Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3393      
       3395              4344       4345       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Leo Hursh
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3394 #1 · p.3394 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

N24UD....

Nov 12, 2012 at 06:07 PM
Leo Hursh
• • •
p.3394 #2 · p.3394 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Cessna VTOL....

Nov 12, 2012 at 06:13 PM
cbrandt
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3394 #3 · p.3394 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

david russell wrote:
I had a major brain fart today....managed to blow away both the working files and the backup of some staff photos that I shot for a local airport business's web page update.

Finally had a reason to try SanDisk's RescuePRO Deluxe. The CF card had been formatted twice in the 1Ds III.....and RPD recovered them all! Nice little utility that Sandisk created there.....real nice.

+1 double formatted and retrieved .. sounds like something from a cyber forensics toolbox ...

glad you were able to recover !

Nov 12, 2012 at 06:48 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3394 #4 · p.3394 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Tim Adams wrote:
I could not disagree more with Jim, but it's a free country, and this is not a political forum [...]

Nice look at Rare Bear, Tim. Really emphasizes how short the Bear's wings are; the prop diameter seems like it's half the wingspan.

I apologize in advance for leaving politics on the table, but there is another world view that deserves airing. My hope is that in giving voice to some heretofore silent members of this community (and I have no way of knowing how many there are) who feel differently from Jim and those who agree with his views, I make the point that while in any family there will inevitably be disagreements, it matters more that the members of that family respect each other and agree to disagree, when necessary.

Thus, while not in any way wishing to upset the ecology of this place, or to create a schism, I do feel a strong need to balance the scales a little. I don't expect to sway anyone into changing their long-held views, and I would emphasize that it makes little or no difference to how I feel about someone, personally, if they don't agree with my politics: I respect everyone's opinions, particularly if they are well thought out and held up to the light for re-examination, from time to time, by those who hold them.

By inclination and persuasion Iím a centrist who favors fiscal conservatism and social progressivism: these are sometimes conflicting values, as Iím sure many would point out. I come by the former quite honestly, as the child of parents who grew up during the Great Depression. The latter results from my conviction that a truly great society sinks or swims together and that some things cannot, and should not, be left to unfettered capitalism.

I am one who found the results of Tuesday's elections energizing rather than crazy-making. I say this at some personal risk, since I value Jim's friendship a great deal. I don't disagree with many of your points, Jim; in fact, we agree on a wide range of things that are important to both of us, and we will have to agree to disagree on some others. But stepping back for a minute, Republicans should take care not to grumble too much about being beaten by a superior Democratic get-out-the-vote-machine and advanced analytics (as I've heard said in public statements this past week), and instead look to their inability to put forth a viable candidate and propose a platform which appeals to the vast, centrist heart of the electorate. I believe Republicans will, sooner or later, have to face up to the fact that the U.S. of A. and its government is not and never will be again under the sole stewardship of Caucasian males of a certain socio-economic stratum. The demographics argue soundly against that view. Change is inevitable: you either learn to embrace it, or you risk marginalization.

Everyone citizen with a brain and a heart wants what's best for this great country, whether they vote Red or Blue. Elected public servants may disagree about just what that means, but we who elect them should still insist that they discuss the desired ends--and the means to achieve them--with open minds and hearts, with the goal of reaching solutions that don't leave most of the country pissed off and disengaged from the process. Unfortunately, that's not what the two-party system is built to accomplish. Rather, the system expends all its energy and great heaps of treasure to try and grab the reins of power for the benefit of a few, at the expense of the many. When out of power a party tries to discredit the ideas and thwart the aims of the opposition; whether these ideas and aims are good or bad matters not in the slightest, the battle is joined simply because they are Other. I hold both parties accountable for this sorry state of affairs.

