Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Katie

fisherman_188

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Katie

So, this is my first time posting in the "People Photography" section. I did this shoot yesterday with a co-worker of mine and think it went pretty well. I got about a dozen keepers but didn't have much editing time last night. Let me know what yall think. Uploading seems to have slightly changed the skin tone in the first shot, it's a little warmer than the edit. These were all shot with a Canon 5D III and a 24-70 Mk II with a 600EX speed lite inside a Chimera 4x3 soft box, morning sun with a CTO gel.

May 21, 2013 at 02:45 AM
Steve Wylie
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Katie

Thanks for the warning on the warm color cast; it's noticeable but now understood. Morning sun with a CTO gel might be a good combo, depending on the strength of the CTO you use. It's a careful balancing act. She's a very attractive subject to photograph. Hopefully she'll be willing to do more with you.

As to the specifics of each image, just a couple of comments for you. In the first, I've never been a fan of the "hugging the wall" pose. Leaning back against a wall is a natural pose, but nobody I've ever seen actually caresses one.

In the second frame, her pose draws attention away from her face and directly to her belt. More attention to hand placement would solve this.

In the last one, the dark objects in the upper right corner are also a distraction. Simply moving a step to your right would have solved this. Others may comment on cropping her left (camera forward) arm, but without seeing what she's resting on, I can't tell if that would be an issue or not.

All in all, however, not a bad start for your first post in the People forum.

May 21, 2013 at 05:02 PM
gome1122
• • •
p.1 #3 · Katie

The eyes really stand out.

May 21, 2013 at 07:27 PM
fisherman_188

p.1 #4 · Katie

Thanks y'all. I appreciate the kind words.

May 23, 2013 at 02:03 AM
jfinite
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · Katie

Consider cropping the top fifth of 1 and 2

May 24, 2013 at 01:27 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password