Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Carl Auer, Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

U17 State Cup

volyrat
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · U17 State Cup

A few from my daughter's U17 state cup games. Very strong teams all around, and a well run round robin weekend. Unfortunately, they aren't going on. I'd like to see what the semi's and finals look like.

05192013 145 by bobteixeira, on Flickr

05192013 141 by bobteixeira, on Flickr

05192013 083 by bobteixeira, on Flickr

05192013 080 by bobteixeira, on Flickr

05192013 052 by bobteixeira, on Flickr

Thanks for looking!

May 20, 2013 at 12:55 AM
schlotz
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · U17 State Cup

#1 - watch the horizon/vertical, suggest re-cropping to straighten
#2 - did you get the next frame? Action here is a bit early
#3 - best of the lot and pretty good. Would bring up the shadows a tad (slightly underexposed ie loss of detail in the black) looks to be one frame late for action with ball already on ground.
#4 - ok, light action
#5 - almost! Headers are tougher to get, depending on equipment used, its all about the timing Check horizons. IMO too much negative space at right, foot at bottom left is distracting. Re-cropping might help a bit.

Keep shooting Bob, it gets better

Regards,
Matt

May 22, 2013 at 01:06 PM
volyrat
• •
p.1 #3 · U17 State Cup

Thanks for taking the time to look:

on 1 - I leveled the same as #2 - using the goal post. Good point, I could "cheat" and straighten it differently since the goal post isn't there.

#2 - Yes, I did, everyone's eyes closed and not nearly as exciting as you'd think...

#3 - will rework this one.

#5 - even tougher in the girls games - the boys play a much more vertical game. And the girls usually have "headerface" on contact. I'm not sure if it's better to get just before or just after to avoid it.

thanks again.
Bob.

schlotz wrote:
#1 - watch the horizon/vertical, suggest re-cropping to straighten
#2 - did you get the next frame? Action here is a bit early
#3 - best of the lot and pretty good. Would bring up the shadows a tad (slightly underexposed ie loss of detail in the black) looks to be one frame late for action with ball already on ground.
#4 - ok, light action
#5 - almost! Headers are tougher to get, depending on equipment used, its all about the timing Check horizons. IMO too much negative space at right, foot at bottom left is distracting. Re-cropping might help a
...Show more

May 24, 2013 at 02:56 AM
TSpyers
• •
p.1 #4 · U17 State Cup

volyrat wrote:
#5 - even tougher in the girls games - the boys play a much more vertical game. And the girls usually have "headerface" on contact. I'm not sure if it's better to get just before or just after to avoid it.

Bob, if I may, I would like to refer you to the thread below. About 2/3 of the way through you will see comments regarding "headerface" and girls soccer. I wrestled with the same thing on an image I had and while it may seem unflattering to us, there is a point where it adds to the players "athletic grace" while not detracting from their beauty.

Hope it helps, its made it easier for me to decide on which frame in a series of headers gets selected!

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1204012/0#11478799

Tim

May 24, 2013 at 04:01 AM
volyrat
• •
p.1 #5 · U17 State Cup

Tim - I actually remember that thread. Off to the fields again today. A big tournament spread all over MA means 60 mile drives between games.

TSpyers wrote:
Bob, if I may, I would like to refer you to the thread below. About 2/3 of the way through you will see comments regarding "headerface" and girls soccer. I wrestled with the same thing on an image I had and while it may seem unflattering to us, there is a point where it adds to the players "athletic grace" while not detracting from their beauty.

Hope it helps, its made it easier for me to decide on which frame in a series of headers gets selected!

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1204012/0#11478799

Tim

May 25, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Frank Lauri
• • • •
p.1 #6 · U17 State Cup

Bob I agree with the other reviews you received from Matt & Tim. I also think they are good shots that have the elements you need like the ball, faces, decent bg's etc. I think that focusing on more "peak" action type shots like #3 would add more great shots to your portfolio.

May 25, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Ted ellis
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · U17 State Cup

Frank Lauri wrote:
Bob I agree with the other reviews you received from Matt & Tim. I also think they are good shots that have the elements you need like the ball, faces, decent bg's etc. I think that focusing on more "peak" action type shots like #3 would add more great shots to your portfolio.

Bob:

Agreeing with Frank and the others my fav of the set is #3.

May 25, 2013 at 09:44 PM
volyrat
• •
p.1 #8 · U17 State Cup

Frank - thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

Frank Lauri wrote:

May 26, 2013 at 01:48 AM
volyrat
• •
p.1 #9 · U17 State Cup

Ted - thanks for taking a look. Much appreciated.

Bob.

Ted ellis wrote:
Bob:

Agreeing with Frank and the others my fav of the set is #3.

May 26, 2013 at 01:49 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password