In the end, I believe America last Tuesday voted for inclusiveness over exclusivity; for an economy that aims to provide the greatest good to the largest number of citizens; for universal healthcare as a public good; for a foreign policy long on pragmatism and short on demagoguery; and despite the economic hardships of the previous four years I believe that voters affirmed a sitting President who struggled against long odds, successfully for the most part, to keep the engine of the economy from grinding to a halt in the face of an inherited economic disaster. As a campaign message, "It could have been a lot worse" is a tough sell, but it also happens to be the truth; and a sufficient number of voters understood that message to give the current administration another four years to continue working on the issues facing the country.

For their part, as I see it, Republicans of all stripes now have an opportunity to re-tool their message to try and bring more people under the tent: more moderates, more women, more minorities, more first-generation citizens. I can think of no better way to do that than to step away from the farthest right fringes of the party, to take a couple of giant steps back toward the center, and to start _acting_ like the party of small government and individual freedom rather than the party of entrenched special interests and big money. If Republicans can do that, and stop being anti-science and anti-academia as well, I could even find myself under that tent someday.

This should be the end of political comment on this forum, as far as I'm concerned. I hope y'all won't see this as an invitation to open a public debate on the merits of either Jim's views or mine, or to add your voices to a roll call. And I certainly hope it doesn't open up a can of ugly-worms: I care about each and every person here, and MA2A is too important to me to let divisive issues like politics drive a stake through its heart, issues that have nothing to do with the reason this place exists. I'm happy to correspond, off-line, but I will not discuss politics in this forum again. I believe it's best if we limit our discussion to the non-controversial: the sharing of our best photographic efforts to capture the magic of flight. It's why Iím here and I hope you agree.

Nov 12, 2012 at 06:52 PM
cbrandt
• • •
p.3394 #5 · p.3394 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Leo Hursh wrote:

Monet, Monet, Monet, Monet, Monet... Monet!
http://hurshphoto.zenfolio.com/img/s4/v68/p1255649028-5.jpg

Very nice Leo ..... what cha have out there ?? Roseate Spoonbills ? not only the worry of a bird strike, but they've gotta be thinkin' FOD too from the looks of that runway ..

Nov 12, 2012 at 07:04 PM
MustangsX2
• •
p.3394 #6 · p.3394 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
Nice look at Rare Bear, Tim. Really emphasizes how short the Bear's wings are; the prop diameter seems like it's half the wingspan.

I apologize in advance for leaving politics on the table, but there is another world view that deserves airing. My hope is that in giving voice to some heretofore silent members of this community (and I have no way of knowing how many there are) who feel differently from Jim and those who agree with his views, I make the point that while in any family there will inevitably be disagreements, it matters more that the members of
...Show more

geez ... how about a photo instead

Nov 12, 2012 at 07:57 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3394 #7 · p.3394 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

MustangsX2 wrote:
geez ... how about a photo instead

Exactly the response I was looking for: thanks.

Nov 12, 2012 at 08:27 PM
Kingfishphoto
• • • • •
p.3394 #8 · p.3394 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

This ought to bring a smile to every members face - the true meaning of a Potty Break . Thanks SANDY
Harry Palmer

Potty Break in PA.

E-M5     LUMIX G VARIO 14-42/F3.5-5.6 lens    39mm    f/8.0    1/500s    200 ISO    -1.0 EV  

Nov 12, 2012 at 08:47 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3394 #9 · p.3394 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Dear Steve, well, that's it!!!...............Just kidding I kind of figured we viewed some issues differently, but as you pointed out, that's not the end of the world. You are one of those rare individuals whose views I know come from reasoned exploration, not knee jerk partisanship, and while we're not likely to ever agree on some of those points, it ain't going to affect how I feel about you, and I think you pretty much know that.

