New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Landscape retouch course/DVD

shenliang

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Landscape retouch course/DVD

No one can deny that retouching is playing 50% or even greater role on a breathtaking landscape picture.
Do you have any recommendations on the retouching online courses or DVD?
I didn't find any local photography workshop on this topic, probably because there is no revenue compared to weddings!

Jun 18, 2013 at 09:25 PM
plubbry
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Landscape retouch course/DVD

You may want to take a look at some of Sean Bagshaw's video tutorials. I've only watched short clips on Photo Cascadia's Blog, but from those I'd imagine the rest of his tutorials are pretty good and have been tempted to buy some of the full tutorials.

Blog w/ clips: http://www.photocascadia.com/blog/

Sean's website: http://www.outdoorexposurephoto.com/video-tutorials/

These are all geared toward Adobe Photoshop.

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:47 PM
astro-ep
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Landscape retouch course/DVD

I'm no expert, but have learned a ton just by reading these posts. I've learned more in the last year of reading posts on FM, than previous 30 years of just playing around. Not to mention I've had the pleasure of seeing thousands of superb photos.

Another great place to search is Youtube. There are loads of tutorials for all sorts of topics.

my 2-cents worth ...

Eric

Jun 19, 2013 at 08:09 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Landscape retouch course/DVD

Post an image or two in the Photo Critique Forum ... folks there are always willing to lend a hand and share both personal info/technique as well as references to their sources. Same could apply to the Post Processing / Printing Forum.

Jun 19, 2013 at 06:40 PM
shenliang

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Landscape retouch course/DVD

Thank you all very much!
I also found the workshops offered by some famous landscape photographers for the field shootings. But obviously I have to gain more experiences with the post processing before joining one of them.

Jun 21, 2013 at 09:24 AM
jforkner
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Landscape retouch course/DVD

Google is your friend. Do a search on the specifics you're interested in (e.g., Photoshop, star trails, circular panoramas, HDR, blending, time lapse, color management, etc.). There's a wealth of free information out there if you look.

PM me if you're interested, and I'll send you links to a few of the tutorials I have bookmarked on the above subjects.

Jack

Jun 29, 2013 at 09:42 AM
mshi
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Landscape retouch course/DVD

retouching, contrary to general belief, is not about techniques. rather, it's about decision-making process to enhance what the image wants to say.

Jul 03, 2013 at 03:05 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Landscape retouch course/DVD

mshi wrote:
retouching, contrary to general belief, is not about techniques. rather, it's about decision-making process to enhance what the image wants to say.

+1 @ push/pull to draw the eye to the message you want to send to the viewer.

Jul 03, 2013 at 06:17 PM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.