Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              34      
       36              157       158       end

Archive 2008 · Canon 5DII rumors thread

RalphJ
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.35 #1 · Canon 5DII rumors thread

martines34 wrote:
Canon has released a teaser on their site about the new evolution coming. Assumed to be the new 5D.

To fully follow the enlightened discussion of this teaser, start on page 23 of this thread....

Sep 05, 2008 at 07:20 PM
Marcus Watts
• • • •
p.35 #2 · Canon 5DII rumors thread

The headline at dpreview "New 5D to eclipse competition?" is promising also. I would bet they know more than we do.

Sep 05, 2008 at 07:33 PM
Marcus Watts
• • • •
p.35 #3 · Canon 5DII rumors thread

mohamed alfari wrote:
hi everyone,
how can i be the first to order the new 5D. any tips will be appreciated.
thanks

You want a tip on how to order a camera?

Sep 05, 2008 at 07:34 PM
rji2goleez
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.35 #4 · Canon 5DII rumors thread

So much anticipation. I can just imagine what happens in this thread if Canon doesn't announce a 5D replacement. As much as I want it, I still have my 5D mark I which still takes awesome photographs.

Sep 05, 2008 at 07:47 PM
rsg_1
• • •
p.35 #5 · Canon 5DII rumors thread

rji2goleez wrote:
So much anticipation. I can just imagine what happens in this thread if Canon doesn't announce a 5D replacement. As much as I want it, I still have my 5D mark I which still takes awesome photographs.

Yeah, but where will everyone on this forum go? A 5D replacement is coming, and no I don't definitely know, but it was interesting that when I approached my dealer about switching to Nikon a few weeks ago, he dissuaded me and told me to wait for a 5E or 5F. I thought what the hell is the guy talking about and chalked it up to ignorance since the dealer is more pro Nikon and may not know the Canon lineup very well.

Sep 05, 2008 at 08:05 PM
rji2goleez
• • • •
p.35 #6 · Canon 5DII rumors thread

Yeah, but where will everyone on this forum go? A 5D replacement is coming, and no I don't definitely know, but it was interesting that when I approached my dealer about switching to Nikon a few weeks ago, he dissuaded me and told me to wait for a 5E or 5F. I thought what the hell is the guy talking about and chalked it up to ignorance since the dealer is more pro Nikon and may not know the Canon lineup very well.

Where will they go? Hopefully they'll go take pictures with their current line up of wonderful Canon, Nikon and other fine cameras.

Sep 05, 2008 at 08:25 PM
jerrykur
• • • •
p.35 #7 · Canon 5DII rumors thread

If the replacement camera is the 21 MP, 5 fps,.... camera. Would you buy it? And is so, how soon?

Because of the 1DMK3 AF issue I think I would wait 3 or 4 months before I put my money down.

jerry

Sep 05, 2008 at 08:31 PM
wkhc168
• • •
p.35 #8 · Canon 5DII rumors thread

mohamed alfari wrote:
hi everyone,
how can i be the first to order the new 5D. any tips will be appreciated.
thanks

I put my name on the list back in June. It's a little too late now to try to be the first now. Some may argue that you don't really want to be the first because of what happened with 1DIII but I think Canon can't afford to screw up again.

Edited on Sep 05, 2008 at 08:38 PM

Sep 05, 2008 at 08:38 PM
Mark Shaxted
• •
p.35 #9 · Canon 5DII rumors thread

Idea.

Destined Evolution. DE. The natural evolution from D is to E. It's going to be called the Canon ESO 5E.

Sep 05, 2008 at 08:40 PM
michael49
• • • • •
p.35 #10 · Canon 5DII rumors thread

Mark Shaxted wrote:
Idea.

Destined Evolution. DE. The natural evolution from D is to E. It's going to be called the Canon ESO 5E.

Already suggested. I like the idea though.

Sep 05, 2008 at 08:42 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

michael49
• • • • •
p.35 #11 · Canon 5DII rumors thread

digitalbug30d wrote:
maybe there are 2 bodies to be announced

That's what I'm hoping for.

Sep 05, 2008 at 08:43 PM
globalkiwi
• • • •
p.35 #12 · Canon 5DII rumors thread

wkhc168 wrote:
I put my name on the list back in June. It's a little too late now to try to be the first now. Some may argue that you don't really want to be the first because of what happened with 1DIII but I think Canon can't afford to screw up again.

You guys are kidding right?

Sep 05, 2008 at 08:45 PM
michael49
• • • • •
p.35 #13 · Canon 5DII rumors thread

globalkiwi wrote:
You guys are kidding right?

What, you don't have your name on "the list" yet? Wow, your really screwed!

Sep 05, 2008 at 08:47 PM
maxx9photo
• • • •
p.35 #14 · Canon 5DII rumors thread

You guys are fool!!! it's D700

Sep 05, 2008 at 08:48 PM
Hatcher
• •
p.35 #15 · Canon 5DII rumors thread

We are Devo.
D-E-V-O

(Destined Evolution....de-evolution was the first thing that came to mind. Flower pot, anyone?)

Sep 05, 2008 at 08:52 PM
Alistair Watson
• • • • •
p.35 #16 · Canon 5DII rumors thread

jerrykur wrote:
If the replacement camera is the 21 MP, 5 fps,.... camera. Would you buy it? And is so, how soon?

Because of the 1DMK3 AF issue I think I would wait 3 or 4 months before I put my money down.

jerry

Well if the rumoured specs are to be believed, 19 point AF, that is the 1D 3 series AF. Having been bitten by the 1D3 problem, twice, I will certainly be holding off until others have used it first. Having said that, a 5D size body with 1D series AF, if it works, super, I will buy one in a heartbeat!

globalkiwi
• • • •
p.35 #17 · Canon 5DII rumors thread

michael49 wrote:
What, you don't have your name on "the list" yet? Wow, your really screwed!

I guess I am. I don't even know what "it" is going to be, let alone have my name on the list ...

jerrykur
• • • •
p.35 #18 · Canon 5DII rumors thread

Alistair Watson wrote:
Well if the rumoured specs are to be believed, 19 point AF, that is the 1D 3 series AF. Having been bitten by the 1D3 problem, twice, I will certainly be holding off until others have used it first. Having said that, a 5D size body with 1D series AF, if it works, super, I will buy one in a heartbeat!

I am with you on buying one. Wait, maybe I am right behind you in buying one.

Sep 05, 2008 at 09:00 PM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.35 #19 · Canon 5DII rumors thread

No Maxx. Canon changed the D place when switching from D60 to 10D. So if 700, it could be 700D only. But I would think, its still high semipro so it will miss the 00 (in germany means "restroom", too). They would not place it against Nikons semipro range, I guess.

Ralph

Edited by Ralph Conway on Sep 05, 2008 at 11:04 PM GMT

Edited on Sep 05, 2008 at 09:04 PM

Sep 05, 2008 at 09:00 PM
wkhc168
• • •
p.35 #20 · Canon 5DII rumors thread

globalkiwi wrote:
I guess I am. I don't even know what "it" is going to be, let alone have my name on the list ...

I talked to my sales guy at my cemera store back in June. He said Canon told them no annoucement until the Photokina show. I asked him if they have a waiting list, he said not an official one but if I wanted to be put on the list once it is announced, he will put that request in my customer file and I will be on the list when they start one.

Sep 05, 2008 at 09:02 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password