That being said, there are a number of things that I cannot move from the black and white column into gray areas. Not because I wouldn't like to at times, but because they are not mine to change. I hold no one else to the code that I have chosen, that is not my responsibility, nor station. By the same token, morphing what I clearly believe to be God's Word and direction, into something that more fits my wants and needs, is akin to saying 11" is a foot, because I would really like to be taller. Call me crazy, but I see a huge number of our societal ills being caused by moral relativism. Family, work ethic, abortion, fidelity, doing the difficult thing. The principles I am guided by work whether a person is a Christian or not, because they are solid principles. If one happens to be a Christian, they have additional long term benefits.

The fiscal conservatism page, well you don't have to be a wizard to do the math there. When you have a country where a very small percentage of people are tasked with supporting the balance of the population, and the debt keeps mounting under a mountain of ever increasing entitlements, it's difficult to find the silver lining. The cold hard facts are, republicans are idiots, all the talk radio analysis in the world isn't going to change what happened Tuesday, it just makes them look like bigger idiots. And, "I'm no longer going to encourage them!"

JR and I were talking the other evening and we've decided that we're going to continue to follow Christ, love our family and friends, work our plan, fly our planes, and let the folks that won this match do whatever they think they should. "Weebeesee".

Nov 12, 2012 at 09:02 PM
Leo Hursh
• • •
p.3394 #10 · p.3394 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

cbrandt wrote:
Very nice Leo ..... what cha have out there ?? Roseate Spoonbills ? not only the worry of a bird strike, but they've gotta be thinkin' FOD too from the looks of that runway ..

It is looking rough on the tarmac these days. I think they must be holding off repairs until they get a grant to raise the ends of the runway. They are raising the north end 1-2 feet and the south end is coming up 6-8 feet in elevation. It certainly would not be good for business if one them pretty little planes ingested a tuft of pavement fluff!

Nov 12, 2012 at 09:05 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3394 #11 · p.3394 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Funny Harry!!

Nov 12, 2012 at 09:06 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3394 #12 · p.3394 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

You're right Leo. I see those engines all the time at my overhaul client's shops. Some of those turbine nozzles look like they've been through the mill.

Nov 12, 2012 at 09:09 PM
Leo Hursh
• • •
p.3394 #13 · p.3394 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Nice Reaper Curtis! I like the sparkles on the polished surfaces.

Nov 12, 2012 at 09:10 PM
Leo Hursh
• • •
p.3394 #14 · p.3394 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Harry, I hope it wasn't "In Use" at the time of its demise!

Nov 12, 2012 at 09:29 PM
nickjohnson
• • •
p.3394 #15 · p.3394 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Harry, thanks for giving me a real laugh to end my day. ďSmashingĒ job Sir!

Nov 12, 2012 at 09:51 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3394 #16 · p.3394 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jim: "webesee", indeed. I honor your principled stance.

Nov 12, 2012 at 10:22 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3394 #17 · p.3394 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

In unrelated news, my new car is Motor Trend 2013 Car of the Year: the all-electric Tesla Model S. Even more amazingly, it was the unanimous choice of all eleven judges.

http://www.motortrend.com/oftheyear/car/1301_2013_motor_trend_car_of_the_year_tesla_model_s/?ti=v2

It's the future, boys and girls!

Nov 12, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.3394 #18 · p.3394 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

The Tesla Model S is Automobile Magazine's "Car of the Year" as well.

Nov 13, 2012 at 12:23 AM
Kingfishphoto
• • • • •
p.3394 #19 · p.3394 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks to JW, Leo and Nick, to take a liking to Potty break. JW and Steve , whats that silly looking bar in t he Mitchells tail cone ? something from Golds Gym ? Now for you electric car guys - what happens when the masses get them and we all charge them on todays power grid ? . T hey just put 3 (three) charging stations in at Allentowns largest shopping mall. Wonder what happens when number 4 drives up .
Harry Palmer

Nov 13, 2012 at 12:53 AM
rkelley
• • •
p.3394 #20 · p.3394 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Tanker 42 ...

Nov 13, 2012 at 01:31 AM
       3395              4344       4345       end

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell