Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Archive 2010 · THAT wedding :: 41 pics.

Sam Hassas
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · THAT wedding :: 41 pics.

So this wedding doesn't even feel like mine anymore. You'll remember the BLACK & WHITE FILM set Evan post a few months back. Well.....this is the digital version of that wedding. Had a long talk with Evan about them. They are SO different then the film images. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my set, it's just so different from Evans.

Anywho, thought I'd put this up an educational piece for the forum.

BIG THANK YOU to Peter Friday for coming out as assistant for this wedding. YEAH PETER!

I'm sure Evan will love me for this shot. HEY thats Peter!! Shooting him and his brides wedding this Oct.

Edited on Aug 11, 2010 at 07:41 AM · View previous versions

Aug 11, 2010 at 06:52 AM
kirstin
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · THAT wedding :: 41 pics.

ok. I admit - I want an ear piece as well now.

Love the dance shots. the couple must be very happy.

thanks for sharing and please, post a link to your ear piece of choice.
cheers
k

Aug 11, 2010 at 07:23 AM
ExtendedPuppet
• • •
p.1 #3 · THAT wedding :: 41 pics.

wow dude, awesome!
I LOVE #1
Also 2,3,...
9 is epic too, I love the drip of wine caught on the bottle.
groups and portraits rock too, oh and the reception *rocks* too, wtf?

Then of course they get another awesome set from Baines... how did they manage to get both of you guys anyway? oh, and the venue rocks, and the bride is amazing... lucky groom!

Aug 11, 2010 at 07:27 AM
Sahid Limon
• • • •
p.1 #4 · THAT wedding :: 41 pics.

Sam,

Nice to finally see a post from you after months dude. I think both you and Evan killed this wedding. Your set and Evan's set is quite different, but it's remarkable to see some of the same moments caught by both of you, almost exactly at the same time. Infact, you guys both covering it the way you did made this wedding really unique. Evan's approach with all b&w film makes the wedding really classic, and your set in full color digital makes it very contemporary. I def. think this one will be a good candidate to demonstrate the classic vs contemporary feel in the workshop you guys have coming up. Just be sure to credit me to all of those padwans for giving you the idea

Anyway, really nice work. I'm not going to list specific shots here since it's 4am here, but they're all really solid and compliments the b&w set really well. Although I have to say, this wedding seems picture perfect to me. You have a bride and groom that look like models, really awesome natural light, and you have a really nice and elaborate venue.. it's almost like a magazine somehow set you guys up for the photo ops. Man... I only wish I could cover an elegant wedding like this one day.

Aug 11, 2010 at 08:08 AM
WNStudio
• • •
p.1 #5 · THAT wedding :: 41 pics.

Hey,
Cool set as usuall, but a bit different concerning your style IMO.
We are all so in digital photography nowadays, that film is not an option for many of us.
But Evan showed, that film is still alive & rockin'
Pictures in both posts are really so different, that combining them in one album or story would be difficult- so if I had to make a choice it would be Evan & film probably in a classic album.

Wojtek.

Aug 11, 2010 at 09:03 AM
pentool
• • •
p.1 #6 · THAT wedding :: 41 pics.

i like this set too. nice and fresh. its great though for the clients to have this opportunity, 2 photographers, 2 different styles.. its like 2 different times..

Aug 11, 2010 at 09:44 AM
Ryszard K.

p.1 #7 · THAT wedding :: 41 pics.

Great set Sam, as always its a pleasure to view your work.

Having seen the Black and Whites and these I'm of the opinion that regardless of the format, its the style of the photographer that determines the outcome, although you can tell your shots are digital by the way the hair merges into the blown out background (pic 1 and pic 6 shows this) I think film still has the edge in these HDR transitions.

regards

Rich

Aug 11, 2010 at 11:12 AM
Beni
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · THAT wedding :: 41 pics.

29. Only a truely twisted mentality could think how to make a couple of forks look so good . Quite a lesson to be learned from that actually, imagination and you can make even two forks into a great ring shot!

