

Aug 17, 2010 at 06:17 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · A Little Love for the 105 f/2.5

Filipinoise wrote:
^Love it.

I don't even own this gem of a lens, but I already know that I can call myself a believer with no regrets. I hope to own this lens eventually.

You simply can't go wrong with this lens. I'd never shot manual focus before trying out this lens and now I find myself preferring to shoot manual focus. And when a lens performs like this it is hard to get it off the camera. Buy it when you're ready and you won't be disappointed.

I shot this yesterday... actually this is a tight crop. I had to reduce exposure because some of the rose petals were blown out, but I did no sharpening or adjustment to colors.

Edited on Oct 07, 2010 at 03:10 AM · View previous versions

Aug 17, 2010 at 07:12 AM
JR Magat
• • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · A Little Love for the 105 f/2.5

i hate/love how these appreciation threads make you want you to BUY that particular lens!

Great samples everyone!

Makes me want to kick myself for selling a NICE copy of this lens... but I have my mind set of what I want for my lens setup...

Aug 17, 2010 at 12:30 PM
passthegravy
• • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · A Little Love for the 105 f/2.5

JR Magat wrote:
i hate/love how these appreciation threads make you want you to BUY that particular lens!

Great samples everyone!

Makes me want to kick myself for selling a NICE copy of this lens... but I have my mind set of what I want for my lens setup...

But one of the nice things about these lenses is that you don't have to break the bank to own one. I think I paid $160 for mine, and I'll never sell it.

Aug 17, 2010 at 01:29 PM
Avi B
• • • • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · A Little Love for the 105 f/2.5

Yup, this lens should be do-able for $200 or less. I paid $100 for mine from Alt. board member Cogitech (local guy) because I told him that I'd never sell it (and nor do I intend to).

Aug 17, 2010 at 01:41 PM
JR Magat
• • • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · A Little Love for the 105 f/2.5

Yeah, the good news is that I do see them for sale under $200 pretty regularly so I didn't feel too bad letting it go

i'm just consolidating my lenses so I can purchase more expensive ones

Aug 17, 2010 at 01:58 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · A Little Love for the 105 f/2.5

JR Magat wrote:
Yeah, the good news is that I do see them for sale under $200 pretty regularly so I didn't feel too bad letting it go

i'm just consolidating my lenses so I can purchase more expensive ones

I know what you mean. Three Zeiss lenses were dropped on the Buy and Sell board yesterday and despite the fun I've been having exploring Nikon's venerable manual focus glass, I was tempted, at least until I saw the lens I was most interested in, the f/2 35, had been sold. Frankly, kit building is a lifelong adventure that includes BOTH selling and buying. I certainly never imagined I'd be selling expensive Canon glass I'd accumulated over the years and often bought at very good prices... but I've done just that and will likely do more as I finance my Nikon adventure.

Good luck building your dream kit, though it is hard to imagine there isn't room for this little gem...

Aug 17, 2010 at 03:04 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

JR Magat
• • • •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · A Little Love for the 105 f/2.5

CGrindahl wrote:
I know what you mean. Three Zeiss lenses were dropped on the Buy and Sell board yesterday and despite the fun I've been having exploring Nikon's venerable manual focus glass, I was tempted, at least until I saw the lens I was most interested in, the f/2 35, had been sold. Frankly, kit building is a lifelong adventure that includes BOTH selling and buying. I certainly never imagined I'd be selling expensive Canon glass I'd accumulated over the years and often bought at very good prices... but I've done just that and will likely do more as I finance my
...Show more

I agree with you 100%... my current dream kit is.. 24/1.4 (opted for the Sigma 24/1.8), 50/1.4 (own), 85/1.4D (own), and 135/2DC (pending sale w/ FM member) and i'm sure this "dream kit" will change & change again... haha

For the short time I had the 105 2.5 AI-S i was impressed, so i'll keep it on the list to own again down the road! I think I will invest more in MF lenses when i upgrade to a FX body

Aug 17, 2010 at 03:13 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · A Little Love for the 105 f/2.5

JR Magat wrote:
I agree with you 100%... my current dream kit is.. 24/1.4 (opted for the Sigma 24/1.8), 50/1.4 (own), 85/1.4D (own), and 135/2DC (pending sale w/ FM member) and i'm sure this "dream kit" will change & change again... haha

For the short time I had the 105 2.5 AI-S i was impressed, so i'll keep it on the list to own again down the road! I think I will invest more in MF lenses when i upgrade to a FX body

Since the only Nikon camera I've owned is the D700, it is the only measure I have of what it is like to shoot with manual focus lenses. Doubtless, the D700 with its bright viewfinder, works beautifully with these lenses. I see you're building your kit with lenses you can carry over once you buy full frame. I did the same when I was building my Canon kit. I never bought a DX lens, despite the fact the 5D hadn't yet appeared on the scene. I didn't even consider Nikon until the D700 appeared. I know the benefit of the cropped sensor when shooting long, but birding has never caught my fancy. Full frame all the way for me.

Have fun JR and remember buying gear is only the beginning... There are photos to take!

Aug 17, 2010 at 03:45 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · A Little Love for the 105 f/2.5

Today was laundry day...

A little girl began following me around when she saw I had a camera. When she began mimicking her mother, perhaps giving me instructions on how to operate the machine I couldn't resist. The MF 105 was up to the task.

Edited on Oct 07, 2010 at 03:17 AM · View previous versions

Aug 18, 2010 at 12:19 AM
Oasisbill
• • •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · A Little Love for the 105 f/2.5

Bo's Garden by Oasisbill, on Flickr

Aug 18, 2010 at 12:28 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · A Little Love for the 105 f/2.5

Yes, indeed! Great flower shot... Love that smooth bokeh.

Aug 18, 2010 at 01:48 AM
ht1948
• •
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · A Little Love for the 105 f/2.5

Well, I want to join the party This is one of the first few shots I took with lens after buying it. Mine is the AIS version

?zz=1

Aug 18, 2010 at 03:39 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · A Little Love for the 105 f/2.5

ht1948 wrote:
Well, I want to join the party This is one of the first few shots I took with lens after buying it. Mine is the AIS version

Great! I'd love to see a bigger image... something like this... taken this afternoon.

Aug 18, 2010 at 04:31 AM
Oasisbill
• • •
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · A Little Love for the 105 f/2.5

Thanks CGrindahl. This is the same flower a few days before, and the first shot I took the day I bought this wonderful lens:

Bo's garden by Oasisbill, on Flickr

Aug 18, 2010 at 12:36 PM
yossarian123
• • •
p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · A Little Love for the 105 f/2.5

Hey guys, great shots.

squatters view of old fort madison by I_Take_Pitchers, on Flickr

Aug 18, 2010 at 02:25 PM
dgjean
• • •
p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · A Little Love for the 105 f/2.5

Although I haven't seen many night shots with a 105/2.5 in this thread, it works well in the dark too.

Rio di San Luca, Venezia by Donald G. Jean (away for a week), on Flickr

Aug 18, 2010 at 05:31 PM
1       2      

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password