Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2010 · Atlanta Botanical Garden

pkupcik
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Atlanta Botanical Garden

So I took my family to Atlanta Botanical Garden yesterday for the very first time and wow what a place, a photographer's dream, especially during this time of the year. I mostly shoot portraits and family events, but am trying to get more into flower and macro photography as it lets me have a completely different look at the world around me. Here are my humble attempts, please enjoy and constructive criticism is welcome. I must admit though that it's not easy to do these with wife and a kid screaming at daddy to hurry up. All taken with 5D and 100/2.8 L macro.

Edited on Apr 06, 2010 at 01:29 PM · View previous versions

Apr 04, 2010 at 10:55 PM
treebeard
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · Atlanta Botanical Garden

Nice variety. I really like #3 and #4. Thanks for sharing all of them.

Apr 04, 2010 at 11:09 PM
Thomas Sanders
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Atlanta Botanical Garden

#4 for me in this fine series! Sounds like a wonderful place to visit.

Tom

Apr 04, 2010 at 11:40 PM
Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · Atlanta Botanical Garden

For flowers it is all about the light and placing them on supportive BG's When you have no constraints on time it will come to you as it seems you have a good eye to begin with
Enjoy the beauty!

Karl

Apr 05, 2010 at 01:18 AM
pkupcik
• •
p.1 #5 · Atlanta Botanical Garden

Thank you everyone for your kind comments. Here's one more that I think is decent from the same session.

Apr 06, 2010 at 01:04 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

morris
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · Atlanta Botanical Garden

4 & 5 for me. Great work.

Morris

Apr 06, 2010 at 01:49 AM
BearCreekLar
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · Atlanta Botanical Garden

1, 2 and 5 for me liking them a lot
Larry

Apr 06, 2010 at 01:53 AM
harshaj1
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · Atlanta Botanical Garden

Very nicely done.
Harsha

Apr 06, 2010 at 02:30 AM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · Atlanta Botanical Garden

nice color saturation, adding a diffuser of some sorts over the flower would get rid of some of the harsher light unless if that was what you were going for. 2 is my favorite, with no. 3 close behind, the focus point being on the left center. Very nice exposure on 7

Phil

Apr 06, 2010 at 02:36 AM
pkupcik
• •
p.1 #10 · Atlanta Botanical Garden

Thank you everyone again. To control exposure all I've done was dial -1/3 compensation and I think it worked pretty well in general. This was my first dedicated flower photography session and my goal was to simply try a variety of compositions and DOF and learn from it. My next session will focus more on composition. I would like to perfect that and then I may start playing with light diffusers, bouncers, etc.

Here's a photo that my wife took of me and my son who tried to help. It's not very easy to hold steady with a little one bouncing on me My wife had a blast seeing me on the ground, snapped the picture, and in minutes it was on Facebook with her and my friends laughing. She probably thought why my big pro camera can't send photos to facebook like her little cell phone can.

Apr 06, 2010 at 01:01 PM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password