Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2008 · Catherine

Chris Sorensen
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Catherine

One of each look from an agency test this week. Thanks.

Oct 31, 2008 at 09:18 PM
eSchwab
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Catherine

I'd love to work with you once. Your lighting is so natural and perfect. Great stuff again. perfect commercial or print photos.

Oct 31, 2008 at 11:11 PM
Gene Schilling
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Catherine

Chris, as usual, these are amazing. Can I ask, are these all natural light? In particular the indoor shots?

Oct 31, 2008 at 11:30 PM
Weiyang Liu
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Catherine

Great set Chris. Your work is fantastic. What's the Post Process work done on the last photo? My faded PP never looks natural enough.

Oct 31, 2008 at 11:31 PM
Charlemagne
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Catherine

I love your work Chris.. its super clean.. great natural poses from the model also.. was she directed by you or did she know her stuff?

Charles

Oct 31, 2008 at 11:43 PM
Braeden Rogers
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Catherine

Chris man. From the time we both joined *pretty close time wise* You have become a hell of a photographer man. Really your stuff is just rockin it now. Its awesome to watch people get amazing.

Oct 31, 2008 at 11:53 PM
hatch1921
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Catherine

Excellent series! I clicked on the link and the first thing I thought of was this has to be Chris Sorensen's work.... from the very first shot. OUTSTANDING! Really like #1,3,4,6 in the series. Keep up the great work.

Hatch

Nov 01, 2008 at 01:03 AM
cairynest
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Catherine

Great job yet again Chris...

Nov 01, 2008 at 01:32 AM
Kopey
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Catherine

Awesome work once again. Beautiful model too. I love 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8. Hmmm, I guess I love them all then.

Robert.

Nov 01, 2008 at 02:19 AM
XcepTion

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Catherine

Absolutely stunning. Thank you for posting.

Nov 01, 2008 at 03:40 AM

TigerLord
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Catherine

Rockin' stuff!

Beautiful model, looks very natural.
I'm curious as to the lighting in the first few too!?

Nov 01, 2008 at 06:20 AM
timhpark
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Catherine

Chris, you deliver time and time again! Awesome work!

Tim

Nov 01, 2008 at 08:03 AM
Chris Sorensen
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Catherine

Thank you Eric.

Thanks Gene. Yeah, all natural light.

Weiyang, the PP was done in Lightroom. I upped the recovery to 25 to flatten highlights, reduced contrast - both in the tone curve and contrast slider, pushed the blacks up to 10, desaturated the image 20%, did a split tone to add some red to the shadows, changed the WB to warm up the image, and then played around with the HSL sliders to get the look and color I wanted. Hope that helps. Thanks.

Charles, she just signed with the agency and this was her first shoot so there was a lot of directing. But she was relaxed and comfortable in her own skin which made things so much easier. I shot a couple others this week that I'll be posting soon who were not as comfortable in their own bodies and it definitely makes things more difficult. Thank you.

Thanks Braeden, greatly appreciate it. And I'll say the same about you. And #8 was inspired by you with your wide angle shots and fun compositions. I wanted to get out of my tele comfort zone so I switched to the 35mm and played some (though there was no sun so no flare )

Thank you Hatch.

Thanks Sam.

Thank you Robert.

Thanks XcepTion.

Thank you Tigerlord. All natural light.

Thanks Tim.

Edited on Nov 01, 2008 at 05:54 PM · View previous versions

Nov 01, 2008 at 05:50 PM
Sergio Mottola
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Catherine

sick light.

Nov 01, 2008 at 05:51 PM
Chris Sorensen
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Catherine

Thanks Sergio.

Also, do you guys prefer #8 or this new one? Thanks.

Nov 01, 2008 at 05:54 PM
Weiyang Liu
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Catherine

Thanks for the detailed instructions on how you created that look.
To answer your question, I do think #9 looks better than #8. The angle is more flattering for her face. She also looks more playful (just a tiny bit more). The straighter arm in #8 feels a little more like she's dragging someone hard where as the slight bend in #9 feels a little more natural (Or maybe I'm just trying too hard to reason out why I like #9 over #8).

Nov 01, 2008 at 08:15 PM
cairynest
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Catherine

Nov 01, 2008 at 08:23 PM
Ravitej
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Catherine

She looks good and has potential. I would look at this set for future hire. There is one shot I would like to see here, though. I think with her bones and eyes, she could also pull of corporate. Severe suit, boardroom, conference table reflected shots. She can be cute, but works better in the more conservative shots. I look at 3-5 and see a real potential. She seems a little too classy for casual. N. 1 does work with white on white but her look is still conservative. I don't think she is jeans style. N. 2 indicates she could do traditional asian dress very well. Very classic angles and lines to her face. And she has the asian movie star look as well.

BTW, you captured her well for either appraising for a given campaign, or promoting for the future except for the ultra conservative shots. I would shoot additional conservatives and corporate to round out the package.

Nov 01, 2008 at 08:51 PM
Terrence Credl
• •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Catherine

stunning work
you certainly did her justice mate

Nov 01, 2008 at 09:30 PM
hfillmore
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Catherine

I prefer the comp in the new one. I feel like since her body is facing camera right, she's too close to the right edge of the frame in number8.

Harvey

Nov 01, 2008 at 11:35 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password