Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · The Adirondack's (Back Again....

DSC01
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · The Adirondack's (Back Again....

Just got back from another great trip to the Adirondack's where I met up with Bart Carrig, we had a great time running around the High Peaks Region for a few days, sharing locations and ideas's for images. The Adirondack's are made up of 6 million acres of public and private land which some of the most subtle beauty you can find in the North East here are a few images from the trip. All comments are welcome, thanks for viewing, Dean

#1 Early light at Copperas Pond

#2 The Bird House .. Wilmington Flume Area

#3 Simon Pond Sunrise

#4 My Favorite Swamp on Floodwater Rd.

Bonus Image: (Favorite Swamp Night Image)
Trying to get the night thing down... getting closer..

Edited on Jun 18, 2013 at 12:26 PM · View previous versions

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Bart Carrig
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · The Adirondack's (Back Again....

Wonderful collection here Dean. The static star shot (last) is just super; I knew I'd miss something special (that and the great sunrise) when I had to leave early on Friday.

At Coperas (the first) you nailed the fog and light; the rookery in Wilmington in the morning light with the mist is special, and the vertical WA on the swamp has great color; the pickeral plants in the water in the fg are just super. They'll flower in mid August.

I can't thank you enough for the sites and photo information you shared. I had a great time. Look forward to another outing in the fall in the 'dacks and in Harriman.

Again, great series.

Bart

Jun 18, 2013 at 12:00 PM
dhb820
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · The Adirondack's (Back Again....

Very nice photos! Another reason to get up there again.

Jun 18, 2013 at 12:12 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · The Adirondack's (Back Again....

Hey Dean,

That's cool you got to meet up with Bart, he is a great guy, very funny too. It's always fun to shoot with him.

With your shots, I like #1, but #3 is probably my favorite, I like how you worked the sun in it. Your star shot in #5 looks pretty good. I like the overall look of it, you nailed the stars pretty good. The color though on the horizon seems a bit off and perhaps a bit hot. I have found that sometimes with the low light on night shots the color gets lost in the shot, so a slight bump in saturation or vibrance can work well. Still with that said I do like your night shot and I think it would look cool in print.

Jim

Jun 18, 2013 at 06:25 PM
ScaryFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · The Adirondack's (Back Again....

Another area high on my long list!

The second one is pure magic!

Ute

Jun 18, 2013 at 06:46 PM
helenica
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · The Adirondack's (Back Again....

Nice work Dean! I like the first and the last most!

Jun 18, 2013 at 07:03 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

ront
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · The Adirondack's (Back Again....

Beautiful!!

Ron

Jun 18, 2013 at 07:25 PM
AndrewThomas
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · The Adirondack's (Back Again....

A great series Dean, especially 1 &2. The reflection in the first one is really great. And I like your star image, too. Its nice to see a dark night time image ;-)
cheers Andrew

Jun 18, 2013 at 09:50 PM
Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · The Adirondack's (Back Again....

I really like the feel in #1 as well as the fascinating tree line with its varied greens and heights. Nice detail in the mid area and quite the reflection you picked up too!
Busy time at the rookery, nice light catching things to highlight in this shot.
Nice sunrise peek at the pond and a nice vertical view from the swamp

Still amazes me to see this many stars! Oddly when I look at the horizon and central I seem to see what looks like grid work in that central area of the sky? Are the spots on the water star reflections of lightning bug trails?

I enjoyed the set
Karl

Jun 19, 2013 at 12:22 AM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · The Adirondack's (Back Again....

A good set, Dean.
I especially like the first image...
and I'm wondering if you have a shot with the same perspective but with more of the reflection and less of the upper section. To me this is a bit too symmetrical; and I prefer the reflection part to the upper part of the scene.
Just opinion, of course .
Charlie.

Jun 19, 2013 at 05:11 AM
rmalone

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · The Adirondack's (Back Again....

Hi Dean, Is that Floodwater rd or Floodwood Rd in St Regis Canoe Area, one of my favorite areas in Adirondacks?
Ray

Jun 19, 2013 at 01:55 PM
DSC01
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · The Adirondack's (Back Again....

Thanks everybody for all the comments and feedback I greatly appreciate it.

Bart, thanks it was a fun time and we will do it again soon

Jim: Good idea on the sat boost I am going to look at that.

Karl: I see that as well not sure what that is possibly noise I am still working on the night image thing so still have a ways to go but I am getting there .

Charlie: I do have a few with more water and less sky, on this one I was going for the symmetry. I have another one I am working on with a similar feel actually b/w for another post with more from the trip.

Ray: This is the Floodwater Rd off Rt 3 near the Saranac Inn then about 6 miles in on the dirt road past the rr tracks. I will look into the other area you asked about.

Jun 19, 2013 at 08:28 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password