Aug 11, 2010 at 12:03 PM
TAGfan
• • •
p.1 #9 · THAT wedding :: 41 pics.

Love that first shot Sam, really beautiful.

Aug 11, 2010 at 12:25 PM
a2rob
• • •
p.1 #10 · THAT wedding :: 41 pics.

Excellent work!!

Aug 11, 2010 at 12:53 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

mineymole
• • • •
p.1 #11 · THAT wedding :: 41 pics.

Beautiful. Love 12.

Aug 11, 2010 at 12:56 PM
Chris Fawkes
• • • •
p.1 #12 · THAT wedding :: 41 pics.

I need more memory on my iphone.

Love em all.

Aug 11, 2010 at 12:57 PM
Andrew Welsh
• • • •
p.1 #13 · THAT wedding :: 41 pics.

'Bout time! Amazing to see how your different styles shine through the wedding... and how funny the 2nd shooter could steal some thunder These pics definitely have the samsauce all over them. Only crits are the last image in 36 (shadows on face not good) and 38 (too 'overheady' on the bounce). 8, 10 and 19 are all Sam H.

Aug 11, 2010 at 01:12 PM
Ziffl3
• • • •
p.1 #14 · THAT wedding :: 41 pics.

I am with Sahid - regardless of the medium .... the photographer creates the look and feel of the wedding. the medium is a sub plot.

I like these Sam .... really nice set.
there are some kill-sweet goodness images - i was going to start listing them out but there was so many.

always cool to see the Hassas sauce thrown around a wedding - brings a unique look and feel that is not stuffy or bland.

From Taiwan ... over and out and good night.....

_Mark

Aug 11, 2010 at 01:44 PM
Tony Hoffer
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · THAT wedding :: 41 pics.

Since you already know these are good and the couple is going to be spoiled like crazy, I'm only going to give my negative feedback:

3 - Seems a little bit sleepy-eyed
5 - Not your fault, but you've been photobombed by bridesmaid #3
6a - I'd prefer shot from a bit higher
11 - I think this is probably in need of a dodge/burn
17a - I'd prefer her nose pressed against him
21 - Straighten pls
23 - The one standout for me as the shot I don't think belongs in your work
24 - I see what you did there
27 - A bit too much distortion
29 - Recovered misfire?
30 - The mixed color temps in this really look a little too technicolor-y for me

The only other thing I'd say is that at the reception she has a beautiful smile. I'd love to see that in some of the formals... If you needed to make her laugh, you could have told Evan to show her his biceps.

Aug 11, 2010 at 01:50 PM
Matt B.
• • •
p.1 #16 · THAT wedding :: 41 pics.

Sam, your vision and work is continually inspiring. The only downside to your set is that it reminds me how much harder I have to work and think with each shoot.

Aug 11, 2010 at 02:05 PM
Vance Zachary
• • •
p.1 #17 · THAT wedding :: 41 pics.

#2 is sweet. My personal favorite of the set. Great use of the light streaming into the area you were in.

In #5, the lighting is almost too flat like single direct flash on camera. And I never understand why we chop the legs off at the ankles in our crops. I see this from time to time in my own work and shake my head in wonder.

#23 is a really cool perspective and idea but I don't think it completely works for me in this particular image but it's sometimes cool to take risks like this to show that you have serious game.

The reception looks like a blast.

As usual, great set.

Aug 11, 2010 at 02:47 PM
Scott Mosher
• • • •
p.1 #18 · THAT wedding :: 41 pics.

Um, more bridesmaids please!

Aug 11, 2010 at 03:18 PM
jonneyfletch
• • •
p.1 #19 · THAT wedding :: 41 pics.

Hassas Photography: "Doing our best to remind other wedding photographers how much they suck"

jf

Aug 11, 2010 at 03:20 PM
Brian Virts
• • •
p.1 #20 · THAT wedding :: 41 pics.

Really great work! My thoughts..

3 I think works more than it doesn't, does that make sense? It's just one of those.

6 Love the transitional nature in your production.

18 Just really unexpected, love it.

Aug 11, 2010 at 03:24 PM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password