Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3716      
       3718              4355       4356       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3717 #1 · p.3717 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Heck Jan Arie, these days I can't tell a 25 from a 26

Sorry, got nothin' doing this from my iPad..........

Edited on May 19, 2013 at 07:35 PM · View previous versions

May 19, 2013 at 07:28 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3717 #2 · p.3717 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Is it possible to have jet lag, just from zipping back and forth so many times?

May 19, 2013 at 07:30 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3717 #3 · p.3717 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Last of the Great

The Last One RF4C 68-0599 Courtesy photo/Released Davis Monthan 309th Aerospace Maintenance and Regeneration Group

Canon EOS 5D    200mm    f/5.6    1/500s    250 ISO    0.0 EV  

May 19, 2013 at 08:02 PM
cbrandt
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3717 #4 · p.3717 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

saph wrote:
I found this link for the hot air balloon event in September. Perhaps we can convince the hangar owner to allow photography of those classic planes and cars that day.

http://eastonairport.com/up-up-and-away-at-easton-airport-day/

I hadn't seen the article .. I follow the Talbot Spy on FB .. but well ....... I attempted to pay my $100 bucks for the VIP treatment last year having sent an email to Hunter .. but I did include the fact my main interest of contributing was for the photography opportunity .. and he didn't reply back -- I figure they just lost a 100 bucks.

Hot Air Balloons are August 1st and 2nd this year I believe ....... The guy who puts on the Preakness Balloon Festivities for past 20 years, has agreed to do this one.

It'll be over on Mistletoe Lane I believe .... ( $5 per car donation if Wayne can get County to approve it, as it's their road so he'd be backing up traffic collecting the donation .. they parked 1200 cars last year just at the airport ) which is just off the by pass behind Black n Decker as you look to the North ...... the balloonists didn't want to go back to the airport .. they WANT EVERYONE UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL to the balloons ...... they will have rides this year for $xxx money, you can tether for $xx, there will be one for kids that will be cold inflated for the kids to go in and tramp around. Friday night will go from 4pm to around 9ish ...... as they will put 10 balloons up to GLOW. Then Saturday morning they will launch at day break so like last year, I'll be out there at 0500 to shoot high ISO .. lol

SOOOOOOOO the Hot Air Balloon Festival benefitting the Talbot County Paramedic Foundation ....... is in NO WAY associated with the airport or AIRPORT DAYS .. a friend and co worker Wayne Dyott / Pres of the Talbot Paramedic Foundation and a county coroner is again chairing the Balloon festivities .. I chatted with him 2 weeks ago in his office at the hospital about it .. and I thought all this was FREE .. whoaaaaaaaa .. balloon team gets $250 to show and lodging .. last year Days Inn for 5 bucks lets say .. some guy came in to check out rooms and said that won't due, so nearest competitor is $10 bucks .. OUCH if that holds up ........... then a million insurance on each balloon and on and on .. like $10,000 right now in expenses if the rooms aren't upgraded !!! A friend of Waynes owns the empty lots for parking and he said he'd take care of getting them all mowed .... NICE .... and another friend who owns Aqua Pool has a huge empty lot next to his place, which is like behind Black n Decker and that is where the balloonists want to inflate and launch from.

It should be a really great event !! I know I'm taking the day off so I can be there early / BEFORE the traffic as my shooting buddy Larry works in the last building on that lane.

May 19, 2013 at 08:25 PM
cbrandt
• • •
p.3717 #5 · p.3717 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I just can't believe I never picked up a camera when I was working these monsters !! From the BA in the early 70's on thru my short tourn in the Navy .. I handled alot of F4's pickin' em up off the taxi way to chockin', refueling then air and power when they were ready to leave - not one photo ....... unreal !

May 19, 2013 at 08:30 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3717 #6 · p.3717 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Curtis it's not mine photo its from davis monthan i just shared it.
To bad you don't have any photographic memories from your time in the services

May 19, 2013 at 08:34 PM
saph
• • • •
p.3717 #7 · p.3717 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Curtis, I noted down August 1-2 for the hot air balloon show, sounds like fun and hope I can get to it that day.

