Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines
  

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
  

Archive 2005 · DV blooms (it really does!)
  
 
kaweah
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · DV blooms (it really does!)


We were in Death Valley and then Antelope Valley this weekend. Spectacular flowers as everyone has been discussing and posting here. Spring Bloom = Plant Sex. It was a veritable orgy in DV. AV to come tomorrow. For now I'm sharing some from DV. Comments welcome and appreciated.

# 1 Dawn on Telescope Peak from Badwater:


# 2 Sunrise on Telescope from Badwater:


# 3 Southern end of DV, sunset:


# 4 Telescope Peak from Shoreline Butte


# 5 Saddle above Confidence Hills


# 6 Foothills near Smith Mountain




Mar 14, 2005 at 07:35 AM
ScaryFox
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · DV blooms (it really does!)


Wonderful series. The first two are superb!!
Ute



Mar 14, 2005 at 07:46 AM
freefly
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · DV blooms (it really does!)


Fine set of images, Jen. My favorites are #1, 2 and 4. The wonderful vivid shots are in contrast to the name of the location

Dieter



Mar 14, 2005 at 07:54 AM
Adrian Cray
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · DV blooms (it really does!)


Hello Jen ,

What a fine and refreshing series with which to start a dull , grey day here ! No favourites , I like them all . Thanks for sharing this rare occurrence of seeing the desert in such magnificent bloom .



Mar 14, 2005 at 10:52 AM
hugh
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · DV blooms (it really does!)


Hello Jen,

A beautiful series. Amazing what a little water can do even in the desert . Good work.

hugh



Mar 14, 2005 at 11:04 AM
santos
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · DV blooms (it really does!)


Absolutely great series. My preference goes to # 1 and 5 because of their inherent beauty and, most of all, because of their superb composition. I wish I could reach such levels of simplicity. Thank you.
santiago



Mar 14, 2005 at 02:32 PM
charliec
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · DV blooms (it really does!)


Hello Jen,
Wonderful series. They all are great, I don't want to pick a favorite.



Mar 14, 2005 at 03:24 PM
nutek
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · DV blooms (it really does!)


Great pictures and great processing! I liked #5 especially.


Mar 14, 2005 at 03:28 PM
kaweah
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · DV blooms (it really does!)


ScaryFox wrote:
Wonderful series. The first two are superb!!
Ute


Thank you, Ute! I never quite know how any of these are going to come out. It was nice and cool early in the morning too

-jen



Mar 14, 2005 at 04:59 PM
kaweah
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · DV blooms (it really does!)


freefly wrote:
Fine set of images, Jen. My favorites are #1, 2 and 4. The wonderful vivid shots are in contrast to the name of the location

Dieter


Thanks Dieter. The valley was definitely alive! Not only with flowers, but people and a peculiar subset of that group - photographers

-jen



Mar 14, 2005 at 05:04 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



kaweah
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · DV blooms (it really does!)


Adrian Cray wrote:
Hello Jen ,

What a fine and refreshing series with which to start a dull , grey day here ! No favourites , I like them all . Thanks for sharing this rare occurrence of seeing the desert in such magnificent bloom .


It is rare, indeed. I've been to DV for a couple of "good" spring blooms, but this one really delivered (especially with more volume in Badwater). Thanks for your comments, Adrian. -jen



Mar 14, 2005 at 05:06 PM
kaweah
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · DV blooms (it really does!)


hugh wrote:
Hello Jen,

A beautiful series. Amazing what a little water can do even in the desert . Good work.

hugh


Thanks for your comments, Hugh! It really is amazing what a little water can do (and I'll have to remember that when my houseplants are wilting...)



Mar 14, 2005 at 05:10 PM
kaweah
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · DV blooms (it really does!)


santos wrote:
Absolutely great series. My preference goes to # 1 and 5 because of their inherent beauty and, most of all, because of their superb composition. I wish I could reach such levels of simplicity. Thank you.
santiago


Santiago,

Thanks so much. Sad truth is that I can't even begin to capture the expanse and richness of what I saw! Wish I could drag you each by the hand and walk you to these amazing hills. Bad for people with allergies though!

-jen



Mar 14, 2005 at 05:12 PM
kaweah
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · DV blooms (it really does!)


charliec wrote:
Hello Jen,
Wonderful series. They all are great, I don't want to pick a favorite.


Thanks Charlie! -jen



Mar 14, 2005 at 05:13 PM
kaweah
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · DV blooms (it really does!)


nutek wrote:
Great pictures and great processing! I liked #5 especially.


Thanks! I started to get "yellow out" going through the images. Have to do them bit by bit, methinks -jen



Mar 14, 2005 at 05:15 PM
Sunny Sra
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · DV blooms (it really does!)


Jen,
These are bootylicious!! Damn damn damn...now I know what I missed out on this weekend...
amazing stuff.



Mar 14, 2005 at 05:39 PM
kaweah
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · DV blooms (it really does!)


Sunman wrote:
Jen,
These are bootylicious!! Damn damn damn...now I know what I missed out on this weekend...
amazing stuff.


Thanks! But Sunny, I thought you were heading up there this weekend... Why no go? It was hot, but they say it should be cooling down to the 70s this week. I encourage you to go -jen



Mar 14, 2005 at 07:39 PM
Sunny Sra
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · DV blooms (it really does!)


kaweah wrote:
Thanks! But Sunny, I thought you were heading up there this weekend... Why no go? It was hot, but they say it should be cooling down to the 70s this week. I encourage you to go -jen


Jen,
Yea I was..but at the last minute decided not to go, family concern...I'm heading to MV this weekend..and DV the weekend after...



Mar 14, 2005 at 07:40 PM
kaweah
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · DV blooms (it really does!)


Sunny,

MV?



Mar 14, 2005 at 09:36 PM
EverStaR
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · DV blooms (it really does!)


Ahh, more wonderful pictures!


Mar 15, 2005 at 12:57 AM
1
       2       end






FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password