Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3584      
       3586              4305       4306       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Leftcoast_Mike

Upload & Sell: Off
p.3585 #1 · p.3585 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Re: the run down Hilton, our Hilton is Seattle Airport.....whew!

better.

I'm on the fence here.

I'm just over the border in Langley, BC. Without border waits it's about 2 hours to Seattle. That's a lot of driving despite being somewhat close. I could fly there a whole lot quicker. Would be nice to avoid the hotel costs if possible but it might be unavoidable

Feb 28, 2013 at 06:12 AM
Wrei
• • • •
p.3585 #2 · p.3585 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn Watson wrote:
Thanks so much for the comments and critique - please never hold back on account of hurting my feelings, you wont. Those are all very great points and its funny after reading them they seem sorta obvious. but trust me they never entered my mind! I'm terrible at directing models on what to do and how to pose - i find myself standing there waiting to shoot while they're standing there looking at me waiting for to tell them how to be.

But JW's post pretty much summed it up, and add to the fact it was a high
...Show more

...and you think you have posing problems...

Feb 28, 2013 at 01:29 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3585 #3 · p.3585 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn Buddy, one of the things that can help you in those situations, is to have a person or two, preferably a female, looking over your shoulder. They pick up on things we miss, hand positions, a blowing lapel, a collar that isn't perfectly in position, Women have a wonderful sense for those details while we run around with our hair on fire just trying to light it, shoot it, and have it be over. Miss Nadya would be a tremendous asset when you have those types of assignments.....um, come to think of it, Miss Nadya is a tremendous asset no matter wht you might be doing! See if there's someone on the client's team who can provide an extra set of eyes for you, it's too much for one person to oversee. As your clients and budgets grow, you'll begin pulling in stylists to help you with that kind of stuff. The downside is, then you have additional people to manage, because any way you slice it, you are the ring master, and the end product, great or sorry, depends upon you. Ease into it, like you are. You will find yourself less and less hesitant to direct people. I know exactly where you're coming from, when I began, I missed a lot of stuff, I was so wound up that I just wanted to shoot something and have it be over, before it all came unravelled. Time and familiarity with your equipment, and those scenarios will gradually put you in control of most anything the client/weather can throw at you. You've seen me under pressure, I get very quiet and focused, partly because that looks better and inspires more confidence than looking terrified to those around you.

You got it, you're on the right track, roll on. And, um, they say it's a good idea not to break out new gear for the first time on a shoot. I personally have found that advice to be over rated, but then I find stark terror a real motivator.

Feb 28, 2013 at 04:02 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3585 #4 · p.3585 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Curtis Build P47G

Ow Jim excellent article in the Isap Magazine

P47G

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV    EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM lens    400mm    f/14.0    1/125s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Feb 28, 2013 at 06:31 PM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.3585 #5 · p.3585 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn Watson wrote:

http://www.machpointoneaviation.com/img/s8/v84/p1455021042.jpg

That's the best shot of the whole set of this aircraft, Glenn. Beautiful.

I would suggest putting in a half-hour into carefully masking out the aircraft and then brightening it up a little to create better separation from the background and make it better-lit... but not too much, just a subtle difference like maybe a half-stop brighter. My personal bias.

Feb 28, 2013 at 07:40 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3585 #6 · p.3585 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
That's the best shot of the whole set of this aircraft, Glenn. Beautiful.

I would suggest putting in a half-hour into carefully masking out the aircraft and then brightening it up a little to create better separation from the background and make it better-lit... but not too much, just a subtle difference like maybe a half-stop brighter. My personal bias.

+1! This one screams out for all the TLC you can lavish on it in post. It'll be worth it!

Feb 28, 2013 at 07:45 PM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.3585 #7 · p.3585 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

My very brief and limited experience with doing this in Photoshop says that the pen tool is my favorite. Takes me forever, but I love the results.

On an unrelated note, the last of my office furniture has arrived. I'm now starting to think about which images to print and hang, and unpacking more boxes of stuff. I should be fully moved in by June.

