Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3563      
       3565              4378       4379       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jeff W.
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3564 #1 · p.3564 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Here us a photo of the 2nd F-35B arriving at MCAS Yuma. Once it was stopped under its cover and after it was chalked, it went thought this "venting" process. Not quite sure why, but it was blowing a ton of air in several different directions. How much of this is used on V/STOL landings and or takeoffs is something I'm unsure of. The three F-35B's at MCAS Yuma are currently grounded and not authorized to perform V/STOL maneuvers.

Feb 17, 2013 at 03:13 AM
astrobrian
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3564 #2 · p.3564 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

On the ground, but got my first lightning bolt with the disc

Feb 17, 2013 at 03:47 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3564 #3 · p.3564 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks everyone. I'm very pleased with the results. The atmosphere in the office is exactly what I was trying to achieve, but you never know for sure if you'll nail it. Friday afternoon I mounted the prop on the wall, put books on the shelves, tweaked the lights, put a little Clapton on, sat down and soaked it all in.

Lady Jo, I think a couple of frosted pints would look pretty good on that table in the corner.

The beautiful thing is, it doesn't matter if it's 105 or 35 out on the ramp, I can put the hangar door down, light up HQ and work uninterrupted in a relaxing environment. Clients love it, whether they are aviation related or not. There's still a few finishing touches that I need to find, but they have to be things that just strike me, so it'll take time and that's part of the fun and character of the place.

I think putting a polished Mustang out in front would just cap the whole thing off very nicely.

Feb 17, 2013 at 03:56 AM
Go4Long
• • •
p.3564 #4 · p.3564 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jeff W. wrote:
Here us a photo of the 2nd F-35B arriving at MCAS Yuma. Once it was stopped under its cover and after it was chalked, it went thought this "venting" process. Not quite sure why, but it was blowing a ton of air in several different directions. How much of this is used on V/STOL landings and or takeoffs is something I'm unsure of. The three F-35B's at MCAS Yuma are currently grounded and not authorized to perform V/STOL maneuvers.

I'm sure you knew why already...but for background for the other readers, details on the current grounding:

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/f-35b-grounded-after-fueldraulic-line-failure-381264/

apparently should be back on the go next week:
http://www.yumasun.com/news/air-85250-flight-35b.html

Feb 17, 2013 at 04:14 AM
astrobrian
• • •
p.3564 #5 · p.3564 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks for that, I had not heard anything about them even being grounded.

Feb 17, 2013 at 04:32 AM
Go4Long
• • •
p.3564 #6 · p.3564 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

It's a part that they were essentially told was going to fail before the grounding ever happened sadly enough. They made some changes to the design in order to save 9lbs...lol

On another note, I would imagine the venting that Mr W. is describing is most likely them trying to vent some of the heat out of the lift fan/related assembly. They were at one point having issues with stress fractures.

Feb 17, 2013 at 04:36 AM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3564 #7 · p.3564 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Maybe you have plans for farther down the pike Jim, but I notice you don't really have much imagery on the walls.

Since you have clients in, perhaps six or eight of your very best across all genres might be in order?

Feb 17, 2013 at 06:54 AM
Go4Long
• • •
p.3564 #8 · p.3564 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

You don't think the walls of the Hangar have that pretty much covered Steve3?

Feb 17, 2013 at 08:31 AM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3564 #9 · p.3564 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Go4Long wrote:
You don't think the walls of the Hangar have that pretty much covered Steve3?

There's phenomenal stuff on the hangar walls but, well, it's on the hangar walls and not gracing the office.

Feb 17, 2013 at 09:11 AM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3564 #10 · p.3564 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

just saw on Internet oceana show also on the list for cancellation

Daily News

Feb 17, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3564 #11 · p.3564 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Go4Long wrote:
It's a part that they were essentially told was going to fail before the grounding ever happened sadly enough. They made some changes to the design in order to save 9lbs...lol

On another note, I would imagine the venting that Mr W. is describing is most likely them trying to vent some of the heat out of the lift fan/related assembly. They were at one point having issues with stress fractures.

In the Udvar-Hazy Center at Dulles they have an F-35 powerplant on display, including all the lift fan bits and vectored thrust nozzles. It's sitting next to an F-35 airframe, and the striking thing is just how much of the airframe's volume is taken up by the powerplant. It feels like there's hardly any room left over for fuel and and a pilot, much less avionics and ordinance. I have a photo I'll post when it's not 3:30 in the morning...

