FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3756      
       3758              4530       4531       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

FlyingPhotog
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3757 #1 · p.3757 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

A Is For Atmosphere .. which the A380 bends to its will...

Emirates departing LAX

Apr 14, 2014 at 05:11 AM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3757 #2 · p.3757 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Not unlike the proverbial Hippo In A Tutu...

China Southern

British Airways

Apr 14, 2014 at 07:54 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3757 #3 · p.3757 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

DIdn't see the sun today, but the moon just made a brief appearance before the clouds closed in again. Tomorrow we head for Wanaka and the airshow this weekend, but the forecast is pretty grim.

Meanwhile, we visited some more Marlborough wineries: this is the tasting room at Clos Henri, a de-consecrated chapel that was moved to this site from the nearby town of Ward in 2003.

Stereo-X pair, for cross-eyed viewing

Apr 14, 2014 at 08:56 AM
Go4Long
• • • •
p.3757 #4 · p.3757 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
Day Seven: still raining...

This weather is payback for the first time we visited NZ, two years ago: then it was three weeks of sunshine with one rainy day. A sort of loss leader, you might say.

Or perhaps a bait and switch?

While I'm here, here's the latest F-16 planned to export to the Omani Airforce flight testing at JRB Fort Worth.

To Oman WIth Love by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

Apr 14, 2014 at 11:56 AM
Shaggy Wolf
• • •
p.3757 #5 · p.3757 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

kwoodard wrote:
Counter-rotating... No air to foul really. I had a model plane that used these kind of props, as well as a helicopter with a dual main rotor. Nice thing about that setup, no torque-roll.

Guess I never really looked hard at the props, I can see the leading edges in opposing directions now. Interesting.

Apr 14, 2014 at 01:11 PM
Zane Adams
• •
p.3757 #6 · p.3757 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
I hear you Zane. They all like those premiums, but the outflow isn't as popular with them, although I have had State Farm for 30 years and they have been prompt, honest, and if anything, over performed on any claim we've had.

Yep...State Farm is my carrier as well... I was quite disappointed with the service.

Apr 14, 2014 at 01:46 PM
buffallo bill

p.3757 #7 · p.3757 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hi Mark,

Long time lurker and admirer of all the wonderful images on this board, some stellar stuff indeed, I was looking at your images of the A380 at Glasgow and wondering if they were take off or landing? I was also wondering from where you shot them as I know it landed and took off into the west so was curious about your vantage point as any time I've been over I was in the little lay by at the east end of the runway and found it rather restricting, also curious about the people being so close to the fence and if there are any issues with that? I heard about the traffic problems so I tried to photograph this aircraft from my window, which did not turn out too well, shocker I know!

Sorry about the length of this, curiosity got the better of me, cheers, Bill.

Apr 14, 2014 at 03:38 PM
Colin Giersberg
• • • •
p.3757 #8 · p.3757 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Bill, welcome to MA2A. Since you are a long time lurker, you know what this thread is like. Please make yourself at home and enjoy the discussions and the images.

Regards, Colin

Apr 14, 2014 at 07:57 PM
MMcGrath
• • • •
p.3757 #9 · p.3757 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

buffallo bill wrote:
Hi Mark,

Long time lurker and admirer of all the wonderful images on this board, some stellar stuff indeed, I was looking at your images of the A380 at Glasgow and wondering if they were take off or landing? I was also wondering from where you shot them as I know it landed and took off into the west so was curious about your vantage point as any time I've been over I was in the little lay by at the east end of the runway and found it rather restricting, also curious about the people being so close to
...Show more

Bill,

The first shot is a landing shot. It was taken from next to East Yonderton farm on Walkinshaw road. I got lucky in that the sun clouded over for a few minutes just as it landed, else I would have been shooting into the sun.

The second take off shot is taken from the road that runs next to M&Co just where it joins the main road. The sun was directly down the runway for this shot.

The police & security are generally pretty good at GLA. They don't mind you being close to the fence but don't lean against it too heavily as it is alarmed.

Hope this helps.

