FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              272      
       274              356       357       end

Leica R Series Lenses

Greggf
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.273 #1 · p.273 #1 · Leica R Series Lenses

I haven't go through my images yet, hopefully, there are some color ones to show
Looking forward to the pics, Michael...
A shot from tonight with the 90 Cron around f5.6-8, I think
Gregg

Feb 11, 2014 at 04:40 AM
Kokusai
• •
p.273 #2 · p.273 #2 · Leica R Series Lenses

LtZ -- Wonderful shots from Montmartre and Sacré-Coeur. Made me look up Espace Dali and Dali Exhibition at Pompidou Center. The distant skyline of Paris is my favorite.
crazy shot -- I like your last series where you carefully chose and displayed 4 very vivid images. Nice work...
Jon -- My favorite image from Wye Valley is the "Ancient Yews on Offa's Dyke". Regarding rainfall, here in Southern Cali, the opposite is true -- it's one of the driest years ever. Hope to get some relief soon...
Gregg -- Love your bike shots from the 50 Lux, the "upside down" crystals, Mason doing Roundhouse kick?, and the bw shot of Gio with the Cron 90.
Jack -- Very nice portrait shot .. buttery smooth bokey with the 85 Lux. I can't get enough pics from Old Havana. Any more to share?
clmusic -- I'm next in line behind Gregg for the E60 Lux Seriously though, my E55 Lux stays on the A7 most of the time.
mmacro - Welcome and nice first post with the 35 Lux. Hope to see more of your work...
Michael -- Good to have you back. My favorite is the layered mountain scenery shot from HuangShan, Anhui. It reminds me of Guilin which I hope to visit one day.
Scho -- Welcome. We're a friendly bunch here. Do continue to share and contribute...
Worldinlens -- Post more DMR shots please... Love the skin tones from this camera...

Here are a few shots with the 50 Lux E55 especially for the bike enthusiast ...

Feb 11, 2014 at 06:12 AM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.273 #3 · p.273 #3 · Leica R Series Lenses

Kokusai, Nice color and clarity. Guilin, yeh, one day!
Here are a few sunset with 80-200 and A7.

Feb 11, 2014 at 06:40 AM
Greggf
• • • •
p.273 #4 · p.273 #4 · Leica R Series Lenses

Kokusai...fantastic Ducati shots! Such clarity with the
Lux and A7! How does the R 50 Lux balance on the A7? I hope to get an A7/R sometime in the near future, and really look forward to the combination!
Michael...the first sunset is awesome! Looking forward to more!
G

Feb 11, 2014 at 02:44 PM
mmacro
• •
p.273 #5 · p.273 #5 · Leica R Series Lenses

zhangyue wrote:
Here are a few sunset with 80-200 and A7.

Wow, beautiful sunset imagery! The first in particular clearly shows a range in color beyond what I experienced on a bright afternoon with this lens. Clearly I should give it another shot before writing it off... And thanks for your input!

Mark

Feb 11, 2014 at 05:32 PM
Greggf
• • • •
p.273 #6 · p.273 #6 · Leica R Series Lenses

Here are some taken today wiht the 90 Cron....Love this lens!!
Gregg

f2, outside of UPS building...how's that for branding

shot at f5.6

from the parking lot outside of UPS as I was getting into my car

Feb 12, 2014 at 05:04 AM
mmacro
• •
p.273 #7 · p.273 #7 · Leica R Series Lenses

Nice ones Gregg. You almost have me reconsidering the 90 cron!

Feb 12, 2014 at 11:54 AM
BrianScharff

Upload & Sell: Off
p.273 #8 · p.273 #8 · Leica R Series Lenses

I haven't seen to many photos with this lens
Leica R 21mm f/4.0 Super Angulon used on a Canon 5D mk2
I have only had it for a week but I like it already and I hope to post more inspiring photos in the near future.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/countrysidefoto/12472707415/

Feb 12, 2014 at 01:59 PM
Greggf
• • • •
p.273 #9 · p.273 #9 · Leica R Series Lenses

Nice ones Gregg. You almost have me reconsidering the 90 cron!
I wasn't sure how it would be when I got it considering the alternatives(100MP, 85 1.4's, 90 Elmarit), but it has more pop an 3D, and is great as a portrait lens. All of which anyone who has used the lens will tell you! I'd love the APO, but whoa, that's a whole nother beast!!
There will be more to come!
G

Feb 12, 2014 at 03:01 PM
mmacro
• •
p.273 #10 · p.273 #10 · Leica R Series Lenses

Leica R 100 APO 2.8 Macro frame grab from Red Scarlet @ 5k 12fps (and I've just put one up for sale here

Feb 12, 2014 at 05:44 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

mmacro
• •
p.273 #11 · p.273 #11 · Leica R Series Lenses

Greggf wrote:
I wasn't sure how it would be when I got it considering the alternatives(100MP, 85 1.4's, 90 Elmarit), but it has more pop an 3D, and is great as a portrait lens. All of which anyone who has used the lens will tell you! I'd love the APO, but whoa, that's a whole nother beast!!
There will be more to come!
G

Yes, the 90 APO is on my dream lens list. Having not tried any of the 90s yet myself, seems several recommend going for the 90 Elmarit instead.
Just curious if you've used or compared the two as I may be get one of the other eventually...

