Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              123      
       125       end

Archive 2006 · Mustang Air to Air

jbear2000
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.124 #1 · p.124 #1 · Mustang Air to Air

Rodolfo - I gave up trying to find someone over 20 years ago for that film. I would guess its toast by now anyway (you shouldn't know how its been stored since giving up on it... lets just say it wasn't in the refrigerator) and the images on the film are likely worth much less than the unspoiled film can - even if they were pristine.

But thanks though - that's a nice offer.

I noticed you're the newest member of ISAP - congrats... seriously thinkin of sending in my money and trying to attend the next meeting. It sounds like an incredible opportunity to learn.... i just didn't see a category for total rank amateur. I printed the form though!

edit: my wife just reminded me I'm in Chicago the week before the Dallas meeting and she thinks I should come home long enough to remind the doberman who I am... even though Deb's mother lives in Dallas... it would be tough to swing two weekends in a row...shoot!

Dec 11, 2007 at 01:56 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.124 #2 · p.124 #2 · Mustang Air to Air

Bummer JBear!

JW

Dec 11, 2007 at 02:50 PM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.124 #3 · p.124 #3 · Mustang Air to Air

jbear2000 wrote:
I noticed you're the newest member of ISAP - congrats... seriously thinkin of sending in my money and trying to attend the next meeting. It sounds like an incredible opportunity to learn.... i just didn't see a category for total rank amateur.

I don't think they can create a category for one person. So when you join, we can create the "rank amateur" category together. Seriously though, go ahead and join! Best case, you get the ball rolling and you get included in ISAP's activities, mailings, etc. But even in the very worst case, if you never do anything with ISAP at all... you'll know that the $35 you "lost" went to a very good cause. No real downside here.

jbear2000 wrote:
edit: my wife just reminded me I'm in Chicago the week before the Dallas meeting and she thinks I should come home long enough to remind the doberman who I am... even though Deb's mother lives in Dallas... it would be tough to swing two weekends in a row...shoot!

First, provide a counterweight for the two trips by being home a lot before then. Lots of benefits: you get to spend more time with your family, your wife will be glad to see you go after she's had a slight overdose of you, and you'll be well rested when you arrive in Dallas to boot. Second, tell your wife that you need to "pound some sense" into some young upstart in Dallas. You can then keep your word by joining us for the steak dinner we've been trying to set up since Oshkosh, and between the three of us we'll put a couple of "pounds of sense" into us. Nothing makes more sense than a good steak, right?

Dec 12, 2007 at 01:32 AM
Jack M
• • •
p.124 #4 · p.124 #4 · Mustang Air to Air

No worries Rodolfo, I went last year and they treated me like a pro.

Dec 12, 2007 at 03:57 AM
jbear2000
• • • • •
p.124 #5 · p.124 #5 · Mustang Air to Air

ha - its not my wife that worries me...its my 110 pound doby. when he isn't curled up in my lap licking my hand - he looks pretty ferocious! I don't want him to forget that I'm the guy who feeds him

I probably will join - I know I'll learn something surely. and if its too cold in Chicago - i might just cancel that trip and head west!

Dec 12, 2007 at 05:57 AM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.124 #6 · p.124 #6 · Mustang Air to Air

Repeat after me...

It's too cold in Chicago, and will be even colder in late February.

Dec 12, 2007 at 06:52 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.124 #7 · p.124 #7 · Mustang Air to Air

Rodolfo, I love your logic!!!! JBear, plan on coming because I'm from Chicago and I can tell you that Rodolfo's quote re: temps there is optimistic! In addition, no special category will need to be established for any of you, you already shoot better than 2/3 of the people earning money with their cameras. The prospect of being with you guys has buoyed my spirits! Steak! That sounds good, I'm so tired of chicken and rabbit food I could cluck!

JW

Dec 12, 2007 at 01:59 PM
jbear2000
• • • • •
p.124 #8 · p.124 #8 · Mustang Air to Air

You guys are too much! I've been to Chicago the last three Februarys on that weekend as its the biggest dental convention in the country. It was chilly the first year I went - it was miserably cold last year and nearly got stranded by a surprise snow storm the day I was to fly out.

The reason Chicago is important is that there are big changes in dentistry - between high end dental work being made with CAD/CAM and low end work being imported from China for 25 to 50 dollars a tooth. yep - thats the price thats being marked up to $1000.00+. If it weren't for the required CE and inside information - i'd be booking my flight for the home of my Cowboys!

btw - i did the firmware upgrade to the Mark III and at first i thought it might be better. Did some tests yesterday though and it is definitely worse. In several 20 shot bursts at 1/30th and/or up to 1/100th set on AI servo while panning with IS and shooting passing cars going 30mph - i would get maybe three that were good enough to use - and even then those weren't as sharp as what I've seen out of my 20D. I'm going to the North Shore to shoot Banzai Pipeline at the end of December and hoped the firmware would allow me to get through that before sending it in. Now it looks like I'll have to take my chances that it will get back before I leave - or else shoot the pipe with the 20.

