Upload & Sell: Off
| p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Best upgrade from 400D with 16-35mm II and 70-200 F4 IS |
I'm in a similar situation as yourself with a few very nice capable L series lenses, but a lesser entry level DSLR (450D).
For info: 16-35L, 24-70L, 50 / 1.4
I've been round the houses for months, trying to decide between the 5dii, 5diii and 6d.
I "think" (for the moment at least) the 6D is winning, for a couple of reasons.
1) I cant justify nor really say I'd get the most out of the additional features of the 5diii vs the other options, hence I could put that £1000 premium towards another L lens or a photography holiday
2) Price wise, a good used 5dii is around £1100 in the UK. Whereas for £1200 I can get a new 6d - so cost wise, they are essentially the same - 10% of each other.
3) 6d AF reviews suggests it is more capable than the 5dii, fast enough, accurate and decent at low light with the -3EV centre point.
4) DIGIC 5 processor vs DIGIC 4 - lower noise.
5) Its marginally smaller and lighter. (although not a huge driver for me, a nice to have)
6) Just for good measure £1000 cheaper and from where I sit 90% the same camera as the 5diiii in terms of what I realisically use. Can do alot with a £1000!
So, for me - I'm 99% convinced its a 6D for me with a view shooting a good mix of genres - Landscapes, Street, Travel is my usual.