New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2005 · Where are the 1200mm's?

twistphoto
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Where are the 1200mm's?

That's the page I got the quanities of approximately ten made, and 2 at SI.
No IS though, probably don't need it as the lens is too heavy to shake!

Mar 28, 2005 at 09:32 PM
mbohunsky
• • • •
[X]
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Where are the 1200mm's?

Here is a picture from a fellow FMer. It was from a Canon-sponsored outing I believe so they had all the lenses you could play around with. It is not my image and I can't find the thread. Hope you don't mind.

Let's see you hand-hold THIS!!

Mar 28, 2005 at 11:05 PM
losloslos
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Where are the 1200mm's?

From my intern experience: The tabloid guys of course try (like us all) to shoot the best picture that is practical under the "F8 and be there" rule...because...tada, you can always fool with the pic later.

My photography teacher (yes, all my photography training in a formal sense was in 5th grade) was a man that always defended his RF photography like this..."When it comes to long shots, your shitty 400mm SLR lens versus my Leica 50mm and a Leitz darkroom...do we really have to compare?"

If you get a so-so shot, with lots and lots of film behind it, you are good to go. In my internship, we used pentax 67's, and some fairchild aerial cameras (some gun cameras, some not) with 5750 ASA film in it...trust me, the grain wasn't added on that setup.

F8 and be there...chant it...it means "my 22mp H1 with a shorter lens will do a better job than a D30 and a 1200mm..." it really does.

Trees, building corners, and light poles have helped paparazzi more than IS or long lenses anyway.

G.

Mar 29, 2005 at 12:02 AM
meejahor
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Where are the 1200mm's?

Does anyone else think that the 1200 is actually quite ugly?

Some of Canon's lenses are very attractive, especially in my opinion the 300 2.8 and to a lesser extent the 400 2.8 but the 1200 is too plain for my liking.

And don't tell me you don't care what your lenses look like :-)

Mar 29, 2005 at 12:25 AM
EOS20
• • • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Where are the 1200mm's?

It looks more like a teliscope than a lens!

Mar 29, 2005 at 12:43 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.