Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2004 · Sunrise at Mirror Lake

Ned Fenimore
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sunrise at Mirror Lake

http://www.fenimores.com/miranda_post_1.jpg

I took this shot this morning at daybreak of Mt Hood. This is the first reflected shot I have taken with nice, smooth water. Thanks for taking a look.

Nov 07, 2004 at 10:25 PM
KPieper
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sunrise at Mirror Lake

beautiful light on the mountain. The hike in to Mirror Lake is always worth it. Must have been a bit brisk this time of year!

KP

Nov 07, 2004 at 10:39 PM
thapamd
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sunrise at Mirror Lake

Pretty good, Ned. I wish there were a bit more detail in the shadows.

Nov 07, 2004 at 10:39 PM
Alan Klages
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sunrise at Mirror Lake

Hello Ned,

I like the pink in the sky and on Mt. Hood, but something has me wanting more . I don't know, maybe more brightness ?

Nov 07, 2004 at 10:45 PM
nutek
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sunrise at Mirror Lake

Alan Klages wrote:
Hello Ned,

I like the pink in the sky and on Mt. Hood, but something has me wanting more . I don't know, maybe more brightness ?

It is a beautiful and well-executed image. I believe what Alan is looking for is a foreground element to anchor the picture. Without a foreground element, it is hard for the viewer who has never seen the scene in real life before to understand the size and perspective of the scene. It currently is too symmetric and "unnatural" in a sense, so a foreground element would have helped here to "balance" the picture by adding some weight in the bottom half of the picture.

Nevertheless it is technically very well captured and the colors and composition can make the picture work on its own merit even without the foreground element. Depends on personal taste, I suppose... To me, I give it two thumbs up

Nov 07, 2004 at 11:41 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

hugh
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sunrise at Mirror Lake

Hello Ned,

A beautiful scene and well captured. Excellent use of the reflections.

hugh

Nov 08, 2004 at 12:07 AM
realkuhl
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Sunrise at Mirror Lake

Very nice but a 2 stop soft splid ND filter would have really helped get some detail out of the stuff around the lake - it's too dark as it is, but I love the calm of the water. I hope to make this hike someday !!

Nov 08, 2004 at 12:17 AM
Ned Fenimore
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Sunrise at Mirror Lake

Thanks for all of the comments so far. The good thing about this morning is that I took several series of shots, 3 stops in difference, so I should be able to make a decent digital blend. I also agree about the foreground element. At my vantage, there were no grasses or bank available to use. Further to my right was another vantage, and I could have done that - except part of the lake had ice on it, and the mountain would have been pretty much dead-center - which I tried to avoid. I do value your opinions - thank you!

Nov 08, 2004 at 12:22 AM
hambga
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Sunrise at Mirror Lake

Ned,

Beautiful shot. I agree with the above mentioned comments but this still has beauty as it is. The water is just a mirror. Thanks for sharing.

Gary

Nov 08, 2004 at 04:17 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password