FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3571      
       3573              4531       4532       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Kingfishphoto
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3572 #1 · p.3572 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Several today at the Copperstate fly-in at Casa Grande. Met member Yip-Dog from Mesa. Sorry no prop-cicles kids.
Harry Palmer

Fly Navy .

Yakd-oops .

Low pass - Goon .

Holga does Ryan PT-22 .

Passing by .

Oct 27, 2013 at 01:17 AM
astrobrian
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3572 #2 · p.3572 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Steve, that is some fine piece of Mother Earth you got in front of your eye there.

Oct 27, 2013 at 02:04 AM
Jurgen Radier
• • •
p.3572 #3 · p.3572 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks Steve, thanks Jim!

stevez wrote:
Yes, that's a Tost tow release: the Remos is certified to tow gliders up to 1500lb GW. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find an insurance company who will cover me for glider towing, even occasionally.

Aww that is a bummer. Is it a case of 'two planes connected, that must be scary so let's not insure it' or do they have a good reasoning?

Oct 27, 2013 at 12:03 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3572 #4 · p.3572 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

It's the fact that I'm not trying to obtain commercial insurance for towing, which is readily available, for a price. In this country, glider towing by a private aircraft not for hire is unheard of (clubs are a different kettle of fish), so no insurance company is willing to write the risk.

Jurgen Radier wrote:
Thanks Steve, thanks Jim!

Aww that is a bummer. Is it a case of 'two planes connected, that must be scary so let's not insure it' or do they have a good reasoning?

Edited on Oct 27, 2013 at 01:01 PM · View previous versions

Oct 27, 2013 at 12:59 PM
MMcGrath
• • • •
p.3572 #5 · p.3572 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Quick edit from the Tsuiki airshow today.

Oct 27, 2013 at 01:01 PM
Jeff W.
• • • •
p.3572 #6 · p.3572 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
And now for something completely different: Marcia and I went for a drive in the Rockies today to take advantage of what could be the last of the nice fall weather. Stopped in Silverthorne to plug the Tesla into the Supercharger to add some range; brought the dog along for moral support; crossed the Divide four times; took some photos with the new OMD EM-1. A fabulous day.

Here's one of the aforementioned photos...

Gorgeous landscape Steve. Did you do much post processing on this particular image or is this the 'native' rendering of the OMD EM-1/lens combo?

Oct 27, 2013 at 01:32 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3572 #7 · p.3572 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jeff W. wrote:
Gorgeous landscape Steve. Did you do much post processing on this particular image or is this the 'native' rendering of the OMD EM-1/lens combo?

Thanks, Jeff. The earlier posting is a 3-frame HDR (-2, 0, +2) rendered in Photomatix. Here's a single-frame version, tweaked in LR5 from the RAW file. You choose...

Oct 27, 2013 at 03:23 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3572 #8 · p.3572 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Ever stop to think about how blessed we are to have this passion for the still image? Aside from the pure joy of constantly visually composing and capturing, consider not only the joy photography brings to our own lives, but more importantly to the lives of those around us.

This week alone my cameras allowed me to capture a beautiful residence, spend Friday night and yesterday at Texas A&M with friends, my favorite T-38, and the Governor of The Lone Star. Zipped back to Dallas to preserve a few precious moments, now off to the East Coast for an Annual Report.

As I wove my way through the beautiful rural Texas countryside yesterday afternoon, I was awash with gratitude for what photography has brought to my life. I feel similar emotions when I look around the hangar on HQ Thursday, there would be much missing from our lives were it not for our love of photography.

Oct 27, 2013 at 04:17 PM
Jeff W.
• • • •
p.3572 #9 · p.3572 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Go4Long wrote:
I don't care what anyone says...I like the F-35.

Great shot.

Thanks Steven, here is another angle

Oct 27, 2013 at 04:37 PM
Jeff W.
• • • •
p.3572 #10 · p.3572 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
Thanks, Jeff. The earlier posting is a 3-frame HDR (-2, 0, +2) rendered in Photomatix. Here's a single-frame version, tweaked in LR5 from the RAW file. You choose...

That is a hard call for me Steve, both are terrific. On my monitor, it does seem like this camera/lens combo renders the image with a touch more contrast compared to your Canon/Nikon images. Reminds me of photographs I've seen from fellow Canon shooters that use Zeiss lenses. Regardless, I really like how the OMD EM-1 works in your hands. Come to think of it, I like how most any camera works in your hands. Talent over shines the equipment every time

Oct 27, 2013 at 04:43 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Wrei
• • • •
p.3572 #11 · p.3572 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Talking about the "joy of photography"...
At a birthday party yesterday; the camera allows us to capture those fun moments that tell the story quicker than words. "I don't like pizza!"

Edited on Oct 27, 2013 at 06:28 PM · View previous versions

Oct 27, 2013 at 04:52 PM
Jeff W.
• • • •
p.3572 #12 · p.3572 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Ever stop to think about how blessed we are to have this passion for the still image?

Photography has been a part of my life since the day I was born. I am blessed more than I deserve by the associations and experiences that have come to me through photography. Even through my hippy years, photography kept me and my father good friends.

Now that dad is getting closer to 90 than 80, we often spend Sunday evenings searching through a stack of 8x10's that were printed 40, 50, or (in a few cases) 60 years ago. Besides the literal tactile/emotional enjoyment I get from holding prints and looking at them while sitting in a comfortable chair, this little exercise has given my dad a window back into his life and family that would have otherwise been lost. There is no medicine the doctors can prescribe my father that salves his aging mind like these old photographs.

Oct 27, 2013 at 04:55 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3572 #13 · p.3572 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Oct 27, 2013 at 05:18 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3572 #14 · p.3572 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jim and Jeff, thank you for your thoughtful musings on the place still photography has played in your lives. For my part, I can't imagine life without photography any more than you can, for a variety of reasons, many of them right here on MA2A.

Oct 27, 2013 at 05:25 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3572 #15 · p.3572 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Possible cause for the loss of Galveston Gal, a bird strike through the windshield, incapacitating the pilot, resulting in a shallow but rapid spiral to the water.

Oct 27, 2013 at 06:20 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3572 #16 · p.3572 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Right back at Ya Zim!

Funny, there were at least six people on the photographic team for this wedding, and they actually had reasonably decent equipment. They were kids, but I can't judge anymore because young adults look younger every day to me. They appeared to have a grasp of the art, but I couldn't help but think they wouldn't have had the chops to tackle a wedding of that magnitude without the immediate feedback of digital.

Interestingly, with all six running around, when I shot this series, there was not a single one anywhere close to this vantage point, the best one as far as I could tell.............

Oct 27, 2013 at 06:28 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3572 #17 · p.3572 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Very beautiful wedding photo's Jim

And a sad loss of the P51

Oct 27, 2013 at 06:30 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3572 #18 · p.3572 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

No one anywhere in close to capture this split second either...........

Oct 27, 2013 at 06:32 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3572 #19 · p.3572 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Not that I have any intention of ever shooting a wedding!

Oct 27, 2013 at 06:33 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3572 #20 · p.3572 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

You know it Jim on time on target

2 Trying to capture a fast jet with the live view function got it in the frame but that was the only thing that was good

Edited on Oct 27, 2013 at 07:32 PM · View previous versions

Oct 27, 2013 at 06:43 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password