New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              661      
       end

Post your recent film shots!

Desmolicious
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.662 #1 · p.662 #1 · Post your recent film shots!

Minolta SR1s, Rokkor 55 1.7, Kodak BW 400CN

D750 scan

Jun 24, 2017 at 04:05 AM
Peter Figen
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.662 #2 · p.662 #2 · Post your recent film shots!

Beautiful shots of Z Huss. I just gotta say that the very first SLR I ever used was my father's Minolta SR1 - with the clip-on meter that coupled to the shutter speed dial. My grandfather brought it back from Taiwan in '63 along with 35mm and 135mm preset lenses to go along with the 50mm. For those not familiar with preset lenses, there were two aperture rings - one aperture ring with hard stop aperture stops and a second free floating ring that you would rotate to wide open to focus and then quickly rack back to the "preset" point of the first ring - the free floating ring wouldn't turn past where the preset was set. We finally graduated him to an OM-1 which I'm sure is still somewhere at the house.

Jun 24, 2017 at 05:17 AM
Desmolicious
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.662 #3 · p.662 #3 · Post your recent film shots!

Thanks Peter. I picked it up just because I thought it had gorgeous minimalist styling. It feels a tad fragile compared to my XK, but then it also weighs about 1/3 as much!

Anyway, I'm posting this here as it did not get much play in the "People" forum.. I was testing out my lighting and exposure before I get the 'real' models in for the finale of a project I'm working on.
The actual shoot will be with a Rolleiflex (I want the larger format), but I was still impressed by the quality of Minolta's lenses.

Minolta SR1s, Rokkor 55 1.7, Kodak BW400CN

Jun 25, 2017 at 12:20 AM
       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password