Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Max size CF card for D200?

CAlbertson

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Max size CF card for D200?

Easy question: What is the largest size CF card that is know, and verified to work in a D200?

The user manual is not a good source of information on this as it only lists cards that were available at the time of print. Will a 32MB card work and will it store a full 32MB of data, has anyone tried a 64GB card?.

May 23, 2013 at 04:32 AM
Paul.K
• • •
p.1 #2 · Max size CF card for D200?

This is the only official thing I could find:
http://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13795/~/approved-cf-cards---d200

May 23, 2013 at 04:53 AM
Mishu01
• • • •
p.1 #3 · Max size CF card for D200?

No experience with D200 but I have in my D70s a 32GB Sandisk card and works as a charm... I never filled the card... and when download images in my card reader they jump very fast since the pictures are only 6MP. I do not see any reason why your D200 will not work with similar oversized cards.

May 23, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Justin Huffman
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · Max size CF card for D200?

should work fine with 64. its FAT32.

May 25, 2013 at 11:48 AM
sileibo

p.1 #5 · Max size CF card for D200?

CAlbertson wrote:
Easy question: What is the largest size CF card that is know, and verified to work in a D200?

The user manual is not a good source of information on this as it only lists cards that were available at the time of print. Will a 32MB card work and will it store a full 32MB of data, has anyone tried a 64GB card?.

Hi, I need this exact same information ..... did you ever get to actually try either of those card sizes?

Thanks

Oct 03, 2013 at 04:39 PM
NikonGuyIsHere
• •
p.1 #6 · Max size CF card for D200?

I had a D70 and D50 back in the day and yes you were able to use cards higher than 2GB but if you tried to format the card it would corrupt. You could only format from computer.

Not sure it applies here as D200 is a newer product and may accept SDHC cards

Oct 03, 2013 at 04:41 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · Max size CF card for D200?

How would a D200 accept an SDHC card

EBH

Oct 04, 2013 at 03:34 AM
Gregstx
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · Max size CF card for D200?

EB-1 wrote:
How would a D200 accept an SDHC card

EBH

The D200 doesn't have a SDHC slot. Is there any such thing as a CF to SDHC adapter? I have never seen one. I know there are SxS to SDHC adapters for some of the Sony video cams.

Oct 04, 2013 at 08:04 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

gugs
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · Max size CF card for D200?

Gregstx wrote:
The D200 doesn't have a SDHC slot. Is there any such thing as a CF to SDHC adapter? I have never seen one. I know there are SxS to SDHC adapters for some of the Sony video cams.

I have seen a few, but never tried one.... what I heard is that they were relatively slow.

See for example:
http://www.amazon.com/SD-CF-II-Type-Adapter-Supports/dp/B000YZGCIU

Guy

Oct 04, 2013 at 08:26 AM
M635_Guy
• • • •
p.1 #10 · Max size CF card for D200?

Thom Hogan had an article somewhere about it. I think the only drawback was you don't get the benefit of the faster card-speed (the camera is slower than the card). Not sure if 64GB cards were out at that time.

Personally, with the file sizes of a D200, I can't imagine wanting to have that many images on the card - Even traveling for a couple weeks at a time I don't think I've filled my 16GB cards when shooting JPEG L/Fine + RAW (770 images).

Oct 04, 2013 at 12:14 PM
PeteT
• •
p.1 #11 · Max size CF card for D200?

I use a 32gb card on my d300 all the time - have about 6 of them... But like others - I never filled them up either. I have however filled up 16gb with no problem

Oct 04, 2013 at 01:28 PM
JoshI
• •
p.1 #12 · Max size CF card for D200?

I used to use 16GB cards in a D200 all the time and it they held the full 16GB (timelapse). I also never had any issues formatting in camera. I would imagine you' be fine with a larger card.

Josh

Oct 04, 2013 at 01:32 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #13 · Max size CF card for D200?

gugs wrote:
I have seen a few, but never tried one.... what I heard is that they were relatively slow.

See for example:
http://www.amazon.com/SD-CF-II-Type-Adapter-Supports/dp/B000YZGCIU

Guy

OK, but that is a stretch.

I need to try some of the newer SDxC-CF adapters. The last time I did they were dead slow.

EBH

Oct 06, 2013 at 02:12 AM
Gregstx
• • •
p.1 #14 · Max size CF card for D200?

I have read reviews where they reported that adapters were slower but that doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I wouldn't think that there are any computational processes going on in the adapters. It should just be a pin translator.

Oct 07, 2013 at 02:39 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #15 · Max size CF card for D200?

I received the SD to CF adapters and tested them. Maximum transfer rates are around 25 MB/sec. read and write. I don't know of any adapters that are CF Type I. Type II seems to be necessary to accommodate the width of the SD card and adapter. Of course Type II became obsolete after microdrives became extinct, so most modern cameras only accommodate Type I.

EBH

Oct 11, 2013 at 04:24 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password