Feb 17, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3564 #12 · p.3564 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

MMcGrath wrote:
Few pages back, I mentioned using a modified RTL1090 USB TV receiver as an ADS-B receiver.

If anyone is interested, the information on how to do this can be found here:

http://www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=71933

Hey have the system working the reach is very good the most part of the Benelux country's

Here is UEA1 a A380 from Dubai to Heathrow flying at FL 350 right over my apartment

Can see the military flights but they don't show on the map

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV    EF400mm f/5.6L USM +1.4x lens    560mm    f/13.0    1/100s    50 ISO    -0.3 EV  

Feb 17, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Angry
• • •
p.3564 #13 · p.3564 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jim " I think putting a polished Mustang out in front would just cap the whole thing off very nicely".

You sir are a master of Understatement......lol

Al

Feb 17, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Angry
• • •
p.3564 #14 · p.3564 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Maybe you have plans for farther down the pike Jim, but I notice you don't really have much imagery on the walls.

Since you have clients in, perhaps six or eight of your very best across all genres might be in order?

Great idea ,....but better crate em & send em to me first to ensure they're "Office friendly".....
I'll offer to try em out for say 6 months to ensure they get on together,... then ( eventually) ship em back.......No

Al

Feb 17, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Angry
• • •
p.3564 #15 · p.3564 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jan-Arie wrote:
Here is UEA1 a A380 from Dubai to Heathrow flying at FL 350 right over my apartment

Goin on one in April to Dubai for a conference for a few days,.....sneaking with my 1D4 & a few lenses to shoot something.....cant wait...

Al

Feb 17, 2013 at 11:32 AM
KJindaUK
• • •
p.3564 #16 · p.3564 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

HQs looking sweet Jim!

Anyone heading to the MCAS Yuma Air Show next month. if it happens obviously!

Kev

Feb 17, 2013 at 03:12 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3564 #17 · p.3564 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Good Morning Zim,

3:30 huh? We're on similar schedules. I've considered that, but I'm running out of wall space and I don't want it to get too cluttered. Thinking about putting the 40" B&W Talon print out in the hangar gallery and doing a big print of Ouray Aspens in the bathroom. I've commissioned a B25 panel for a spot on the wall, should be ready in a few months.

From here on out it's just little stuff here and there to round it out. Not one to be sans multiple projects, I've been thinking about framing the second floor. The 2x6's are already laying up there. If I put the bipe back together, most of what is stored up top would be gone. One of my clients makes those cool holographic fireplaces and I can get them for "reasonable". Been thinking about how cool the second floor could be with the balcony I designed into it when I laid out the foot print. The balcony will be accessed through a french door like the downstairs, but it will be a triple panel, probably a slider, or maybe just a french door that opens inward.

The HVAC is all set up for a zoned second floor, so that's done. Sure will miss my construction partner on phase II though. What fun we had making fun of ourselves as we figured all that stuff out. People would drop by just to see what the comedy skit of the day was, we'd have them doubled up with laughter before they left.

Feb 17, 2013 at 05:48 PM
tom cardin
• • •
p.3564 #18 · p.3564 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Boy, Jim, that is an office to be proud of. Those chairs are so inviting.The decoration is well done but not overdone.
Thanks for the visit..

Tom

Feb 17, 2013 at 05:52 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3564 #19 · p.3564 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I better get busy on the approval prints for Al, that process could take some time.

Hey Al, you guys have a Nestle product that's made in your neck of the woods called "Violet Crumble". They might as well be crack cocaine. They used to be sold in the US, but for some reason they aren't any more. I'm telling you, a case of those, (and I'll pay for them), could put someone in very good stead around HQ!

The polished Mustang accent, well stay tuned.

Feb 17, 2013 at 05:58 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3564 #20 · p.3564 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks Tom, it's a warm and inviting space for sure. I feel blessed to be able to call it my second home. There were times during the process that I thought I might be calling it my first home! My little Sheila is a sweet and understanding women. I kind of figured once I got her past the three aircraft hump, anything else would be a piece of cake.

Feb 17, 2013 at 06:01 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password