Mark

Apr 14, 2014 at 08:59 PM
buffallo bill

p.3757 #10 · p.3757 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the welcome, I have been enjoying the talent on this board for years and I am constantly blown away by the images, not only of aircraft but every genre the members here turn their hands to, truly inspiring, cheers, Bill.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply, indeed most helpful, particularly about the fence, I often wondered about whether you could get close to it, especially when looking at your shots of planes on the runway, I want to try panning some shots of aircraft close up to see if I can get something sharp! Cheers again, Bill.

Apr 14, 2014 at 10:25 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Jeff W.
• • • •
p.3757 #11 · p.3757 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Here is the Gannet again. This time illuminated primarily by a full moon (about the 11-o'clock position) and a little fill-in light painted on the "dark side" of the fuselage with my trusty LED flashlight that I got from the $9.99 clearance bin at BassPro

Apr 14, 2014 at 10:53 PM
Go4Long
• • • •
p.3757 #12 · p.3757 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Sad that he's going to retire at the end of this year. Mr Colin Edwards...

Retiree by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

Apr 15, 2014 at 03:16 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3757 #13 · p.3757 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Question for Zim, I ordered the Phantom 2+ with the OEM camera and gimbal. I own four Hero 3+ Black units, but I don't really care if the OEM is the same quality. I didn't see the 2+ available to order with the Hero gimbal, and I thought maybe it would be a good idea to have it all configured. Anywhooooo, what's your impression? I still have time to change the order, if in fact it is available with the Hero 3+ gimbal.

Apr 15, 2014 at 03:55 AM
Go4Long
• • • •
p.3757 #14 · p.3757 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

The Boxin Bears by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

Apr 15, 2014 at 04:25 AM
Razor17
• •
p.3757 #15 · p.3757 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jan-Arie wrote:
Sure Lynn

Thank you for sharing them...

Lynn

Apr 15, 2014 at 04:31 AM
Razor17
• •
p.3757 #16 · p.3757 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
DIdn't see the sun today, but the moon just made a brief appearance before the clouds closed in again. Tomorrow we head for Wanaka and the airshow this weekend, but the forecast is pretty grim.

Meanwhile, we visited some more Marlborough wineries: this is the tasting room at Clos Henri, a de-consecrated chapel that was moved to this site from the nearby town of Ward in 2003.

Keep them coming please, are you going to have time to see Milford Sound or Queenstown? You can't beat the view in NZ....

Lynn

Apr 15, 2014 at 04:37 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3757 #17 · p.3757 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Question for Zim, I ordered the Phantom 2+ with the OEM camera and gimbal. I own four Hero 3+ Black units, but I don't really care if the OEM is the same quality. I didn't see the 2+ available to order with the Hero gimbal, and I thought maybe it would be a good idea to have it all configured. Anywhooooo, what's your impression? I still have time to change the order, if in fact it is available with the Hero 3+ gimbal.

I have the Phantom 2 Vision, which is an all-in-one rig with the DJI camera on a single-axis (pitch only) gimbal. I don't know if they've upgraded the camera on the Phantom 2+, along with the gimbal improvements. Since I don't have a Hero 3+ I can't make a direct comparison, but I'm generally pleased with the quality of video and stills.

If you have a look at www.stevezphoto.us/utah, all the aerial imagery in that gallery was shot with the Phantom 2 Vision.

In other news, down here in NZ we finally saw the sun today. But it clouded up again in the afternoon and we missed seeing the lunar eclipse. More rain in the forecast (and a wintry mix on Thursday!) every day for the next week.

Apr 15, 2014 at 08:16 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3757 #18 · p.3757 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Razor17 wrote:
Keep them coming please, are you going to have time to see Milford Sound or Queenstown? You can't beat the view in NZ....

Lynn

I'm doing my best but the weather has failed to cooperate. Looks like Warbirds Over Wanaka will be soggy at best.

Apr 15, 2014 at 08:19 AM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3757 #19 · p.3757 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

The Eclipse...

Apr 15, 2014 at 11:07 AM
Wrei
• • • •
p.3757 #20 · p.3757 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jay, even more impressive large!