Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3564      
       3566              4277       4278       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3565 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks Kev! I might zip over for that Yuma show, depending upon what my shooting schedule looks like. Keep me posted.

Feb 17, 2013 at 06:11 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3565 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

When legal complexities are knocking at your door...."Whoyagonnacall?"..............JR!

Feb 17, 2013 at 06:25 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3565 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Somebody's gonna get a whippin'........................

Feb 17, 2013 at 06:27 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3565 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Check Six!

Feb 17, 2013 at 06:30 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3565 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Father & son Saturday morning formation................

Feb 17, 2013 at 06:45 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3565 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

"Wastin' Away in........................"

Feb 17, 2013 at 06:51 PM
cbrandt
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3565 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Go4Long wrote:
1) I'd imagine someone is more of an expert than me on this topic, but I would assume that that speed brake door is linked to the lift fan doors.

2) Other than the fact that the carrier deck is still a moving target... but from what I've read being quoted from test pilots the F-35 is actually quite easy to handle in its vertical landing configuration.

........................ Yeah I'm thinking that the AC Carrier could move right out from under this plane if he hangs to long ........ once they commit and hit that deck, it really looks hard but it doesn't bounce any tires off the deck .. but for sure that front wheel assemble does take quite a shock / bend .. Amazing that top fan cover doesn't just go zingggggggg on take off .... being Airdale Navy but never on a carrier .. looked like for this AC a crewman stood near the end of the * runway * to show it more clearly ..........

Thanks for posting CD !! and welcome ........

Feb 17, 2013 at 07:21 PM
msalvetti
• • • •
p.3565 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

futurshox wrote:
Two things come to mind watching these carrier activities.
1) How do they get enough takeoff speed with that bloody great airbrake hanging upside the fuselage?
2) Much as I admire the technological achievements of all this, does anyone else find that landing on a carrier while hovering seems a little like cheating?!

I did a little digging - the F-35B carrier landings are on an amphibious assault ship the Marines use (the video was taken on the USS Wasp). Just like the Harriers.

There's also an F-35C carrier variant with no vertical takeoff and landing capability. It will be launched and recovered like the F-18's are now. Although Googling around it looks like they've been having trouble catching arrestor cables with the tail hook. Apparently the hook might be too close the the landing gear.

Lockheed is working on a fix: http://www.aviationweek.com/Article.aspx?id=/article-xml/awx_09_19_2012_p0-497526.xml

Mark

Feb 17, 2013 at 07:43 PM
ELinder
• •
p.3565 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Why is visible vapor so cool in any form?

Erich

ELinder 2012

Feb 17, 2013 at 08:13 PM
R.Reijne
• • •
p.3565 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Thanks Kev! I might zip over for that Yuma show, depending upon what my shooting schedule looks like. Keep me posted.

I will also be there, (hope it will not be cancelled..)
would be nice to finally meet you Jim!

Roel.

Feb 17, 2013 at 09:31 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Go4Long
• • •
p.3565 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

msalvetti wrote:
I did a little digging - the F-35B carrier landings are on an amphibious assault ship the Marines use (the video was taken on the USS Wasp). Just like the Harriers.

There's also an F-35C carrier variant with no vertical takeoff and landing capability. It will be launched and recovered like the F-18's are now. Although Googling around it looks like they've been having trouble catching arrestor cables with the tail hook. Apparently the hook might be too close the the landing gear.

Lockheed is working on a fix: http://www.aviationweek.com/Article.aspx?id=/article-xml/awx_09_19_2012_p0-497526.xml

Mark

They made arrested landings with about a 60% success rate at the tail end of last year, with the 40% being attributed to the pilot landing to long.

Feb 17, 2013 at 09:33 PM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.3565 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

KJindaUK wrote:
HQs looking sweet Jim!

Anyone heading to the MCAS Yuma Air Show next month. if it happens obviously!

Kev

Hey Kev - I'm shooting a 10K race for the PAO at NAF El Centro on the 9th, so the actual air show at Yuma is out for me. That being said, I am planning on spending part of Friday shooting air show arrivals and practice at Yuma; then off to NAFEC. If the Yuma air show actually happens, I'd be happy to meet you and shoot said arrivals/practice - send me a PM if interested and we can coordinate further.

Feb 17, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.3565 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

ELinder wrote:
Why is visible vapor so cool in any form?

Erich

Erich - I think you photo of Fat Albert is very nice. The prop vapor is very cool and enhances your image. Great catch sir.

Feb 17, 2013 at 10:20 PM
MMcGrath
• • • •
p.3565 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Boeing 777-300, probably the best looking airliner in production today.

Feb 17, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Angry
• • •
p.3565 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
I better get busy on the approval prints for Al, that process could take some time.

Hey Al, you guys have a Nestle product that's made in your neck of the woods called "Violet Crumble". They might as well be crack cocaine. They used to be sold in the US, but for some reason they aren't any more. I'm telling you, a case of those, (and I'll pay for them), could put someone in very good stead around HQ!

The polished Mustang accent, well stay tuned.

Violet crumbles !!!, Its taken me years of Rehab to ween off those things......ROFL...
Jim,...not that I'd want to influence you in any way,....but how many cases would you like
We got a few othwers too down here, made by a great Choclate company, called Cadburys,....sadly no longer Aussie owned...so good you guys bought it , ...

Now I know your weekness,...I will ehlp you in any way I can,.....
Violet Crumble,.Violet Crumble,.Violet Crumble, Violet Crumble..

Got some Rodeo shots for you guys later this week, just for something different....
I missed out onm a Double Spitfire fly at Temora on the weekened ,..damn it !! The only two flying Spitties in Australia & they're only 80 miles from here...

Al

Feb 17, 2013 at 10:47 PM
ELinder
• •
p.3565 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks Jeff.

A Lockheed F-80C Shooting Star. I threw a boatload of filters and processing at this one. Not sure about it, but on the other hand there's only so much you can do with museum shots.

Erich

ELinder 2012

Feb 17, 2013 at 10:57 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3565 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

L-10-N "Growlers"

Feb 17, 2013 at 11:09 PM
MMcGrath
• • • •
p.3565 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Another 777-300.

Feb 17, 2013 at 11:13 PM
MMcGrath
• • • •
p.3565 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Heads up for the Gopro owners on the thread:

Using the built in wi-fi drains the battery pretty quickly.

Feb 17, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Tim Adams
• • • •
p.3565 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

2012 in review,
http://www.timadamsphotography.com/tim_adams_motorsports_and_avia239.htm

Feb 18, 2013 at 12:37 AM
       3566              4277       4278       end

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell