Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Tulip after the rain

momof3b1g

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Tulip after the rain

Edited on May 21, 2013 at 11:07 PM · View previous versions

May 21, 2013 at 03:08 AM
Camperjim
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Tulip after the rain

Flowers are generally really pretty, but there does not seem to be anything special or interesting about this image. Adding post processing effects really does not help in my opinion. We have seen all of these to the point that they are no longer unique or interesting.

The composition is not very good. I would have preferred to see the whole flower, but perhaps that is just a matter of taste. The bright slash of light in the lower right corner is not a matter of taste, but a distraction. Overall the lighting is very flat and the image has little detail or contrast. Some of the red areas especially on the left side are totally blown out and all detail was lost. At best I would call this a pretty snapshot. It does not demonstrate anything but very basic skill in photography and post processing.

Do you have a specific question or concern about this image?

May 21, 2013 at 03:49 AM
Jglaser757
• •
p.1 #3 · Tulip after the rain

Camperjim wrote:
Flowers are generally really pretty, but there does not seem to be anything special or interesting about this image. Adding post processing effects really does not help in my opinion. We have seen all of these to the point that they are no longer unique or interesting.

The composition is not very good. I would have preferred to see the whole flower, but perhaps that is just a matter of taste. The bright slash of light in the lower right corner is not a matter of taste, but a distraction. Overall the lighting is very flat and the image has
...Show more

I looked at this image and thought there was something missing,,And the lightin is flat,,nothing seems to jump out at me when I look at this image,,the white in the bottom right is distracting and maybe should be all uniform and darker,,I am not sure I would have cut off part of the flower at the top,,its not necessary cause you know where it is but there needs to be more of a commitment to either cutting more of it off or not at all,,,I also think the leading lines all, from bottom left to upper right , never stop,,your eye just continues up and falls off the image

May 21, 2013 at 09:49 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · Tulip after the rain

I'm inclined to think they are overexposed in the red channel.

May 21, 2013 at 02:45 PM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · Tulip after the rain

Why nip the tip?

May 21, 2013 at 08:54 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password