FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Archive 2014 · SMS Notification alert

Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · SMS Notification alert

Hi everyone,
We just introduced a new SMS notification option for FM Members with Upload & Sell memberships.

Now, you have the option of receiving notification alerts in the form of text messages on your mobile phone.
This works for Thread subscriptions, Buy & Sell Watch-list, and Private Messages (PMs)

Just enter your area code and phone number by editing your profile.

Other notification options will be added soon but the first step is to update your profile.

PS: You will NEVER be contacted by phone and your phone number will NEVER be shared. It will only be used for SMS notification purposes.

All the best,
Fred

May 23, 2014 at 10:54 AM
msoomro
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · SMS Notification alert

this is GREAT

May 23, 2014 at 01:51 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · SMS Notification alert

Cool!

EBH

May 23, 2014 at 07:05 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · SMS Notification alert

May 23, 2014 at 08:29 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · SMS Notification alert

I hope people realize that some of us have not learned how to text or reply to a text. My phone still has an old fashioned key pad with 3 letters per key.

May 24, 2014 at 08:20 AM
snapsy
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · SMS Notification alert

ben egbert wrote:
I hope people realize that some of us have not learned how to text or reply to a text. My phone still has an old fashioned key pad with 3 letters per key.

This feature wouldn't require any texting skills since you'd only need to read the text that pops up on the phone. And all phones support SMS.

May 24, 2014 at 12:01 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · SMS Notification alert

snapsy wrote:
This feature wouldn't require any texting skills since you'd only need to read the text that pops up on the phone. And all phones support SMS.

Also there is not txt reply required. It's just an alert.
PM alerts are already implemented. Next are thread notifications and Buy and Sell Watchlist alerts. There will be options to turn them on or off individually on the profile page.
Fred

May 24, 2014 at 12:19 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · SMS Notification alert

snapsy wrote:

Ok, I got a text last week from a carpenter and had to get my grandson to find it and reply. Usually I just ignore them but this one was critical.

May 24, 2014 at 12:25 PM
kinconorb
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · SMS Notification alert

Great so FM can collect more of our private information - no thanks - big brother!

May 24, 2014 at 02:30 PM
WT21
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · SMS Notification alert

It's a private org with optional notification for a service you might like. Don't put in your phone if you don't want to.

May 24, 2014 at 02:38 PM
WT21
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · SMS Notification alert

ben egbert wrote:
Ok, I got a text last week from a carpenter and had to get my grandson to find it and reply. Usually I just ignore them but this one was critical.

It's optional, so you don't need to use the text option, AFAIK.

May 24, 2014 at 02:39 PM
Alex Phan
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · SMS Notification alert

this is cool. It also give extra layer of protection for fraud. Admin now can have access to the profile and see the phone #.

May 24, 2014 at 02:47 PM
deadwolfbones
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · SMS Notification alert

Nice add, Fred. Thanks!

May 24, 2014 at 02:57 PM
Lee Saxon
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · SMS Notification alert

This is a great idea! Including the CONTENT of PMs in the PM alerts would make this especially useful, I hope that's coming!

May 24, 2014 at 03:24 PM
shutterhappy
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · SMS Notification alert

Great idea!

May 24, 2014 at 03:27 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · SMS Notification alert

Lee Saxon wrote:
This is a great idea! Including the CONTENT of PMs in the PM alerts would make this especially useful, I hope that's coming!

Would that be something people really want?
I added the subject and sender to the txt alert. I thought about adding a little bit of the message (content) but it would have to be a teaser as there are limits on the amount of txt per SMS.
Fred

May 24, 2014 at 03:50 PM
Leah Hallett
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · SMS Notification alert

It would be awesome to receive a text alert when someone lists an item you've been searching for in the Buy/Sale forum!. Probably not something that can be implemented. Just dreaming.

May 24, 2014 at 04:01 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · SMS Notification alert

Leah Hallett wrote:
It would be awesome to receive a text alert when someone lists an item you've been searching for in the Buy/Sale forum!. Probably not something that can be implemented. Just dreaming.

The "Watchlist" code is current available as a PM notification but it will be added as a SMS option as well.
Fred

May 24, 2014 at 04:09 PM
gvg45
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · SMS Notification alert

Fred Miranda wrote:
Would that be something people really want?
I added the subject and sender to the txt alert. I thought about adding a little bit of the message (content) but it would have to be a teaser as there are limits on the amount of txt per SMS.
Fred

I like the way the system is implemented now, whereas when you send a PM you are able to see if the member has read it.

I think a text alert with content included would likely take away from this useful feature?

May 24, 2014 at 05:28 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · SMS Notification alert

BTW: When getting SMS from FM, the number sending txt message alerts will always be: (206)-735-4740.
That is my Seattle server.
Fred

May 25, 2014 at 11:40 AM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.