Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · how do you feel about this edit

odnanref

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · how do you feel about this edit

version 1

DSC_0174.jpg by addictedtoglass, on Flickr

edited version

DSC_0174-Edit.jpg by addictedtoglass, on Flickr

May 27, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · how do you feel about this edit

Obviously an improvement, at least my opinion, removing the crane. However you've lost some detail in the water and sky. WB is better, removing what I see as a blue cast on structure.

Hard to tell much more given the small size.

Regards,

Bob

May 27, 2013 at 12:40 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · how do you feel about this edit

The crane removal is the most obvious change. The slight rotation helps, with a small amount of vertical correction maybe on the extreme edge.

The toning is of course a personal/subjective decision. Personally, I find toning in images with large expanses of highlight that don't take the toning to have a bit of an awkward appearance. If the toning is for artistic rendering, I might see about adding some tone to the expanses for a bit more harmony. Toned images are by nature contrast reducing, so the stark contrast of no tone vs. tone @ the water/sky vs. buildings is a bit incongruous for me. I realize this was a byproduct of the overexposure, but I'd look to tweak on it a touch.

I wasn't able to do as much with the sky as I might have hoped. You might have better results off the raw. A ton of ways you could go with this kind of image to generate the vibe of your choice ... and your small version doesn't do justice to the detail available.

Edited on May 27, 2013 at 03:47 PM · View previous versions

May 27, 2013 at 02:09 PM
Jglaser757
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · how do you feel about this edit

i think its lacking mid tones,,the sky is too bright for me,,maybe if you could bring it down some would help,,,

May 27, 2013 at 02:13 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password