New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2009 · Opus 40

HerbChong
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Opus 40

taken at www.opus40.org. color IR done using the usual channel swapping to get somewhat realistic color in the sky.

Herb...

Aug 22, 2009 at 10:35 PM
jmcfadden
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Opus 40

the first is very nice tho i would bump the contrast a few notches to give definition to what looks too flat at present.
the last one has me wondering what to look at

neat place to visit

Aug 22, 2009 at 10:53 PM
Jammy Straub
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Opus 40

Very interesting location, I rather like the first one best. Always have had a thing for landscapes with very little sky, like the paintings of Anselm Keifer.

Aug 22, 2009 at 11:22 PM
Makten
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Opus 40

Nice, but why f/13? Diffraction starts much earlier for the IR waveband, so you'll lose alot of sharpness and contrast by stopping down that much.

Aug 23, 2009 at 04:22 AM
HerbChong
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Opus 40

you haven't using very good sharpening filters. the best ones correct for diffraction.

Herb...

Aug 24, 2009 at 12:31 PM
Makten
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Opus 40

HerbChong wrote:
you haven't using very good sharpening filters. the best ones correct for diffraction.

Herb...

Whatever "filter" you might have used, you can't make diffraction less than what it is for a certain wavelength and f-stop. Sorry for giving advice that you clearly don't want. Good luck in the future.

Aug 24, 2009 at 02:34 PM
HerbChong
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Opus 40

yes, you can. you obviously haven't tried it or the math. it's not going to correct everything but a proper deconvolution sharpening filter knows what to do with diffraction if it knows the pixel pitch, crop factor, and f-stop.

Herb...

Makten wrote:
Whatever "filter" you might have used, you can't make diffraction less than what it is for a certain wavelength and f-stop. Sorry for giving advice that you clearly don't want. Good luck in the future.

Aug 25, 2009 at 10:47 AM
Avi B
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Opus 40

Hi Herb, I'm interested in the math for this. Do you have some references that I can check out? Are these blind deconvolution filters then?

Aug 25, 2009 at 10:54 AM
HerbChong
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Opus 40

i don't have detailed math but Fixerlabs.com has a filter you can download and try. the literature is a bit vague but you do some digging and testing and it definitely is doing it. it's not a panacea but you should be able to get better effects than just plain sharpening using Smart Sharpen. i've started shooting panoramas at smaller apertures than i would normally use.

Herb...

Avi B wrote:
Hi Herb, I'm interested in the math for this. Do you have some references that I can check out? Are these blind deconvolution filters then?

Aug 25, 2009 at 11:40 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.