Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3342      
       3344              4286       4287       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevezzzz
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3343 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Leo Hursh wrote:
Well, welcome to the Jim and Steve Show!

Wonderful images from both sides of the clouds gentlemen.

The "Mustang On Top" and "Superbug On The Bottom" make a wonderful pair to start the day with. Thanks for sharing and y'all have a wonderful day!

Thanks, Leo!

[edit for TOPP]

Hot Ramp Load-n-Go

Oct 15, 2012 at 02:51 PM
Bill Gass
• • • •
p.3343 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
Marcia and I are taking a little R&R on the SoCal coast. It's too bad the weather isn't any better, but we're making the best of it

Ya...Looks a little ruff there Steve

Oct 15, 2012 at 03:29 PM
Bill Gass
• • • •
p.3343 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Pleased to announce that we have just put together an agreement with a B25 and crew for the Arizona/California area. We're working on some very unique subject aircraft in those regions as well. More to follow.

N. Cal maybe

Oct 15, 2012 at 03:30 PM
Leo Hursh
• • •
p.3343 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Bill Gass wrote:
Ya...Looks a little ruff there Steve

+1

Oct 15, 2012 at 03:46 PM
MMcGrath
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3343 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Pre-flight drink, sir!

Oct 15, 2012 at 03:57 PM
MMcGrath
• • • •
p.3343 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

To those on the thread using GoPro Hero 2's, I have a few questions:

1. Is 32GB the max SD card size you can use.
2. What sort of battery life are you getting when shooting either HD video or time-lapse.
3. Have you tried mounting it to an aircraft / airliner window?

I'm already in the early planning stages of my next trip / holiday, and I quite fancy the idea of doing a time-lapse or HD video of the flight gate to gate. Flight length would be approx 12hrs.

Oct 15, 2012 at 04:23 PM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.3343 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
Marcia and I are taking a little R&R on the SoCal coast. It's too bad the weather isn't any better, but we're making the best of it

I deeply envy you, good sir. I'm on afterburner again for at least the next month... 'nuff said about that.

Daniela is in Malibu near you -- or at least a hell of a lot nearer to you than I am -- but she's busy in classes. She left yesterday and will be gone for the next four weeks. It got real quiet around here yesterday...

Oct 15, 2012 at 04:26 PM
futurshox
• • • •
p.3343 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Mark, I am not sure about the max card size. But you will need extra batteries; you get about 3 hours on either standard or time lapse mode, since it never really shuts down in time lapse. I would use a suction mount on the window which should be OK, as long as you can bend the camera 180 degrees I guess. There's more freedom of movement with a Delkin Fat Gecko Mini/tripod adapter than with the GoPro mount.

Oct 15, 2012 at 04:34 PM
Go4Long
• • •
p.3343 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

first day back to work from the Alliance holiday today...still loving all the pictures and can't wait for next year with the blue angels. I'm actually looking at the possibiliy of going out to CFB Bagotville in Quebec to see their show next year in June which will have the Blue Angels and the Snow Birds...seems like a worthy trip.

I'm back at work for 4 weeks then off again for another 2 weeks and going to Cuba for a week of that to celebrate 2 years of marriage. This 4 weeks is going to be the longest 4 weeks EVER

Edited on Oct 15, 2012 at 05:04 PM · View previous versions

Oct 15, 2012 at 05:01 PM
MMcGrath
• • • •
p.3343 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks Jo,

I was looking at getting the GoPro with the motorsports mount which appears to be like a mini Manfrotto magic arm type rig.

I'm guessing going by your figures then that I would be better shooting in time-lapse mode, as this would allow me to swap out batteries and cards during the flight, and then combining into a video later.

I'll also need to look at creating some sort of lens shade in order to reduce / eliminate window reflections.

BTW, you also have mail.

Oct 15, 2012 at 05:03 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

MMcGrath
• • • •
p.3343 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Go4Long wrote:
first day back to work from the Alliance holiday today...still loving all the pictures and can't wait for next year with the blue angels. I'm actually looking at the possibiliy of going out to CFB Bagotville in Quebec to see their show next year in June which will have the Blue Angels and the Snow Birds...seems like a worthy trip.

I'm back at work for 4 weeks then off again for another 2 weeks and going to Cuba for a week of that to celebrate 2 years of marriage. This 4 weeks is going to be the longest 4 weeks EVER
...Show more

I start back work tomorrow.
Got 1 days leave left to take between now and Christmas. Office does however shut down between Christmas and New Year which helps.

Oct 15, 2012 at 05:05 PM
MMcGrath
• • • •
p.3343 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

New Bell Attack Helicopter.

Oct 15, 2012 at 05:11 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3343 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Pleased to announce that we have just put together an agreement with a B25 and crew for the Arizona/California area. We're working on some very unique subject aircraft in those regions as well. More to follow.

Gotta find me a House and a Job over there and move across or what...

Oct 15, 2012 at 05:23 PM
PDumm
• •
p.3343 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:

Fall/winter time....ah...best time to be in Arizona with a B25 and some friends.

Oct 15, 2012 at 06:28 PM
mmniemi
• • •
p.3343 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

-What time is it?
-It's 6 o'clock (low!)...

Mikko

Oct 15, 2012 at 06:50 PM
MMcGrath
• • • •
p.3343 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Set Brakes.

Oct 15, 2012 at 07:07 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3343 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

B-25 option in AZ/CA, eh? Very Nice!!

Red, Flight and Blue...

Oct 15, 2012 at 07:56 PM
futurshox
• • • •
p.3343 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

MMcGrath wrote:

New Bell Attack Helicopter.

http://www.markmcgrathphotography.co.uk/img/s1/v57/p1195110798-4.jpg

That's funny, I have almost this exact same shot, for the same reason!

As for GoPro mounts, they operate only on right angles. Look closely at the mounting gear and you will see it is all slotted, with some pieces that allow a 90 degree turn, but there is no free yaw. I guess they assume you will rotate the suction cup where you want it, which is probably fine outside cars, but in cockpits it can be limiting. That said, you do have to buy one mount or the other when you get the camera, so give it a go and see.

Oct 15, 2012 at 07:58 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3343 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Uncle Remos...

Oct 15, 2012 at 08:00 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3343 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:

Yeah Yeah I think i did something wrong in my life

Oct 15, 2012 at 08:01 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password