Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · RSS?

Ari Versiani
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · RSS?

I wonder if you use the RSS feature in blogs or websites to spread the news? or how to use? or if you do not use too? and why?

May 30, 2013 at 04:07 PM
alohadave
• • •
p.1 #2 · RSS?

Ari Versiani wrote:
I wonder if you use the RSS feature in blogs or websites to spread the news? or how to use? or if you do not use too? and why?

RSS isn't really designed to 'spread the news'. It allows you to receive new content when a feed is updated.

I use it to subscribe to blogs that I want to read, but not have to remember to go to 50-60 websites for random updates.

Jun 01, 2013 at 06:51 PM
Mr Joe
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · RSS?

I've had an RSS link available for my blog feed -- pretty standard to place it next to the social media icons.
I use Google's FeedBurner for my RSS so I can get analytics. With over 80% of feed subscribers using Google Reader, and Google Reader going away on July 1st, I'm not sure how useful the RSS link will be anymore.

Here's an example of what happens when someone clicks the RSS link on my site:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/JoeReiferWords

Jun 03, 2013 at 06:29 PM
Jeremy Reitman
• • •
p.1 #4 · RSS?

yeah, i get the feeling that google is killing the usefulness of RSS feeds after July 1, though there will be some ways to continue to read them.

Jun 06, 2013 at 08:45 PM
neilvan
• •
p.1 #5 · RSS?

Jeremy Reitman wrote:
yeah, i get the feeling that google is killing the usefulness of RSS feeds after July 1, though there will be some ways to continue to read them.

There is, Feedly has 'taken over' the API for RSS links. Other apps (I use gReader Pro) have access to the Feedly API already. It works great, Google it...

Jun 12, 2013 at 08:24 AM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password