New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       4       end

Archive 2015 · My Canon 7DII Repair Status

Kathy White
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · My Canon 7DII Repair Status

Surprisingly to me, my camera has still not been shipped back to me, and this is the end of the third day. They are expecting it to overnight tomorrow.

They DID find a problem with the AF assembly. So, I was not imagining it, which is good to know.

Kathy

Jan 22, 2015 at 03:41 PM
dolina
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · My Canon 7DII Repair Status

Kathy how do I tell if my 7D Mark II is at issue and it isn't my fault?

Jan 22, 2015 at 04:06 PM
Tom_W
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · My Canon 7DII Repair Status

It's always good when they find a problem (and admit it). Hopefully, it'll come back in extremely good tune.

Jan 22, 2015 at 04:16 PM
Kathy White
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · My Canon 7DII Repair Status

dolina wrote:
Kathy how do I tell if my 7D Mark II is at issue and it isn't my fault?

I wondered the same thing, especially since the first copy nailed anything moving and wouldn't get anything still, then the second one did well on still and just ok on moving. I wanted one that tracked like the first one and got still like the second one.

If in doubt just send it in. Under warranty there is no charge, the bad thing is the turn around right now. With CPS Gold I'm looking at 4 days at Canon and that is IF it gets shipped out tomorrow. It will have been gone for almost 2 weeks total due to the holiday.

Jan 22, 2015 at 04:25 PM
Kathy White
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · My Canon 7DII Repair Status

Tom_W wrote:
It's always good when they find a problem (and admit it). Hopefully, it'll come back in extremely good tune.

Yes, I agree, I'm always paranoid and think everything has tojust be me. I was actually happy they found a problem. If it comes back a mix of the best of both the 2 copies I've had then I'll be a happy camper.

Jan 22, 2015 at 04:29 PM
lowa2
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · My Canon 7DII Repair Status

Great to hear and looking forward to hearing about the performance of the camera when you get it back.

I believe I have the same problem.

Jan 22, 2015 at 05:27 PM
gvg45
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · My Canon 7DII Repair Status

That's great to hear your camera is heading home with hopefully the repair it needed.

What's not great to hear is what's up with Canon's QC? Having to read about multiple new 7DII's being sent for repair with problems being found??

Jan 22, 2015 at 05:37 PM
Kathy White
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · My Canon 7DII Repair Status

lowa2 wrote:
Great to hear and looking forward to hearing about the performance of the camera when you get it back.

I believe I have the same problem.

Have you sent yours in yet? I was surprised at the slower than normal turn a round. It makes you wonder if they are getting quite a few of them sent back in.

gvg45 wrote:
That's great to hear your camera is heading home with hopefully the repair it needed.

What's not great to hear is what's up with Canon's QC? Having to read about multiple new 7DII's being sent for repair with problems being found??

Thanks. For sure. I just hope it comes back and performs as expected.

Kathy

Jan 22, 2015 at 08:38 PM
rprouty
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · My Canon 7DII Repair Status

Kathy did you just send the camera or did you send your 100-400 II in with it?

Rod

Jan 22, 2015 at 08:46 PM
Wrei
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · My Canon 7DII Repair Status

I have a 7DII on my wish list and I expected to order one by now. I am waiting for an announced fix for the AF problems. I wonder if I can purchase it from B&H, have them send it over to Canon for repair, then have Canon deliver the 7DII to me?

Jan 22, 2015 at 09:03 PM
Kathy White
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · My Canon 7DII Repair Status

rprouty wrote:
Kathy did you just send the camera or did you send your 100-400 II in with it?

Rod

Rod, since I had them both and plan to use them mostly together and had to send the camera in anyway I just sent them both and asked them to repair the camera and calibrate them together. They told me the lens is just waiting on the camera repair. The sharpest combo I ever shot with was a 5DII and a 200 2.8L that I paid to have calibrated together. I'll hope it is worth being without it along with the camera for this long. I have missed it. Especially seeing pics being posted and pretty days and mine gone.

Yours is doing great! Really enjoying your shots.

Kathy

Oh, and my camera is now repaired, it is being checked. Then the calibration and back to me.

Jan 22, 2015 at 09:04 PM
lowa2
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · My Canon 7DII Repair Status

Kathy White wrote:
Have you sent yours in yet? I was surprised at the slower than normal turn a round. It makes you wonder if they are getting quite a few of them sent back in.

