Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3545      
       3547              4345       4346       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

astrobrian
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3546 #1 · p.3546 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Did you try "EDIT -> AUTO BLEND" for the layers and then choose "STACKED" as the arrangement?

Trying now, thanks Jay.
Edit: Tried both with and without seamless tones, not quite there. With it, it made the plane quite dark, without was normal color but with even less gear related material showing.

Feb 05, 2013 at 10:34 PM
waterflyboy22
• • •
p.3546 #2 · p.3546 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

#1. Glenn, you're killing it. So impressed with what you've done! In-n-out on me next time we meet.

#2. Bummed about Doolittle as well. I was reworking my April to get there, and as a bonus my dads beach place close enough to allow 6 of us free lodging.

#3. WOOHOO! The F-22 is coming to Stuart?!!! That's a 15 minute drive for me! Now I must find out where they are staging from and hope that it's local as well. I anticipate a meeting of the S FLA MA2A contingent at this show. Rodolfo, Andrew, are you in?

Feb 05, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Leviathor
• •
p.3546 #3 · p.3546 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

astrobrian wrote:
Ok, I thought I knew photoshop, up until I tried a project from today. Cranial drywall fusion has ensued. I have about 15 images for each of today's gear swings with Devil Dog on stands today. I am trying to combine the images to show the swing, but not having to go layer by layer with an erase tool. Jay, or anyone else in the know got any ideas? I am on CS6 if that helps, and tried a pano stitch program and a star stacker program as well, no luck. Here is a shot of the first attempt of
...Show more

This might be best done by hand, and while it would be layer-by-layer, it shouldn't be as tedious as it sounds.

With all the images on their own layers with normal blending simply mask all of the layer (black) and paint in the parts [gear] you want with white in that mask. I'm not so skilled with the pen tool, but that ought to make short work of it. My attempt would be with a combination of lasso and magic wand.

After getting one done, you might even be able to take that shape and put it on its own layer, filling it with white, then copy-paste that shape into the other layers and use rotate and transform to ballpark the gear in the successive layers. This might _not_ work out as nicely as I imagine it in my head.

Feb 05, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Go4Long
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3546 #4 · p.3546 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I get to see the F-22 twice next year Abbotsford and Fort Worth

Feb 05, 2013 at 11:34 PM
astrobrian
• • •
p.3546 #5 · p.3546 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks Leviathor, the lasso works somewhat better but still a slow go. Looking like its layer by layer though. Filed under the never know til ya try it folder

Feb 06, 2013 at 12:08 AM
yipDog
• •
p.3546 #6 · p.3546 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

astrobrian wrote:
Getting the original files into one isn't so much the issue as having the gear seen equally from multiple layers, that's what seems harder than it needs to be. Also that there are 3, not just the nose gear. For reference this is the image that gave me the idea to work from on this. A gif may have to suffice though. Thanks for the site Jo

I dealt with this very issue on two separate series. Unfortunately, the only way I could get the result I wanted was by hand. The only thing Photoshop did for me was align the layers.
Here's the results...

Stall!!

Feb 06, 2013 at 12:56 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3546 #7 · p.3546 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

cbrandt wrote:
I don't know Mr. JWilson ...... caught this on Yahoo ...... the feb 12th 2013 issue of SI was shot on 7 continents ....... who has the time for all that travel

http://news.yahoo.com/si-shoots-7-continents-swimsuit-issue-174009767.html

You're right Curtis, I'm out on that! Sheila said that was way too much travel..............even for a newly single guy!

Feb 06, 2013 at 01:22 AM
Kingfishphoto
• • • • •
p.3546 #8 · p.3546 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JW - iam a newly single guy, not by choice. My wife of 57 years, lost her battle with cancer on Jan. 26th. Ill be returning to the Phoenix aera where i lived for 28 years and retired at Williams AFB. I guess ill look forward to meeting some of the Zonies on M2A.
Take care
Harry Palmer

Feb 06, 2013 at 01:31 AM
Wrei
• • • •
p.3546 #9 · p.3546 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Harry, I'm so sorry for you losing your wife to cancer. God bless you.

Feb 06, 2013 at 01:38 AM
DanNehmer
• •
p.3546 #10 · p.3546 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Harry, very sorry for your loss. 57 years, I can only imagine the whole that has opened in your life. May God bless in the coming months.

Sincerely,
Dan

Feb 06, 2013 at 01:47 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

carrg1954
• • •
p.3546 #11 · p.3546 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Harry
sorry for your loss regards

Feb 06, 2013 at 02:13 AM
futurshox
• • • •
p.3546 #12 · p.3546 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Harry, I am very sorry for your loss. You take care too.

Feb 06, 2013 at 02:20 AM
astrobrian
• • •
p.3546 #13 · p.3546 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

57 years, wow, so sorry for your loss Harry

Feb 06, 2013 at 02:30 AM
astrobrian
• • •
p.3546 #14 · p.3546 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Yipdog: yup that is what I am seeing too, you did great on those. My biggest issue doing the by hand approach is that the mains and nose gear vary in speed, so what is equal spacing on the nose is not so for the mains. A single moving subject would be far easier. Thanks again all for the assists, I was able to make a gif with the link Lady Jo posted.

Feb 06, 2013 at 02:35 AM
DanNehmer
• •
p.3546 #15 · p.3546 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Little off our normal topic but.........

First try at a HDR photo, just down loaded Canon's latest DPP and used the new HDR options. It's of Wisconsin state capitol in Madison from the Monona Terrace. CC appreciated.

Dan

Madison WI - WI State Capitol

Feb 06, 2013 at 02:36 AM
Tim Adams
• • • •
p.3546 #16 · p.3546 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

DanNehmer wrote:
Little off our normal topic but.........

First try at a HDR photo, just down loaded Canon's latest DPP and used the new HDR options. It's of Wisconsin state capitol in Madison from the Monona Terrace. CC appreciated.

Dan

My home state, very nice.

Feb 06, 2013 at 02:41 AM
DanNehmer
• •
p.3546 #17 · p.3546 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Tim,

Mine too, born and raised in Milwaukee. Have lived in many places since!

Thanks,
Dan

Feb 06, 2013 at 02:43 AM
narasimhalu

p.3546 #18 · p.3546 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

So here is my very humble suggestion. I did the below using a very very simple trick I picked up at the University of YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb55ptsQjB4

What I found great about this is it leverages non destructive editing - namely masking. The important trick is: Av (DoF) should be the same between all images and camera on a tripod or you will have to first align the layers.

Here is the "test" I did using my daughter...

Good luck - hope I can help.

Feb 06, 2013 at 02:43 AM
astrobrian
• • •
p.3546 #19 · p.3546 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

narasimhalu wrote:
So here is my very humble suggestion. I did the below using a very very simple trick I picked up at the University of YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb55ptsQjB4

What I found great about this is it leverages non destructive editing - namely masking. The important trick is: Av (DoF) should be the same between all images and camera on a tripod or you will have to first align the layers.

Here is the "test" I did using my daughter...

Good luck - hope I can help.

Will certainly have a look thanks.

Feb 06, 2013 at 03:04 AM
astrobrian
• • •
p.3546 #20 · p.3546 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

While waiting for the gear swing today, a King strolled by.

Feb 06, 2013 at 03:05 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password