New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · 35mm Equiv for a Fuji X-Pro1

magiclight
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 35mm Equiv for a Fuji X-Pro1

I'm currently considering purchasing a Fujifilm X-Pro1.

I was wonder what options are out there for a 24mm (approx 35mm full frame equiv.) that works with Xmount.

May 25, 2013 at 04:52 AM
ct8282
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 35mm Equiv for a Fuji X-Pro1

Fuji will be launching their own shortly. An XF 23mm f1.4. And following that should be a 56mm f1.4 which is now being rumoured as an f1.2 lens.

When these lenses are released and an X-Pro 2 or X-E2 comes along I will strongly consider trading in my entire Nikon lineup. I'll have everything I need for the stuff I shoot, and I'll have an awful lot of cash in my pocket too. I don't think Fuji can be beaten for skin quality so the X-Pro2/X-E2 with the 56mm f1.4 or f1.2 will be a portrait shooters dream.

May 25, 2013 at 05:36 AM
Spyro P.
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 35mm Equiv for a Fuji X-Pro1

Ι have thought about this a fair bit and I concluded that the best 35mm option for the x-pro1 is an x100 or x100s depending on budget. There is nothing else out there so wide that is particularly appealing or works well with this camera, unless you go to manual SLR lenses which would probably destroy the camera's form factor with adapters etc, but the main problem is that this isnt really the best camera for manual focusing (no focus aids and low res EVF)

On the other hand an x100/s gives you a spare body which is always a good idea and adds to the system some nice options you can revert to like the high flash sync, quiet shutter, flat package, without changing much in terms of workflow or UI. And by the time the 23/1.4 is launched the priced diff won't be much either.

On the other hand you lose one stop, and the x-pro2 (if/when it comes) will likely be a much better cam for manual focusing. So I dont know, it depends on your needs... I decided to skip the 23/1.4 sight unseen and went with the x100s option

May 25, 2013 at 06:02 AM
apsphoto
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 35mm Equiv for a Fuji X-Pro1

Until the Fuji comes out I am using an old Canon 24mm FD lens with an adapter. Works well, once the Fuji lens is released I will pick that up.

Alan

May 25, 2013 at 08:50 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 35mm Equiv for a Fuji X-Pro1

I use an X100.

May 25, 2013 at 09:30 AM
magiclight
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 35mm Equiv for a Fuji X-Pro1

Yes, perhaps waiting for the Fuji 23mm along with the x-pro2 would be the answer.

I haven't heard of a Touit 23-25mm option on their road map.

May 25, 2013 at 04:05 PM
mawz
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 35mm Equiv for a Fuji X-Pro1

magiclight wrote:
Yes, perhaps waiting for the Fuji 23mm along with the x-pro2 would be the answer.

I haven't heard of a Touit 23-25mm option on their road map.

There isn't one and it would be extremely unlikely as NEX is the big volume mount for Touit lenses and there's already a Zeiss 24/1.8 in E mount.

Even if Zeiss had plans that way the Fuji 23 is likely to be available before Zeiss releases anything that hasn't yet been announced.

May 25, 2013 at 04:33 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.