Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Oregon/Washington Coast photo Opps

mendo
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Oregon/Washington Coast photo Opps

Heading out on a two week vacation from CA on July 1st. Plan to travel up the Oregon and Washington coast initially and maybe move inland later. Would enjoy getting some suggestions on great places for photos. Have been to Boardman and Bandon previously.
Thanks

Jun 16, 2013 at 11:55 PM
Kell
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Oregon/Washington Coast photo Opps

"Have been to Boardman "...I'm sorry , anyway, up and down the coast you'll see plenty of great ops.. hit the Columbia River Gorge to Crown Point and Multnomah Falls...have fun!

Jun 16, 2013 at 11:59 PM
camboman
• • •
p.1 #3 · Oregon/Washington Coast photo Opps

Just a bit north of Bandon - the Cape Aragon-Shore Acres-Sunset Bay area is great for photography. The rocks and water at Shore Acres are wonderful for long exposures.

Agree with Kell about the Columbia River Gorge - you could spend a week there and not get bored, especially if you enjoy hiking.

Jun 17, 2013 at 03:25 AM
voltaire
• • •
p.1 #4 · Oregon/Washington Coast photo Opps

Thor's Well along the Oregon coast. Just pray it isn't a foggy day.

Jun 17, 2013 at 03:07 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Scrumhalf
• •
p.1 #5 · Oregon/Washington Coast photo Opps

Make sure you stop at the Oregon dunes. People overlook it, but you can get dune buggy rides into it and the landscape is other-worldly. I would make sure I had a filter on though - I was picking sand out from between my teeth a week later..

The beach at Bandon, the lighthouses, Haystack Rock are all good photo locations. Make sure you hit Clatsop Spit too. Great spot. Also, if you are going to be that far north, make sure you visit Fort Clatsop. Well worth it to see the culmination of what was probably the most significant event in American history (other than the revolution itself) up close.

Jun 17, 2013 at 03:15 PM
BauerPower
• • •
p.1 #6 · Oregon/Washington Coast photo Opps

Nice harbor photo ops in Gold Beach. Wind surfers play in the ocean north of there. Port Orford has nice sea stacks and tide pools as well as a historic Coast Guard Station. The PO harbor is interesting because all of the boats are lifted out of the water and onto the pier. The Cape Blanco lighthouse is just north of Port Orford.

Jun 17, 2013 at 03:18 PM
DonH
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · Oregon/Washington Coast photo Opps

You will find that the beaches in Oregon are quite different than those of the Olympic Peninsula. Those in Washington all have a great deal of drift logs strewn along the pebbled beaches.

The best beaches in Washington are within the boundaries of Olympic NP. Just drive up 101 and stop at each opportunity. Ruby Beach seems to be the most visited because it has easy access and is very picturesque. Others high on my list are Second Beach (not the same as Beach 2) and Shi Shi Beach's Point of Arches. The former is an easy hike of about 3/4 mile and the latter a bit more difficult 3-mile hike.

Jun 18, 2013 at 02:48 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password