Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3527      
       3529              4347       4348       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jan-Arie
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3528 #1 · p.3528 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Tim Adams wrote:
I did not want to post the pic in full because it is not mine. It was taken by Chuck Aro.

no problem will delete my post

Jan 28, 2013 at 06:49 PM
Jon Uhler
• • • •
p.3528 #2 · p.3528 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Angry wrote:
Now that could work as I'm using the 70-200 ,..this is for Wakeboarding from the back of the tow boat...

Pics please ??

Al

I did this more as a joke....but it works with a goPro....

The Ultimate wedding rig.... by battlefloydflyer, on Flickr

You have a flash bracket laying around?

Jan 28, 2013 at 07:02 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3528 #3 · p.3528 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Electronic Longboat
VAQ-129 "Vikings"

Jan 28, 2013 at 07:07 PM
cbrandt
• • •
p.3528 #4 · p.3528 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

That Flash bracket gets heavy, I don't know how those weddin' togs carry them around all day, but I do have a Press T bracket for my Nikon which is very similar to this Flash Bracket Jon ....... also have the flash extender for the Wimberly that one could mount a camera too instead of a flash above the 600mm ........

Jan 28, 2013 at 07:08 PM
cbrandt
• • •
p.3528 #5 · p.3528 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I'm trying to remember, find photos of the jet that the CNO of the Navy flew 1971 - 1974 while I was on NAF AAFB.

Besides the pilots, he had a crew to provide food and drink .. they entered the aircraft from a fold down stairway behind the front wheel.

I'm thinking A-3 or something, but for the life of me can't find it or any planes similar to it.

N E BODY KNOW ?? Thanks Curt

Jan 28, 2013 at 07:14 PM
Jon Uhler
• • • •
p.3528 #6 · p.3528 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

cbrandt wrote:
That Flash bracket gets heavy, I don't know how those weddin' togs carry them around all day, but I do have a Press T bracket for my Nikon which is very similar to this Flash Bracket Jon ....... also have the flash extender for the Wimberly that one could mount a camera too instead of a flash above the 600mm ........

They do indeed. Sometimes I screw the bracket on to my mono-pod....helps a lot.

Jan 28, 2013 at 07:20 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3528 #7 · p.3528 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Go4Long wrote:
Got it. Challenger.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/CFCPI

C-FCPI if you see it. It's leaving KPBI in about 90 mins according to the flight plan they just filed.

Why does your CEO spend time in Pittsburgh? Or Minot, for that matter...Palm Beach I can understand.

Edited on Jan 28, 2013 at 08:01 PM · View previous versions

Jan 28, 2013 at 07:37 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3528 #8 · p.3528 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

900 (in) Shades Of Grey
VAQ-129 "Vikings" (non) Color Bird
NAF El Centro

Jan 28, 2013 at 07:39 PM
cbrandt
• • •
p.3528 #9 · p.3528 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I haven't caught to much comin' out of Easton, Md

This weekend the FAA came in a Beech 300, followed by a 2007 Pilatus out of NH and a 1946 Cub from Manassas, Va

Jan 28, 2013 at 07:57 PM
cbrandt
• • •
p.3528 #10 · p.3528 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
Why does your CEO spend time in Pittsburgh? Or Minot, for that matter...Palm Beach is self-evident.

WHOA WHOA .. Y NOT MINOT ......... My hometown of Rugby is just 61 miles East of Minot, ND - the closest McDonalds we have My mother still lives there and we have a lil 800 acres that we can shoot clays on

At one time they said if ND was a country by itself, we'd be the 3rd largest military power due to all the silos we have - they are decomminssioned now. I remember my dad coming home from a American Legion meeting, and saying if there was a nuclear war, his job was to direct traffic at the intersection of 2 and 3 .. never knew why folks would head East towards Grand Forks - another Giant SAC base ..... scary days of nukes and bomb shelters ....

ND is changing fast .. with the Bakken Oil fields, alot of crime we had very little is now prevalent ! The Oil fields are 120 miles away / just 2 hours from Rugby, and there isn't a kid over the age of 18 in town .. all employed burying cable in ND or in the fields. We're lucky to have a plumbing company in town, a couple of electricians, but there is a year or better wait for carpenters and cement .... they leave during the week and come home on weekends ... my brother has like a dozen lil houses he rents out and he's full -- the Man Camps in the area are like the old west .. gambiling and brawling and ladies of the eve ..... not like the good ole days for sure ....... growing up all my Uncle who owned the farm and passed it along to us kids wanted was a gravel pit to make life a bit easier ......

Jan 28, 2013 at 08:16 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3528 #11 · p.3528 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JR and his partners were asked to come to ND to do salt water recovery wells. The ROI is unimaginable, they would have made millions, on top of the millions they are making here. They passed for all the reasons you just mentioned. I guess if you can make hundreds of millions in your back yard, why would you go anywhere else anyway.

Jan 28, 2013 at 08:32 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3528 #12 · p.3528 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

ND is still benefiting in other ways though...

Huge cash influx right now along with major brain-power growth. The downsides are unfortunate, but if managed correctly, the upsides will make ND very strong for a very long time.

Poke The Nest? Please Do...