Thanks!
mm

Feb 12, 2014 at 06:17 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.273 #12 · p.273 #12 · Leica R Series Lenses

The 90AA is an awesome lens, and very sharp, one of the world's best lenses. The Elmarit is a very nice lens, but not as good.

Feb 12, 2014 at 07:42 PM
mmacro
• •
p.273 #13 · p.273 #13 · Leica R Series Lenses

Yes, the APO clearly rules... Sorry, I meant the Elmarit over the non-APO 90 Summicron in response to Gregg.

Feb 12, 2014 at 08:08 PM
Kokusai
• •
p.273 #14 · p.273 #14 · Leica R Series Lenses

Greggf wrote:
Kokusai...fantastic Ducati shots! Such clarity with the
Lux and A7! How does the R 50 Lux balance on the A7? I hope to get an A7/R sometime in the near future, and really look forward to the combination!
Michael...the first sunset is awesome! Looking forward to more!
G

Thanks Gregg. I'm probably not a good reference regarding A7 + lens balance/handling simply because I had the battery grip on since day one. Also, I have no issues mounting "big" lenses such as the Contax N 85 and 17-35 lens on the A7 and shooting all day (up to 5 hours streets) with just a hand strap attached. Having said that, I think you will love the A7 + R lens combination. Love the smooth bokeh on the 90 cron pics. The bw conveyor belt shot is my favorite.

Michael -- #1 is my favorite... the sunburst, top right, caught my attention. Hope to see more...

mmacro -- Very nice grab with the 100 APO.

A couple shots with the E55 50 Lux . I like how the A7 + Leica lens render the red on the first.

Feb 12, 2014 at 08:37 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.273 #15 · p.273 #15 · Leica R Series Lenses

mmacro wrote:
Yes, the APO clearly rules... Sorry, I meant the Elmarit over the non-APO 90 Summicron in response to Gregg.

Ah, the Elmarit is a bit better wide open compared to the Cron at f/2.8, and holds that edge until maybe f/5.6, but f/2 on the Cron is also special, and worth having. It depends a bit whether you are big on sharpness, or whether you go for "look". I would take the Cron, although both lenses would be worth owning. I did once own both the R versions.

Feb 12, 2014 at 08:47 PM
Kokusai
• •
p.273 #16 · p.273 #16 · Leica R Series Lenses

carstenw -- I don't see you using your 35 Lux anymore. I truly enjoyed the HDR series you did before. Hope to see your work here.

Feb 12, 2014 at 08:53 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.273 #17 · p.273 #17 · Leica R Series Lenses

Thanks! I have a 5-year old daughter and a full-time job, and it is winter in Berlin, so I don't get so much done. I have moved away from HDR for now, but I still do the occasional urbex tour. I have two coming up on the 15th and 22nd, so expect some shots soon. I almost always post my shots in the Zeiss Photos thread (not the ZE/ZF/ZM thread).

About the 35 Lux, it is a fantastic lens, and I have a difficult time putting it up for sale, but I use almost exclusively ZF.2 lenses, and also own the 35/1.4 ZF.2, so in truth I just don't really get around to using it much. I should really sell it, but it is actually optically better than the Zeiss, and has a very different, and more moody look, so I am always thinking that I will do something with it, which is totally unrealistic.

Feb 12, 2014 at 08:56 PM
Kokusai
• •
p.273 #18 · p.273 #18 · Leica R Series Lenses

carstenw -- I see. Looking forward to see your work from the urbex tour.

All -- Thanks for the comments and the many likes from the Ducati shots -- what a beautiful piece of engineering.

Here's a couple from the other day. After taking the first shot, this well-dressed gentleman gave me a smile. I walked up to him and asked if I may take a photo of him. He happily nodded and I chose to do a full body portrait because he looked so sharp from head to toe.

50 Lux E55...

Feb 12, 2014 at 09:25 PM
mmacro
• •
p.273 #19 · p.273 #19 · Leica R Series Lenses

carstenw wrote:
Ah, the Elmarit is a bit better wide open compared to the Cron at f/2.8, and holds that edge until maybe f/5.6, but f/2 on the Cron is also special, and worth having. It depends a bit whether you are big on sharpness, or whether you go for "look". I would take the Cron, although both lenses would be worth owning. I did once own both the R versions.

Hmm, I'd probably go with the Cron then too. But have too much overlap at this focal length to justify either at the moment...

Feb 12, 2014 at 09:51 PM
mmacro
• •
p.273 #20 · p.273 #20 · Leica R Series Lenses

Kokusai wrote:
A couple shots with the E55 50 Lux . I like how the A7 + Leica lens render the red on the first.

Yes, an extremely rich and pleasant red!

Feb 12, 2014 at 09:53 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password