Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines
  

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
  

Archive 2004 · Evening Light on Blue Mountains
  
 
hambga
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Evening Light on Blue Mountains


These pictures were taken this evening near Walla Walla, WA. Yuor comments are appeciated.
#1
http://www.fredmiranda.com/hosting/data//3795/18330DSC_8700_fm_Evening_Glow.jpg
#2
http://www.fredmiranda.com/hosting/data//3795/18330DSC_8720_fm_Fading_Light_on_Blue_Mountains.jpg
#3
http://www.fredmiranda.com/hosting/data//3795/18330DSC_8827_fm_Clouds_of_Orange.jpg



Sep 21, 2004 at 08:03 AM
freefly
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Evening Light on Blue Mountains


Awesome shots, Gary. The colors and textures of the clouds are fantastic. Especially the first one is great with the golden color of the fg and the dark clouds and the bit of blue sky. Great work.

Dieter



Sep 21, 2004 at 08:08 AM
hugh
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Evening Light on Blue Mountains


Hi Gary,

Beautiful pictures. Fine use of the golden light. The clouds provide excellent contrast. Good work.

hugh



Sep 21, 2004 at 09:14 AM
hambga
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Evening Light on Blue Mountains


freefly wrote:
Awesome shots, Gary. The colors and textures of the clouds are fantastic. Especially the first one is great with the golden color of the fg and the dark clouds and the bit of blue sky. Great work.

Dieter

Dieter,

Thanks for viewing and I appreciate your comments.

Gary



Sep 21, 2004 at 01:00 PM
hambga
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Evening Light on Blue Mountains


hugh wrote:
Hi Gary,

Beautiful pictures. Fine use of the golden light. The clouds provide excellent contrast. Good work.

hugh

Hugh,

Thansk for your comments. I agree clouds are always such a great contributor.

Gary



Sep 21, 2004 at 01:01 PM
Username
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Evening Light on Blue Mountains


Very dramatic. Great shots.


Sep 21, 2004 at 01:10 PM
marble
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Evening Light on Blue Mountains


Great series Gary, #1 is my favorite--lighting and composition is incredible!

marble



Sep 21, 2004 at 01:43 PM
Alan Klages
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Evening Light on Blue Mountains


Nice ones Gary. Now if we can just get rid of those clouds altogether for two weeks I would be very happy. I don't care if you will have to photograph boring blue skies. At least until I get my crops in.


Sep 21, 2004 at 02:03 PM
nutek
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Evening Light on Blue Mountains


I like #1 best. Such wonderful colors!
#3 is very wonderful too but the silhouette gets lost in the darker shadows. Perhaps you could do add a graduated layer mask over it and lighten the left part of the picture a little.

Best regards,
Wenyao



Sep 21, 2004 at 02:33 PM
Antje
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Evening Light on Blue Mountains


I think I like the second one best, the landscape orientation does it for me because of the hills in the back. Very nice all, though!

Antje



Sep 21, 2004 at 03:42 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



hambga
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Evening Light on Blue Mountains


Username wrote:
Very dramatic. Great shots.

Glad you enjoyed the series..

Gary



Sep 21, 2004 at 05:06 PM
hambga
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Evening Light on Blue Mountains


marble wrote:
Great series Gary, #1 is my favorite--lighting and composition is incredible!

marble

Thanks Marble. That was fun last night. Glad you could go.

Gary



Sep 21, 2004 at 05:07 PM
hambga
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Evening Light on Blue Mountains


Alan Klages wrote:
Nice ones Gary. Now if we can just get rid of those clouds altogether for two weeks I would be very happy. I don't care if you will have to photograph boring blue skies. At least until I get my crops in.

Alan,

Thanks for your comments. It looks like you will get your wish. I just heard we are going to be clear all week with highs near 90 by the weekend. Good luck with your crops.

Gary



Sep 21, 2004 at 05:09 PM
hambga
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Evening Light on Blue Mountains


nutek wrote:
I like #1 best. Such wonderful colors!
#3 is very wonderful too but the silhouette gets lost in the darker shadows. Perhaps you could do add a graduated layer mask over it and lighten the left part of the picture a little.

Best regards,
Wenyao

Wenyao,

Thanks for the advice on #3. I will try that when I get the chance.

Gary



Sep 21, 2004 at 05:10 PM
hambga
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Evening Light on Blue Mountains


Antje wrote:
I think I like the second one best, the landscape orientation does it for me because of the hills in the back. Very nice all, though!

Antje

Antje,

Thanks for viewing and your comments. Landscapes do look nice shot as landscapes.

Gary



Sep 21, 2004 at 05:12 PM
Javier Rey
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Evening Light on Blue Mountains


Absolutely fantastic shots.

Javier



Sep 21, 2004 at 09:37 PM
Rosemary R
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Evening Light on Blue Mountains


Spectacular sunset you've masterfully captured. Just beautiful.

Rosemary



Sep 21, 2004 at 09:50 PM
christo
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Evening Light on Blue Mountains


You captured an amazing light on this #2. Wonderful.


Sep 22, 2004 at 02:35 AM
hambga
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Evening Light on Blue Mountains


Javier Rey wrote:
Absolutely fantastic shots.

Javier

Javier,

Glad you enjoyed the series. Good light is fun to utilize.

Gary



Sep 22, 2004 at 04:04 AM
hambga
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Evening Light on Blue Mountains


Rosemary R wrote:
Spectacular sunset you've masterfully captured. Just beautiful.

Rosemary

Rosemary,

Thanks for taking the time to view and comment.

Gary



Sep 22, 2004 at 04:05 AM
1
       2       end






FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password