Jan 28, 2013 at 08:43 PM
Go4Long
• • •
p.3528 #13 · p.3528 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
Why does your CEO spend time in Pittsburgh? Or Minot, for that matter...Palm Beach I can understand.

Not sure on Pittsburgh to be honest...he has been known to make side trips. Minot is because we do quite a bit of business in Minot.

Jan 28, 2013 at 09:02 PM
cbrandt
• • •
p.3528 #14 · p.3528 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Minot is a bustlin' little city .. I'd have to check again .. but I do believe ND was one of the states that was and probably still is financially sound .. due to the Bank of ND .. not oil ..........

I believe ND is strong now .. I'd guess I'm one of those who'd prefer NO GROWTH due to the oil .. I for one don't believe the truth is being told about fracking .. that the long term effects are not known, that you can't pump millions of gallons into the ground and not contaminate the aquifers and home wells that provide drinking water to the population and livestock. There may also be something said about increased earthquake activity in some areas of the country due to fracking also ..

How long they'll continue to pump oil in ND is unknown .. it's been done before right across the border in Montana and in 5 years, they shut it down ......... left pumps running next to 1000 gallon tanks just to keep the wells open .. and just like what happens when big business like this comes in so fast .. no place to stay, no emergency services, no schools or infrastructure ........ cities build up and poof .. big oil leaves and the towns then have all this stuff started or in place and no means of supporting it .. money talks and the hell with the good cities we once had .. every week some poor guy who was just hanging on becomes a millionaire, and I'm fine with their luck, but at what expense to the other families ..

In Minot .. companies from california bought entire apartment complexes for what they'd have to pay as a down payment out West or East .. then they gave the tenants that lived in them 30 day letters that their rent was triplin' .. these tenants weren't working in oil or even gettin' any benefit from the oil .. they still had their jobs at cenex, ace hardware, the local diner at the same ole 28,000 a year if they're lucky income ..... no way could they afford these increases but the city says they can do nothing, it.s all legal and the new complex owners said if you can't pay it, the oil people can .............

I don't have a lot of good to say about what's happening in ND in regards to oil ... those makin' it better be savin' it .. cuz it's come and gone before .. but the destruction is usually worse than the benefit to the area ........ Only way it affects us in rugby, my brother has to wait to have a concrete apron poured in front of the 3 car garage / family entertainment center he had built a couple of years ago .. we rent the land out and he works in town at the local JD dealership as a partsman. He eeks out a living with the rent which us kids get a buck or two from and he's got work in town to pay his family insurance so life is really pretty good.

Jan 28, 2013 at 09:41 PM
Leviathor
• •
p.3528 #15 · p.3528 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

FlyingPhotog wrote:
ND is still benefiting in other ways though...

Huge cash influx right now along with major brain-power growth. The downsides are unfortunate, but if managed correctly, the upsides will make ND very strong for a very long time.

Really? Where is it? ND is getting screwed by oil. ND retains less than 5% of the money coming out of those wells. I can tell you the university I work for isn't seeing any money from that oil. The roads aren't benefiting at all. Hm. The air isn't cleaner, that's for sure. Neither is the water. The light pollution is atrocious. People are being displaced because the rent has gone up by 500% or more.

Brain power? Please. People raping women and people raping the earth. That's all they know how to do.

The Fargo Jet Center is opening a Jet Center in Williston. It'll be great to have a fully-functional FBO in western ND, but in five years when all the crickets are set up and pumping and no prospecting or big acquisitions have to be done you think the barons that fly the aircraft that need those types of services are going to spend more than zero, zilch, nil time in ND? Absolutely not. It's a big flat spread of shit. Considering the ancient seas and glacial Lake Agassiz, you may take that literally.

Last year's $1.8bn in "profits" caused immeasurable detriment to the natural resources and infrastructure in western ND. It's appalling. I won't even travel to Teddy Roosevelt NP any more.

Jan 28, 2013 at 09:49 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3528 #16 · p.3528 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

So you guys are saying the media got it all wrong?

Huh...

<Head Scratch>

Jan 28, 2013 at 09:56 PM
Go4Long
• • •
p.3528 #17 · p.3528 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

if we were keeping score, iI think leviathathor came down in the against the oil business column.

Jan 28, 2013 at 09:59 PM
Leviathor
• •
p.3528 #18 · p.3528 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jan 28, 2013 at 10:04 PM
david russell
• • •
p.3528 #19 · p.3528 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Al, maybe something like this?

http://www.adorama.com/FABC.html

I've had success with a flip video camera mounted on top of my camera with this little thing. I image that it would work with a hero tripod mount as well.

http://www.lightinthebox.com/camera-1-4-tripod-screw-to-flash-shoe-mount.b-adapter_p273157.html

Jan 28, 2013 at 10:40 PM
MMcGrath
• • • •
p.3528 #20 · p.3528 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

2.5 weeks till I get my Gopro 3 Black edition in my hands.

This is the sort of stuff that I want to do with it - timelapsing flights.

http://www.getawaymoments.com/2010/07/how-did-i-get-that-gopro-flying-time.html?m=1

I've ordered the spare battery, but having read the thread I may have been better getting the battery back pack.

Mark

Jan 28, 2013 at 10:57 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password