Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2010 · Can it be.... Fuji m4/3rds

pascal03
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Can it be.... Fuji m4/3rds

Fuji is part of the 4/3rds group that signed on initially... could it be they have finally decided to join in with Panasonic and Olympus. If it is true, the Fuji sensor would rock on a m4/3rds body.

Than again, maybe this is a fake...... but this is what was on another forum site

Feb 02, 2010 at 11:07 PM
Astragony
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Can it be.... Fuji m4/3rds

I'de buy it!

Looks awesome

Feb 02, 2010 at 11:10 PM
Bifurcator
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Can it be.... Fuji m4/3rds

Nice mock up. But alas a fake I'm afraid.

Feb 02, 2010 at 11:12 PM
sixby6ix

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Can it be.... Fuji m4/3rds

Never seen an ad with a full spec sheet on it before. Nor one with such obvious Photoshopping (note the awful reflection...)

Feb 02, 2010 at 11:18 PM
PierreB
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Can it be.... Fuji m4/3rds

Fake or not, can it not be reasonably assumed that Fuji, as an initial supporter of the 4/3rds concept, will bring a 4/3 camera to market at some time?

Feb 02, 2010 at 11:19 PM
Bifurcator
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Can it be.... Fuji m4/3rds

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1020&message=33859598

Edited on Feb 02, 2010 at 11:23 PM · View previous versions

Feb 02, 2010 at 11:22 PM
Sam Bennett
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Can it be.... Fuji m4/3rds

Hah. Somebody's in dreamland.

Believe me, I'm hoping Fuji enters the market. The more the merrier. But that's obviously a fake.

Feb 02, 2010 at 11:22 PM
bsirjani
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Can it be.... Fuji m4/3rds

30 mm equivalent 1.7 lens would be a dream on M4/3. I hope Nikon's announcement tonight is their EVIL system that ends up being something like M4/3 with decent 35 and 85mm (equivalent) lenses with ~F1.8. I would be set with that pocket set up.

Feb 02, 2010 at 11:43 PM
PierreB
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Can it be.... Fuji m4/3rds

bsirjani wrote:
30 mm equivalent 1.7 lens would be a dream on M4/3. I hope Nikon's announcement tonight is their EVIL system that ends up being something like M4/3 with decent 35 and 85mm (equivalent) lenses with ~F1.8. I would be set with that pocket set up.

I'm hoping Canon do something similar with their announcement next week.

Feb 03, 2010 at 12:10 AM
colinm
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Can it be.... Fuji m4/3rds

Fuji is launching a new film camera, so why not hold out for this crazy thing too?

Feb 03, 2010 at 12:23 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

AhamB
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Can it be.... Fuji m4/3rds

24mpixel on (m)43's?

What's perhaps more interesting for the m43s people is that Panasonic's GH2 is going to have a completely electronic shutter, so that means fully silent shooting.

Feb 03, 2010 at 12:30 AM
mrladewig
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Can it be.... Fuji m4/3rds

Fuji makes some incredible gear. I've got some of their lenses and they are as good or better than my Nikkors and Schneiders. Their new MF folder is SWEET. But I think they don't have the market recognition to enter this consumer space. I don't think they do very well with their consumer cameras. Even their film offerings are becoming more and more a professional only recognized brand. I think full frame 35mm is the only reasonable market for them to work in and even there, I'm not sure they can continue to compete on the Nikon mount. I suspect we'll see them bow out of the DSLR game just as Kodak did.

Feb 03, 2010 at 12:52 AM
mawz
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Can it be.... Fuji m4/3rds

AhamB wrote:
24mpixel on (m)43's?

What's perhaps more interesting for the m43s people is that Panasonic's GH2 is going to have a completely electronic shutter, so that means fully silent shooting.

24MP EXR Super CCD is 12MP with a slightly smaller pixel pitch matched with an additional 12MP of P&S sized sensors arranged on a diagonal grid. It gives a small increase in resolution but a significant increase in Dynamic Range. Fuji's 12MP SuperCCD sensor in their APS-C DSLR's have about 8MP of resolution, but DR similar to a 12MP FF sensor.

I'd love a Super CCD 4/3rds setup, as long as it was at least 16MP and no more than 24-28MP (As Fuji counts, 8MP-14MP actual).

Feb 03, 2010 at 01:07 AM
mawz
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Can it be.... Fuji m4/3rds

colinm wrote:
Fuji is launching a new film camera, so why not hold out for this crazy thing too?

Another new one? They released one last year but I've heard nothing about another one. Would be interesting if they updated the GX645 to even H2 Film specs (it's a rebadged Hassy H1 currently)

Feb 03, 2010 at 01:08 AM
Navyblue
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Can it be.... Fuji m4/3rds

Man I want that lens...

Feb 03, 2010 at 01:19 AM
Sam Bennett
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Can it be.... Fuji m4/3rds

I think Fuji actually has an opportunity to be the "pro" MFT player. Olympus seems to be aimed at the consumer/style-whore segment (I mean that in a good way), Panasonic in the enthusiastic segment leaving the pro segment to...? I think the big question is whether there's any money to be made there. The whole MFT thing seems to be based on capturing people on their way from P&Ses to dSLRs - that's obviously where the big money is, and inexpensive MFTs will low margins will be the winner there. But I think Fuji realizes their strength in innovation means they're sort of doomed to be a niche player, so maybe "owning" the high-end MFT niche will be their thing.

I think it's been demonstrated pretty clearly that there's a surprising amount of interest in MFT from guys operating at the fringes - using weird glass, wanting a body they could take into a snowstorm or a sandstorm. Fuji could create a fully weather sealed MFT with a single, killer, sealed prime lens and actually get some traction into the pro market for PJ's looking for a great pocketable camera. I've seen guys wearing D-LUX 4's on their belts - that could easily be a pro MFT from Fuji. This is precisely where Leica should be, but they seem completely uninterested in going there.

Feb 03, 2010 at 01:22 AM
mawz
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Can it be.... Fuji m4/3rds

There's definitely a market for 'Pro' MFT, but I think Panasonic has most of it locked in with the GH series, which remain the most capable video/still combocams.

I think there is a second market for the spiritual successor to the Leica M though, a small, discreet and very tough camera oriented towards PJ's, especially those working in rougher conditions. It won't be as big as the video crossover market, but it's a niche which hasn't been properly filled since Digital took over.

Feb 03, 2010 at 01:30 AM
Sam Bennett
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Can it be.... Fuji m4/3rds

mawz wrote:
There's definitely a market for 'Pro' MFT, but I think Panasonic has most of it locked in with the GH series, which remain the most capable video/still combocams.

The GH series doesn't even remotely fit what I would regard as a "pro" camera. That doesn't mean it's not capable or anything like that, but if I have to worry about going outside with a camera due to weather, it doesn't have the level of confidence I expect from my pro gear. More importantly, I don't think that Panasonic is under the impression they're addressing that market.

Feb 03, 2010 at 01:39 AM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Can it be.... Fuji m4/3rds

Seeing it looks like Fuji has abandoned the DSLR market, this would be a logical move. Specs look BS, but camera looks nice. Hopefully they join Panasonic and Olympus soon.

Feb 03, 2010 at 10:31 AM
wolfloid
• •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Can it be.... Fuji m4/3rds

I wonder, is that a viewfinder on the right, or a stupid built in flash? The smaller window next to the green dot makes it look like it could be a narrow base rangefinder. Or is it just wishful thinking on my part?

Feb 03, 2010 at 11:07 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password