Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3480      
       3482              4248       4249       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

RobMoser
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3481 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Rainy and gloomy this morning in Dallas so naturally I'm editing some rainy pictures from earlier this year.

Rob

Dec 31, 2012 at 07:58 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3481 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Nice Rob! Awesome Vapor!!

Dec 31, 2012 at 08:17 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3481 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Very Steep Learning Curve...

Dec 31, 2012 at 08:20 PM
Tim Adams
• • • •
p.3481 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Screwing around today. From Yosemite, tiny road side waterfall.

Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II    45mm    f/8.0    30s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Dec 31, 2012 at 08:46 PM
DanNehmer
• •
p.3481 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Happy New Year from Iowa & the Nehmers! Partly sunny and 17 deg here (Burr), so Belle said lets go chase some birds!!! She even flushed her 1st Pheasant, now daddy just needs to shoot straighter.

Dan

Let's Go Dad

And Now All Is Well!

Dec 31, 2012 at 10:22 PM
Colin Giersberg
• • • •
p.3481 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Happy New Year to one and all.

Jan 01, 2013 at 04:12 AM
bobl
• • • •
p.3481 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jan 01, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3481 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Happy New Year Everybody

Jan 01, 2013 at 01:55 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3481 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Nice one, bobl; is it yours?

Happy New Year, all! I will spend the rest of the week reorganizing my digital life around the new 27" iMac that appeared on my doorstep yesterday. The transition didn't start out too smoothly, but the initial brain transplant from my 4-year-old MacPro tower is now complete. I should receive the 3rd party memory upgrade and a new Drobo 5D tomorrow or the next day, too.

When it's all up and running I'll give you a fuller report, but right now with only 8GB of RAM and all my D800 files off on external FireWire drives communicating via a FireWire-to-Thunderbolt adapter, the speed of rendering 1:1 in LR4 is noticeably faster but not astoundingly so. That should improve markedly when the working files are resident in the onboard Fusion drive (3TB of rotating disk storage with an adjunct solid state disk of 128GB) and all 32GB of RAM are installed; we'll see about files on the Drobo, which has both an adjunct SSD as well as the purported benefits of fast disk-array access and will be connected natively via Thunderbolt.

I learned yesterday during several AppleCare calls that the new 21.5" iMacs have their RAM soldered to the motherboard and are not upgradable: the memory they're manufactured with is all they will ever have. Thankfully, the new 27" iMacs are still user-upgradable, with four DIMM slots accessible behind a cleverly-designed hatch just above the power cord.

Jan 01, 2013 at 04:11 PM
bobl
• • • •
p.3481 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

No, Steve, I did not create this. Borrowed it from a friend.

Jan 01, 2013 at 04:43 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Mrussfoto

p.3481 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Steve I have a 27 inch Imac also and with just 16gb of ram it handles my D800 files pretty fast. 32gb should be very nice. This is my first Mac so I had a little learning curve, but even the ram was easy to change out.

Jan 01, 2013 at 05:25 PM
WalterF
• •
p.3481 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

My meager attempt at airshow photography. But I am learning more hoping they get better.

Walt

Jan 01, 2013 at 05:31 PM
MMcGrath
• • • •
p.3481 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Happy New Year to all.

Jan 01, 2013 at 05:47 PM
waterflyboy22
• • •
p.3481 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hello and Happy New Year to all my MA2A family. Jack has his 10 month birthday today, so I thought I'd post a photo in honor of the occasion.

Be a light unto the world...

And an airplane picture just 'cause I should. (too bad the Brits retired them!)

Jan 01, 2013 at 06:11 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3481 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Mrussfoto wrote:
Steve I have a 27 inch Imac also and with just 16gb of ram it handles my D800 files pretty fast. 32gb should be very nice. This is my first Mac so I had a little learning curve, but even the ram was easy to change out.

Thanks for the data point. I moved a couple thousand D800 files over to the Fusion drive in the iMac and played with some of them this morning in LR4. It still takes a good long while to render 1:1 previews, but once they're resident in LR4 displaying them is lightning fast, perhaps half a second to switch from one to the next, loaded and displayed at 1:1. I'm so happy I could cry: even with pre-rendered 1:1 previews, just switching from one image to another on my old MacPro tower was an exercise in frustration. It would take literally 10 seconds just to find out if the new image was in focus or not. I did not relish performing triage on a new shoot with a few hundred images, much less one with thousands.

Jan 01, 2013 at 07:12 PM
tom cardin
• • •
p.3481 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Look at the smarts in that guy's eyes. We had one like that, and he still can look right through you.

Happy New Years Tom

Jan 01, 2013 at 07:35 PM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.3481 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
Happy New Year, all! I will spend the rest of the week reorganizing my digital life around the new 27" iMac that appeared on my doorstep yesterday. The transition didn't start out too smoothly, but the initial brain transplant from my 4-year-old MacPro tower is now complete. I should receive the 3rd party memory upgrade and a new Drobo 5D tomorrow or the next day, too.

When it's all up and running I'll give you a fuller report, but right now with only 8GB of RAM and all my D800 files off on external FireWire drives communicating via a FireWire-to-Thunderbolt adapter,
...Show more

Sir Steve: Thanks much for your ongoing reports on the new 27" iMac. Later this year I will be upgrading my system and had anticipated going with a Mac Pro tower and a NEC monitor/display. With your long experience with a Mac Pro tower, I'll be paying great attention to your comparisons and conclusions regarding the new iMac. Issues like monitor calibration, rendering speed, and your Drobo arrangement will be of great interest. Count me as very interested

Jan 01, 2013 at 08:00 PM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.3481 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

MMcGrath wrote:

Happy New Year to all.

http://www.markmcgrathphotography.co.uk/img/s8/v82/p1359210690-5.jpg

Gorgeous shot of the triple 7 Mark.

Jan 01, 2013 at 08:01 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3481 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Happy New Year Guys and Gals!

Bob, that sand sculpture is just perfection.

Zim, Can't wait for the in depth report on your new iMac.

I've spent the last several days trying to condense my digital file library, but finally gave up this morning and ordered an additional Drobo 5D. That should allow me backed up capacity for the balance of 2013 at home and HQ. It's a little scary because, due to volume, I've had to discontinue my practice of everything being burned onto DVD's as well as backed up on hard drives. It's just not practical to burn everything to DVD's anymore, I'm already swimming in them an it's only going to get worse.

Jan 01, 2013 at 08:24 PM
DanNehmer
• •
p.3481 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jim,

I'm doing this for a hobby and can't keep up on the DVD's and one external HD. I can't imagine you're logistics, especially with the D800. I just purchased an second external HD, and will keeping it off site in the safe deposit box. I'm hoping one HD on site, the computer it's self and a second HD off site should be sufficient for my purposes. Plan to swap HD's (offsite with the onsite) once a month to keep each current.

Dan

Jan 01, 2013 at 08:40 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password