May 19, 2013 at 11:05 PM
astrobrian
• • •
p.3717 #8 · p.3717 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I always loved the looks of the R-F4C's more than any other variant. Was the last ones they flew here out of Bergstrom before swapping to 16's then being shut down after the Gulf War.

May 19, 2013 at 11:54 PM
Wrei
• • • •
p.3717 #9 · p.3717 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jan, when I was in the USAF/TxANG, I got so use to being around the aircraft, I really didn't think of taking photos. Rode in the back seat of F-4's 4 times and never took a camera. I was so busy playing with the radar and stuff. I even got to fly in a two ship where we were the lead and the wingman was no more than 20 feet away. If I had a camera then it would have stayed in my lap, I was stoked by how close the wingman was as we went through the clouds for our approach into Sheppard AFB, TX. But now, yeah, I wish I had taken a camera, but the reality was too riveting at the time. It was crazy fun!

Even on base we were no more than a 100 yards from the runway, and when my jet was a lead, I had to do End Of Runway (EOR) Check. So we were right there. This photo was take about 50 yards behind where I usually stood on the flight line. My jet was on the front row next to the taxi way.

Come to think of it, I was deployed with two other guys to maintain 3 F-4's remotely in Victoria, TX. I took a friends son with me one day and gave him the video camera. Somewhere there is a JVC tape as he was at the approach end of the runway with me after EOR and he was going to video the take off. As soon as the burners lit I caught him falling to the ground and the camera hitting the concrete. The burners scared the daylights out of him. In the video you see the first burner light, then it looks like everything explodes because the camera lens goes up and then down to the concrete, then it is laying on its side. Funny!

May 19, 2013 at 11:58 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3717 #10 · p.3717 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Just checking in...

Leg one of the return trip complete.

May 20, 2013 at 12:37 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3717 #11 · p.3717 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks to ISAP member Gary Edwards for this portrait of me in the back of the T-6...

May 20, 2013 at 01:38 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.3717 #12 · p.3717 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Now that looks like fun Steve. Can't wait to see the rest of the captures. Glenn, sorry, my thesaurus is even lacking for words now. Keep knocking those out of the park.

Something on the local radio this week about Memphis Belle:
http://wyso.org/post/memphis-belle-and-aerial-war

Back to school in the morning for another 12 weeks.

May 20, 2013 at 02:06 AM
cbrandt
• • •
p.3717 #13 · p.3717 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

That is a really nice photo and so is the composition to get you framed so well in your photo steve !!

May 20, 2013 at 02:17 AM
cbrandt
• • •
p.3717 #14 · p.3717 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Saph .. it'll be that Friday night starting at 4 for the GLOW ....... checked my written calander and that is the 2nd of August for all the events ....... Saturday they will just launch and leave ......... that will be all said and done by 0900 I'm told.

May 20, 2013 at 02:19 AM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3717 #15 · p.3717 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

The Master At Work...

May 20, 2013 at 03:16 AM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3717 #16 · p.3717 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Impatience Is A Virtue...

May 20, 2013 at 03:28 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3717 #17 · p.3717 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Those shots of Zim in the Six are worth the price of admission alone! Memories made!

Nice work Jay!

May 20, 2013 at 03:35 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3717 #18 · p.3717 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Holy cow, Jay: in your hands, impatience IS a virtue. That's gorgeous. And I'd love to have a copy of your shot (or shots) of me in the back of the T-6: great memories, for sure.

May 20, 2013 at 03:53 AM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3717 #19 · p.3717 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I'll get you hooked up after I get home Steve...

May 20, 2013 at 04:09 AM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3717 #20 · p.3717 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Apparently "Duck Lips" is a hazard of pony driving...

(no crop btw...)

May 20, 2013 at 04:35 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password