Dec 12, 2007 at 02:21 PM
BA31Driver
• • •
p.124 #9 · p.124 #9 · Mustang Air to Air

It's been awhile since I've posted here, so I though I'd add an oldie here. Back in the days of my EOS-1, and Tokina 80-200 f2.8 with an AF motor than sounded like a hydraulic lift on a moving van; our company had 2 of these HS-748s. With the oldest production turbine engine, the Roll-Royce Darts scream overhead as I jumped out of my car to get this shot. I think it was a roll of Provia 100. The scan isn't the greatest, but it will do.

Dec 12, 2007 at 11:06 PM
MustangsX2
• •
p.124 #10 · p.124 #10 · Mustang Air to Air

Great memories.

Hard to describe how much fun it is to be cruising at 11,500 with this off your right wing. Backlit or not, I really enjoy the memories this shot brings back. I was very lucky to be up there that day. I can only wish #5 was painted like another blue-noser ...

Curtis

Dec 13, 2007 at 05:07 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

jbear2000
• • • • •
p.124 #11 · p.124 #11 · Mustang Air to Air

Thats a nice shot Curtis. I've had several people ask me if I was in the air when I shot some of mine and I have to admit it was just the way the clouds set up on Friday and I only shot from the top of the grandstand.
With yours though - there is no doubt! Since I don't believe in luck... I'll have to say you guys were very blessed to get to do that Its a great angle even if the paint job is a little ... colorful!

Speaking of colorful... while the airshow season is in hibernation... I've found myself over here - http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/585946/0 - its a totally different animal but for those of us who never grew up - its pretty cool as the subject is big, colorful, noisy, dirty, moves and has a lot of power!

Dec 13, 2007 at 12:42 PM
Tim Speciale
• • • • •
p.124 #12 · p.124 #12 · Mustang Air to Air

JWilsonphoto wrote:
I guess I can say I've been shot at by The Tuskegee Airmen!

Truly some heroic men.

Dec 14, 2007 at 08:14 AM
jbear2000
• • • • •
p.124 #13 · p.124 #13 · Mustang Air to Air

Time to get this thread started again - can't have it falling off to page two!

we may even need to back our way into the new year...

Dec 16, 2007 at 12:31 PM
Spoiler_3

p.124 #14 · p.124 #14 · Mustang Air to Air

That is an awesome picture. Represents Old (the plane) and new (the little boy) nice job

Dec 16, 2007 at 12:37 PM
jbear2000
• • • • •
p.124 #15 · p.124 #15 · Mustang Air to Air

Thanks - but I have to tell you - its a husband and wife team. Now that is a trusting relationship!

Dec 16, 2007 at 10:53 PM
Tim Adams
• • • •
p.124 #16 · p.124 #16 · Mustang Air to Air

F-18 climb out,

Dec 18, 2007 at 02:24 AM
Tim Adams
• • • •
p.124 #17 · p.124 #17 · Mustang Air to Air

F-18

Dec 18, 2007 at 02:32 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.124 #18 · p.124 #18 · Mustang Air to Air

Hi Guys,

Sorry about my spotty attendance on our thread! Between the holidays approaching, business, a raging battle with Leopard and 3 Macs, I haven't had time to turn around. On an up note, I received a limited edition Jon Berry Photography 2008 calendar in the mail today! Great work Jon, thank you!! I have already given it a place of honor in my office. The print quality and finish is very nicely done!! Thanks again!!!

JW

Edited by JWilsonphoto on Dec 18, 2007 at 03:44 PM GMT

Dec 18, 2007 at 09:41 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.124 #19 · p.124 #19 · Mustang Air to Air

Bob,

Re: a PM from Bob, I'm going to save you lots of searching, here is the image you asked to see. Prints are available at SmugMug, let me know, I'll send you the link.

JW

Dec 18, 2007 at 09:43 PM
jbear2000
• • • • •
p.124 #20 · p.124 #20 · Mustang Air to Air

Thanks for the compliment Jim!

now if i could just figure out how to get the calendar folks to pay me to print them instead of the other way around...

I'm glad you liked it!

Limited is right - I've only got 3 more left out of the second run!

Dec 18, 2007 at 09:58 PM
       125       end

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

125       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password