New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              621      
       623              739       740       end

Archive 2007 · Your Best Nikon shots.

Oosty
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.622 #1 · p.622 #1 · Your Best Nikon shots.

yasmas wrote:
City of Lights - Gorgeous Gordes

It is gorgeous in daylight but this is magnificent.

Jul 28, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Oosty
• • • • •
p.622 #2 · p.622 #2 · Your Best Nikon shots.

workerdrone wrote:
^brilliant!

+1

Jul 28, 2013 at 12:37 PM
Oosty
• • • • •
p.622 #3 · p.622 #3 · Your Best Nikon shots.

Zichar wrote:
Thanks workerdrone, I haven't taken many with my poodle since so umm this thread is safe
Here's something different then...
45PCE on a chilly morning at Pink Bay, Kangaroo Island

]

Special

Jul 28, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Oosty
• • • • •
p.622 #4 · p.622 #4 · Your Best Nikon shots.

Graham Mitchell wrote:
I've just been through all 663 pages of this thread over the past 2 days.

Plenty of wonderful work in this thread. I must have given out at least 50 likes.

Too bad that the thread is so padded with images which clearly don't fit the thread title, but that's life.

Graham, we're privileged to have professional photographers like yourself, Mike Yamin and others who occasionally post on this thread. However, the majority are amateurs who have various levels of experience, differing talents and probably limited time to devote to their hobby.

Most of us learn by comparing our efforts to top quality shots and trying to rplicate the technique.

Jul 28, 2013 at 12:51 PM
zippylock
• •
p.622 #5 · p.622 #5 · Your Best Nikon shots.

1. http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3775/9387291340_bbf6b31477_b.jpg

2. http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3726/9387263182_eb420139a3_b.jpg

Jul 28, 2013 at 04:03 PM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.622 #6 · p.622 #6 · Your Best Nikon shots.

Graham Mitchell wrote:
I've just been through all 663 pages of this thread over the past 2 days.

Plenty of wonderful work in this thread. I must have given out at least 50 likes.

Too bad that the thread is so padded with images which clearly don't fit the thread title, but that's life.

Oosty wrote:
Graham, we're privileged to have professional photographers like yourself, Mike Yamin and others who occasionally post on this thread. However, the majority are amateurs who have various levels of experience, differing talents and probably limited time to devote to their hobby.

Most of us learn by comparing our efforts to top quality shots and trying to rplicate the technique.

Many of y'all might not 'like' it but Graham's right on the money
I got reamed for bringing this up several pages ago. Post your BEST kids, not 1/2 a dozen marginal captures.
FM gets over a million hits a day, make your work memorable and the lurkers will keep coming back. I've got an
incredible fan base built-up over the years here by posting some decent work and it's opened MANY doors for me.
If you need help with comp/technique/settings/PP there's the Photo Critique Forum. Use it. We need to "represent"
Nikon's inherent goodness here...not w/multiple snapshots that's what pbase/flickr/facebook are for. Just sayun

So, dig in...post the good sh*t. You're judged by your last post, set your bar higher. That's how we improve.
handheld Jpeg (and proud of it) SOOC

Jul 28, 2013 at 04:31 PM
James Burden
• • •
p.622 #7 · p.622 #7 · Your Best Nikon shots.

Pretty in Pink by James_Burden, on Flickr

Jul 28, 2013 at 05:39 PM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
[X]
p.622 #8 · p.622 #8 · Your Best Nikon shots.

Dear, World, Here is Emily Ashley Lee, Dickinson, as here is what happens, when you have your shutter speed cranked up beyond normal realms, and when your flash is set to full power, yet, it is not powerful enough, oh, and also, when you have the ISO, its an acronym, by the way, look it up, cranked down to ISO 50, or most likely 100, if you don't have a special Nikon D800, as I, since I am filthy rich..Okay, back to the studies, so, now, when you press the shutter release button, it fly's away at he stupendously high rookie moved, 1/800, or so, and, well, here are those results, they are BAD, so don't do it ok, unless your weird, or like me, just plain sloooow?!

People in this photo (add a person)

Adding people will share who is in this photo
Additional info (show less)

Settings: 1/800ƒ/8ISO 5085 mm

All Rights Reserved (edit)

Anyone can see this photo (edit)

It is publicly searchable (edit)

Only you can add comments (edit)
Only you can add notes/tags/people (edit)

Safety level: Safe (edit)
Content type: Photo (edit)

_DSC1847 by aRolleiBrujo, on Flickr

Jul 28, 2013 at 05:51 PM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
[X]
p.622 #9 · p.622 #9 · Your Best Nikon shots.

Studies lesson two, however, I am not a PROFESSIONAL, oh, such a big word, so, I am no pro, however, this image, with near proper settings, resulted in this, much easier on the eye's, of my Emily! here are the stats copied and pasty cuz im damn lazy, and suck both at photography, writing, and well, loads! my trash, can be your treasure trove of information, as long as you provide the spade"shovel" to dig it!

Settings: 1/200ƒ/13ISO 7950 mm

_DSC1874 by aRolleiBrujo, on Flickr

Jul 28, 2013 at 05:54 PM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
[X]
p.622 #10 · p.622 #10 · Your Best Nikon shots.

ok last lesson number 3, cuz, like three, i am odd, here is Emily, and like the rest "SOOC", that means "straight out of the camera",snort, but why is it not SOOTC?? This is just sun, and a big eyeball f/1.4! like a false sense of achievement provided by a G.E.D, CONGRATS, you graduated, now go shot, take pictures that is.
Peace, and happy photography! -Americo.rodriguez

Settings: 1/20ƒ/1.4ISO 12585 mm

Grrr, update, a photo helps americo, derp...

