Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2006 · Epson R2400 keeps ejecting paper

Roy Pertchik
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Epson R2400 keeps ejecting paper

Anyone have this problem? I place a single sheet of Epson paper correctly in the normal paper feed, send a print from PS, and the paper simply rolls through the printer and ejects from the front. The dialog box for Out of Media/Paper not Loaded Correctly pops up. I re-load the sheet, press the paper button (the top right button) and it rolls thru again. I turn the printer off and then back on. No improvement.
This happened once a long time ago, too. Then I pressed something, I don't remember what, and suddenly all was right. But that was then. Now, I am having no luck at all.

Paper is genuine Epson, fresh and not curved or wrinkled, etc.

Any thoughts?

Dec 29, 2006 at 12:38 PM
shirozina
• • •
p.1 #2 · Epson R2400 keeps ejecting paper

Happens to me as well sometimes and in the middle of printing a multi-page document it will suddenly pass a blank sheet. I just keep pressing the paper button that is flashing and reload until it works. Very anhoying behaviour with no apparent cause that I have ever discovered.

Dec 29, 2006 at 01:50 PM
rgallie
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Epson R2400 keeps ejecting paper

I have not yet had this problem on my R2400 or R1800. I did have the problem on my R800 and I cleaned the feed rollers with alcohol and the problem was solved.

I am pretty sure it is caused by the rollers getting dirty with paper dust. When a sheet feeds in slowly it does not get to a sensor in time and then the printer ejects the sheet.

There could be other causes, especially with fine art paper.

Give the alcohol or other cleaning solution a try, there is nothing to lose.

Rodney

Dec 29, 2006 at 03:02 PM
mrladewig
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Epson R2400 keeps ejecting paper

I have had this issue on my R1800. Does your printer occasionally print some symbols on the top of a sheet?

1) Use a print spool cleaning tool to empty files out of your print spooler. Your printer is most likely going crazy because there is a print file that has lost its header.

2) Defragment your windows hard disk. The print spooler seems to require a contiguous block of disk space. Windows defrag may take multiple passes to open up the space on the disk. O&O defrag did this for me in one pass.

3) Do you have an HP printer installed on this PC? I believe I was having some driver conflicts with an HP printer that I use. The offending printer was an HP all in one 4200.

Dec 29, 2006 at 06:14 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · Epson R2400 keeps ejecting paper

i had this problem..to fix it:

Remove all epson software
Reinstall all epson software
make sure the firewire/usb cable is plugged in right

Dec 29, 2006 at 06:17 PM
Roy Pertchik
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Epson R2400 keeps ejecting paper

Thanks for all of the replies! I'll have a few things to try tonight when I get home.

Dec 29, 2006 at 06:21 PM
Roy Pertchik
• • • •
p.1 #7 · Epson R2400 keeps ejecting paper

Fixed! Going with the idea that it might be a software issue, with some kind of out of sequence header in some sort of que, I did a complete shut down of my whole system and did a cold boot of windows, not just my routine of using quick start from sleep mode. That reset whatever was making the Epson run the paper through, and voila! Lovely prints, once again :-)

Thanks for the ideas, one and all.

Dec 29, 2006 at 07:56 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password