Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda, JimFox
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines
One new topic per day

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

The Dark Hedges - Ireland

Tony_Kennard

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · The Dark Hedges - Ireland

Does anyone know if the green fence lining this picturesque lane have been removed or at least moved behind the trees? I'll be heading to Ireland for 12 days next week and I really would love to hit this location.

THANKS!!

Jun 14, 2013 at 01:30 AM
David Patterson
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · The Dark Hedges - Ireland

Tony... last time I talked with a college friend of mine who lives close said the fence was still there. I'll drop him a line tonight to try and confirm. For those who don't know where/what "The Dark Hedges" are, here's a pic. Last episode of the second season of Game of Thrones used it as the setting for "The Road to Harrenhal" - neat place. Here's a photograph of it before the shiny green fence was installed:

?w=520

Jun 15, 2013 at 01:20 AM
Tony_Kennard

p.1 #3 · The Dark Hedges - Ireland

That news is unfortunate. Perhaps I can work a little PS magic.

Thank you for checking further into it David.

Jun 15, 2013 at 01:46 AM
David Patterson
• • • •
p.1 #4 · The Dark Hedges - Ireland

Tony... looks like you might be in luck. My friend who lives close replied and said: "There is just the old farm wire etc. its not noticeable"

If you need directions on how to get there, check out a blog post I did: http://storiesfromhome.wordpress.com/2011/08/13/how-to-get-to-the-dark-hedges/

Jun 17, 2013 at 04:43 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Tony_Kennard

p.1 #5 · The Dark Hedges - Ireland

that is great news indeed!!! We're over here in Scotland now and will be heading to ireland via ferry in a couple days. I only brought an 85mm 1.4D, 12-24 2.8 and 24-70 2.8. I'm hoping the 24-70 has the range to bring em all together but I'm not holding out much hope. I should have brought the 70-200 but the bag was heavy enough with just the 3 lenses.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

Jun 23, 2013 at 11:33 PM
David Patterson
• • • •
p.1 #6 · The Dark Hedges - Ireland

When I was there, I tried just about everything I had, and I ended up liking the view from the longer end of my 70-20mm lens. Methinks you might be able to get some use out of the 85mm 1.4, though one of the most interesting aspects of photography (to me) is that we all see things differently. Good luck.

Jun 24, 2013 at 02:17 AM
Tony_Kennard

p.1 #7 · The Dark Hedges - Ireland

Well, I didn't get the compression I was hoping for out of the 85mm but it was better than nothing. Instead of great compression, I was able to pull out some lovely creamyness out of the back end using the 85 at 1.4.

My wife and I will definitely be going back soon for a dedicated Ireland trip (mixed in Scotland and Britain in addition to Ireland this time) and I'll bring the 70-200 for sure next time.

Here is one and I'll throw a couple more up later next week after I've gone though them. No PS here with me so these are touched a bit with Lightroom 5

NIKON D800    85.0 mm f/1.4 lens    85mm    f/1.4    1/250s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Jun 29, 2013 at 11:06 PM
David Patterson
• • • •
p.1 #8 · The Dark Hedges - Ireland

Oh my! That's just gorgeous. Creamy is a great way to describe it. Nicely done indeed

Jun 30, 2013 at 08:32 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password