Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3718      
       3720              4241       4242       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Wrei
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3719 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Praying for a calm day and good weather for our Oklahoma neighbors; strength to carry on; and recognition of Gods love for them during their hardship. God Bless you all.

edit: Just heard the Coroner say that in addition to 51 souls, they are expecting 40 more deceased, mostly children. Very sad day here...OK and TX have very similar values, we are only separated by state lines.

Edited on May 21, 2013 at 04:32 AM · View previous versions

May 21, 2013 at 03:45 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3719 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
So happy Y'all had a great time in Seattle and environs. We have a board conference call later this week to recap, but it sounds like the event was the best yet and that's great. I'm anxious to sit down with Jay and Zim and get their impressions.

Did anyone come home with a Blad? Or a burning desire to spend 50K to acquire one? An H4D-60 with a 4x4 screwed to the bottom, now that would be a handful in the air.

No 'Blads in my bag. Yet. Though to tell you the truth, I like my current cameras just fine.

May 21, 2013 at 03:55 AM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3719 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
Now that I'm back home and looking at my ISAP stuff on my calibrated monitor, I can see I have some work to do in post...especially since Jay and I were shooting at the same time, under the same lighting

And I'm only on my laptop for another day!

Made it to Bodie today. Straight up shooter's playground! Got a little taste of Mono Lake as well. Long, long haul home tomorrow but well worth the road trip.

Offering up prayers as well for Oklahoma. Nature can be very cruel but totally indiscriminate.

May 21, 2013 at 04:49 AM
gerov
• • • • •
p.3719 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Steve and Jay, spectacular images, and it's certainly nice that you were able to document one another.

Steve, in that last one of the B-25 over Puget Sound, it looks like there is a lot of compression going on. That is a stunning image and I'm sure that it would look fantastic printed large, really large.

Gero

May 21, 2013 at 01:23 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3719 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks, Gero. This is a fairly aggressive crop of an image shot at 175mm, so there is a fair amount of compression (the color shift from the B-25 to the background is another clue). It's only a 1DX file, though, so I don't know how well it'll stand up in a very large print.

[Edit: Did I just write, "It's only a 1DX file"? ]

Edited on May 21, 2013 at 05:36 PM · View previous versions

May 21, 2013 at 01:58 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3719 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
No 'Blads in my bag. Yet. Though to tell you the truth, I like my current cameras just fine.

I agree Steve. Especially when you consider the disproportionate investment. I treasured my Blads and they were good to me, but the dynamics have shifted in several ways that make that move harder to justify.

May 21, 2013 at 03:45 PM
Ernie Aubert
• • • •
p.3719 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Have you guys who have mentioned Hasselblad looked at the Leica S or S2? Is there some overriding factor that keeps it from being considered, like maybe lack of long lenses? (I know nothing about it or its system, I'm just curious...)

May 21, 2013 at 06:25 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3719 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hi Ernie,

Leica has long been an esoteric piece of equipment. Obviously a very fine one, but flexibility in lensing and durability are issues, along with pricing in the stratosphere. They did offer to come to ISAP 2013, but it was kind of a non-starter because they have a policy of not paying for any type of sponsorship. My feeling was that I should call them and tell them that I'd like their entire system, but I have a policy about not paying for photographic gear!

May 21, 2013 at 08:13 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3719 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hey Jim your ok? weather wise some nasty weather in your area....

May 21, 2013 at 08:20 PM
Ernie Aubert
• • • •
p.3719 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Hi Ernie,

... My feeling was that I should call them and tell them that I'd like their entire system, but I have a policy about not paying for photographic gear!

May 21, 2013 at 08:21 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3719 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hi Jan Arie,

Yup, so far so good. HQ had 85 mph straight line winds a few minutes ago. No rotation, lot's of rain. Bryan Martin just texted me to tell me that HQ survived. We're not out of the woods yet, but I think we'll be fine.

May 21, 2013 at 08:33 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3719 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

"Amen!" Wrei

May 21, 2013 at 08:35 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3719 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

A Jug from the Champlin collection, now in the Museum of Flight, Seattle.

May 21, 2013 at 09:26 PM
astrobrian
• • •
p.3719 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Hi Jan Arie,

Yup, so far so good. HQ had 85 mph straight line winds a few minutes ago. No rotation, lot's of rain. Bryan Martin just texted me to tell me that HQ survived. We're not out of the woods yet, but I think we'll be fine.

great hearing things are ok up there. My friend in Houston said DFW flights were diverting there for a time during that storm. nowhere near like yesterday though which is good.

May 22, 2013 at 01:42 AM
astrobrian
• • •
p.3719 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

That Jug pops Zim, gorgeous

May 22, 2013 at 01:43 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3719 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

We're on the back side of the weather. Apparently Butch's air conditioner compressor unit took flight across KTKI this afternoon, along with various hangar sheet metal pieces. Bryan tells me that HQ was unscathed. If the sky clears I'll be shooting aerials all day tomorrow, so I'll look it over myself.

HOU is a definite no go this week, WX is too iffy down there. I was awarded 13 new projects from one commercial real estate client, seven from a commercial builder, asked to quote four projects for an architect that I've shot for for 30 years, and got four additional aerial projects for tomorrow.......whew!

May 22, 2013 at 03:32 AM
Razor17
• •
p.3719 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Wrei wrote:
Praying for a calm day and good weather for our Oklahoma neighbors; strength to carry on; and recognition of Gods love for them during their hardship. God Bless you all.

http://eddiewreispix.zenfolio.com/img/s1/v46/p644071742-4.jpg

edit: Just heard the Coroner say that in addition to 51 souls, they are expecting 40 more deceased, mostly children. Very sad day here...OK and TX have very similar values, we are only separated by state lines.

I read tonight that they have miss-counted and it now stands at 24, still very sad for them. I will keep them all in my prayers...

Lynn

May 22, 2013 at 03:50 AM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3719 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

AZ Chapter home safe & sound.

Glad you were spared the wrath Jim.

May 22, 2013 at 03:51 AM
Razor17
• •
p.3719 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

FlyingPhotog wrote:

Apparently "Duck Lips" is a hazard of pony driving...

http://crosswindimages.com/img/s9/v96/p1705374542.jpg

(no crop btw...)

Very nice Jay, that's the man himself isn't it??

Lynn

May 22, 2013 at 03:59 AM
Razor17
• •
p.3719 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

MMcGrath wrote:
Steve,

what height were you guys flying at on that sortie?

Looks like 2000'-2500'

May 22, 2013 at 04:02 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password