_DSC1835 by aRolleiBrujo, on Flickr

tyranny tastes like mold, yuck!

Jul 28, 2013 at 06:01 PM
binary visions
• • • •
p.622 #11 · p.622 #11 · Your Best Nikon shots.

I think there's a happy medium here... I mean, there's a pretty big gap between a hostile environment and a place where everyone pats each other on the back and says "nice work" to the most mundane or terrible of images.

I won't put words into Will's mouth, but others have expressed a similar feeling: simply wishing this thread would drift back into a representation of some of the best this forum offers rather than a dumping ground for an entire set, or multiple iterations of the same shot, or people using it as a "my most recent photo" blog. I don't think this forum fosters a hostile, holier-than-thou attitude - in fact, in some cases, I think we could all do with a little more constructive criticism. There are lots of places for learning, posting lots of pictures, or seeking feedback, though, and I think many just feel that "Your Best Nikon Shots" probably isn't intended to provide that.

Jul 28, 2013 at 06:12 PM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
[X]
p.622 #12 · p.622 #12 · Your Best Nikon shots.

binary visions wrote:
I think there's a happy medium here... I mean, there's a pretty big gap between a hostile environment and a place where everyone pats each other on the back and says "nice work" to the most mundane or terrible of images.

I won't put words into Will's mouth, but others have expressed a similar feeling: simply wishing this thread would drift back into a representation of some of the best this forum offers rather than a dumping ground for an entire set, or multiple iterations of the same shot, or people using it as a "my most recent photo" blog.
...Show more

you have referenced .. .https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/board/4

just to point it out clearer, without a link...FM Forums
Photo Critique Join Upload & Sell

Jul 28, 2013 at 06:19 PM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
[X]
p.622 #13 · p.622 #13 · Your Best Nikon shots.

I honestly think a majority of people tried very hard to obtain their best, and hence the posts, sure, most other folks cringe, bite their gossip tongues, and say, well that is just the bee's nest, or now, they just hit the like button, rather than be straight forward, out of embarrassment, is this a way to teach, no, but it may very well be human nature to make the other user feel confident, therefore increasing their photographic journey...

Jul 28, 2013 at 06:23 PM
rioni
• • •
p.622 #14 · p.622 #14 · Your Best Nikon shots.

d600 w/ 85 1.8g

Jul 28, 2013 at 06:28 PM
Slug69
• • •
p.622 #15 · p.622 #15 · Your Best Nikon shots.

trenchmonkey wrote:
Many of y'all might not 'like' it but Graham's right on the money
I got reamed for bringing this up several pages ago. Post your BEST kids, not 1/2 a dozen marginal captures.
FM gets over a million hits a day, make your work memorable and the lurkers will keep coming back. I've got an
incredible fan base built-up over the years here by posting some decent work and it's opened MANY doors for me.
If you need help with comp/technique/settings/PP there's the Photo Critique Forum. Use it. We need to "represent"
Nikon's inherent goodness here...not w/multiple snapshots that's what
...Show more

Excellent shot Trenchmonkey but just wish I could see more of the pic in the direction the rider is looking. (I love these shots because the expressions on the riders face sometimes look so calm/serene yet the horse they are riding is at all sorts of insane angles and dirt flying everywhere, eyes bulging, etc.)

And just to add something to the debate about posting your pics.

Last weekend I was able to finally break away from family and take some pics with my new to me D7100. I had excellent light for some landscapes near a sleepy location on the NSW South Coast and just a quick look through the pics I have taken I see flaws and am loath to post my SOOC shots here as I am disappointed with them. I am new to landscape and using a tripod. I will post a couple here when I see if I can replicate the colours I used to get from my D70. The files are quite different that's for sure.

Trenchmonkey makes a good point that we should be posting our best so people new to the site come back. On the other hand this site isn't here to promote individuals works either it is for sharing with the implication that people are going to talk about your pics.

Knowing how easy it is to start your own threads in this forum I think we should only be posting pics that we feel were the best of a set and are in keeping with the spirit of this thread.

A.Rodriguez I hope you feel you are posting your best pics here but at this stage maybe just limit the amount you post here or start your own thread. If you start your own thread and ask for critique, you will get it and you will get help from people here. But if you feel you are posting your best then post away knowing that people can set your posts to be ignored when looking around FM. That would be a shame as I think you "see" things in a way that might get one of your pics sold for $3.5 Million.

Jul 29, 2013 at 12:20 AM
James Burden
• • •
p.622 #16 · p.622 #16 · Your Best Nikon shots.

D800 + Sigma 150

Mystical Spirit by James_Burden, on Flickr

Jul 29, 2013 at 05:25 AM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.622 #17 · p.622 #17 · Your Best Nikon shots.

^ that's some great color and clarity, James

Jul 29, 2013 at 05:49 AM
James Burden
• • •
p.622 #18 · p.622 #18 · Your Best Nikon shots.

trenchmonkey wrote:
^ that's some great color and clarity, James

Thank you my simian friend....

Jul 29, 2013 at 07:07 AM
Slug69
• • •
p.622 #19 · p.622 #19 · Your Best Nikon shots.

Not my best Nikon shots but definitely the best in a few months or so.

Please excuse the free crop on the third one.

D71_0578 by Slug69, on Flickr

D71_0841 by Slug69, on Flickr

D71_0692 by Slug69, on Flickr

Jul 29, 2013 at 08:45 AM
Oosty
• • • • •
p.622 #20 · p.622 #20 · Your Best Nikon shots.

James and Rioni - both are excellent images.

Jul 29, 2013 at 11:32 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.