Not yet no. I am pretty much convinced that there is something wrong with the camera. I'll wait to see if they fixed yours then I'll send it in. My 5d3 is a nice backup!

Charles

Jan 22, 2015 at 09:14 PM
Kathy White
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · My Canon 7DII Repair Status

lowa2 wrote:
[

Not yet no. I am pretty much convinced that there is something wrong with the camera. I'll wait to see if they fixed yours then I'll send it in. My 5d3 is a nice backup!

Charles

I will follow up when it returns.

Jan 22, 2015 at 10:44 PM
karrphoto

p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · My Canon 7DII Repair Status

Well, glad I saw this. Maybe it wasn't me this morning. I was shooting with the Sigma 120-300/2.8S and getting images OOF in AI Servo, which I never had a problem with before when using to shoot sports. But this is where people were more stationary and seemed to be nailing people behind even though I know I was hitting the front people.. Might have to send mine into CPS.

CPS has been a little iffy, at least Jamesburg. Send my 70-200/2.8II in because you could feel the zoom barrel move when focusing sometimes. They sent it back with an instruction sheet on how to use the distancing setting on the side? Next time I sent it in, they found an issue with it and fixed it.. so I think it's comes down to what technician works on your stuff. Really wish we could track who did what on our equipment. I'm sure some are more aggressive in looking over things and anal about making things just right and others that just go for "within specs"

Jan 22, 2015 at 10:54 PM
Methodical
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · My Canon 7DII Repair Status

Kathy White wrote:
Rod, since I had them both and plan to use them mostly together and had to send the camera in anyway I just sent them both and asked them to repair the camera and calibrate them together. They told me the lens is just waiting on the camera repair. The sharpest combo I ever shot with was a 5DII and a 200 2.8L that I paid to have calibrated together. I'll hope it is worth being without it along with the camera for this long. I have missed it. Especially seeing pics being posted and pretty days and mine
...Show more

If I could walk my gear in to Canon CPS, I would take all my bodies and lenses to them and let them calibrate them together. I just don't want to send all that stuff to them.

I figured they'd find something because there's something wrong, but once it's fixed you will be good to go.

Jan 22, 2015 at 11:30 PM
Lotuselite
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · My Canon 7DII Repair Status

I have a 7DII on my wish list and I expected to order one by now. I am waiting for an announced fix for the AF problems.

Wrei,
I would be VERY surprised if Canon admit to a problem that needs a fix.

Jan 23, 2015 at 12:27 AM
Kathy White
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · My Canon 7DII Repair Status

Methodical, I wasn't sure they would, but I do know it did not get me the keepers in AI Servo that it should be. I'm hoping you're right and it comes back great. I don't really want even more down time with it.

Lotuselite, I agree, they are not going to admit anything was wrong. Just fix the ones that went out bad and correct it for the future shipments. I personally think they must have just recently remedied it since Rod Prouty's 2 were both fine.

Jan 23, 2015 at 12:43 AM
Shutterbug2006
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · My Canon 7DII Repair Status

Quality control in manufacturing has taken a back seat. It's not just cameras not focusing correctly. There are automobiles shutting down at highway speeds killing people. Smart Meters burning houses down. Refrigerators and washing machines dying after 3 years... it makes you not want to fly...

Sure hope they work to your satisfaction when you get your equipment back, Kathy.

Jan 23, 2015 at 03:29 AM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · My Canon 7DII Repair Status

Shutterbug2006 wrote:
Quality control in manufacturing has taken a back seat. It's not just cameras not focusing correctly. There are automobiles shutting down at highway speeds killing people. Smart Meters burning houses down. Refrigerators and washing machines dying after 3 years... it makes you not want to fly...

I live in a cave, hoping to avoid runaway autos, planes falling from the sky, smart meters and, what the frick, the occasional meteorite and cream pie.

Jan 23, 2015 at 04:41 AM
mogud
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · My Canon 7DII Repair Status

I've read far too many negative reports from capable photographers(many responders on this thread) using the 7D ii who are very familiar with complicated Canon AF systems, that my plans to acquire this body are basically on hold permanently.

It amazes me that Canon even let this camera onto the marketplace with so many issues. I hope that Canon was not responding to competitive pressures and released the body too soon with known problems.

Jan 23, 2015 at 08:36 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.