Feb 28, 2013 at 07:46 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3585 #8 · p.3585 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Marcia and I went flying this morning because, well, we wanted to go flying yesterday and it didn't work out. I wasn't expecting to shoot anything; most of the snow has melted and things look generally pretty ratty when that happens. Besides, there was a layer of high cirrus blocking the sun and the light was kinda flat. But, aging Boy Scout that I am, I took the D800 with the 24-70 and the CP, anyway.

I'm glad I did, if only for this: Red Rocks Amphitheater, a 9500-seat venue for outdoor concerts west of Denver. Stereo-X pair, for those who can free view these things.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Rocks_Amphitheatre

Feb 28, 2013 at 07:50 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3585 #9 · p.3585 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Guys, hug your wives an extra time or two today and tell them what they mean to you. I went to shore a good friend up this morning as he buried the love of his life. She's in Christ's arms, but he's going to be hurting until they are together again. It was especially poignant, because their relationship was like the one Sheila and I have, they were inseparable. Rosemary was 78 and they had a wonderful life together, still the loss is palpable.

Feb 28, 2013 at 09:12 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3585 #10 · p.3585 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Off now to shoot the mundane, clothed in mostly dormant landscape. Maybe dusk will help. Much as I like the work, the lingering question is, " why do folks ask you to shoot crud?" In situations like this, you have to ask the modified question, "do I want the invoice, or not?!" The answer is the same......"Yup!"

Feb 28, 2013 at 09:15 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

astrobrian
• • •
p.3585 #11 · p.3585 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn Watson wrote:
Thanks so much for the comments and critique - please never hold back on account of hurting my feelings, you wont. Those are all very great points and its funny after reading them they seem sorta obvious. but trust me they never entered my mind! I'm terrible at directing models on what to do and how to pose - i find myself standing there waiting to shoot while they're standing there looking at me waiting for to tell them how to be.

But JW's post pretty much summed it up, and add to the fact it was a high
...Show more

The lighting seemed spot on for my taste. The only other additional idea I would have there is perhaps a fill light behind the car, but not even sure if it would enhance the image or blow out the highlights.

The few times I have attempted to direct people, I had the same issue

Feb 28, 2013 at 09:18 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3585 #12 · p.3585 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

We have a special guest in town this weekend...

Feb 28, 2013 at 10:41 PM
MMcGrath
• • • •
p.3585 #13 · p.3585 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Feb 28, 2013 at 11:01 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.3585 #14 · p.3585 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Looking forward to seeing her in June.

FlyingPhotog wrote:

http://crosswindimages.com/img/s8/v84/p1456065062.jpg

http://crosswindimages.com/img/s8/v75/p1456089626.jpg

Feb 28, 2013 at 11:56 PM
astrobrian
• • •
p.3585 #15 · p.3585 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Was in a B&W mood with a sunset I just had. Love the depth I got with it Soon I will have new aircraft shots to show as well.

Mar 01, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Leftcoast_Mike

p.3585 #16 · p.3585 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

FlyingPhotog wrote:

now there's a bird I'd love to see!

here's a composite from this past summer. They seem to be the majority of my rainy day efforts lately.

Mar 01, 2013 at 12:07 AM
ELinder
• •
p.3585 #17 · p.3585 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

That's a cool idea. I like it.

Erich

Mar 01, 2013 at 02:26 AM
Wrei
• • • •
p.3585 #18 · p.3585 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Great composite Mike! I was confused with the "Mig" call sign until I saw his name which led me to this:

http://www.rcaf-arc.forces.gc.ca/v2/nr-sp/index-eng.asp?id=2622

Mar 01, 2013 at 02:35 AM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.3585 #19 · p.3585 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Guys, hug your wives an extra time or two today and tell them what they mean to you.

Loud and clear, sir... headed that way right now.

Mar 01, 2013 at 02:38 AM
Razor17
• •
p.3585 #20 · p.3585 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Guys, hug your wives an extra time or two today and tell them what they mean to you. I went to shore a good friend up this morning as he buried the love of his life. She's in Christ's arms, but he's going to be hurting until they are together again. It was especially poignant, because their relationship was like the one Sheila and I have, they were inseparable. Rosemary was 78 and they had a wonderful life together, still the loss is palpable.

Kinda like the last line in Jimmy Doolittle's book, I could never be so lucky again...

Lynn

Mar 01, 2013 at 03:00 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password