Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · Ricoh GR my 1st gallery

jorgeledesma
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Ricoh GR my 1st gallery

Hey guys/gals,

I just received my personal Ricoh GR, the new one, and I wrote a few words titled:

My first Ricoh GR gallery: Thoughts on handling and snap focus and you can check it out here http://ledesmaphotography.wordpress.com/2013/05/17/my-first-ricoh-gr-gallery/ in case your curious. Cheers

Updated the link, thanks guys.

Edited on May 18, 2013 at 02:13 PM · View previous versions

May 18, 2013 at 03:55 AM
corndog
• • • •
p.1 #2 · Ricoh GR my 1st gallery

Linky akin to carousel.

May 18, 2013 at 05:41 AM
kosmoskatten
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Ricoh GR my 1st gallery

Link brings you right back here, Jorge.

May 18, 2013 at 06:17 AM
fotografur
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Ricoh GR my 1st gallery

jorgeledesma wrote:
Hey guys/gals,

I just received my personal Ricoh GR, the new one, and I wrote a few words titled:

My first Ricoh GR gallery: Thoughts on handling and snap focus and you can check it out here http://wp.me/p2AlGJ-4VL in case your curious. Cheers

http://ledesmaphotography.wordpress.com/ricoh-grd-a-pictorial-review/

May 18, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Spyro P.
• • • •
p.1 #5 · Ricoh GR my 1st gallery

it's a friggin street camera through and through
daido, snap focus, 28mm, fits in pocket, silent... all the signs are there

aaarrgh now I want one

May 18, 2013 at 12:11 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · Ricoh GR my 1st gallery

Did you make that shot of Daido?

May 18, 2013 at 12:19 PM
kosmoskatten
• • • •
p.1 #7 · Ricoh GR my 1st gallery

But, the link goes to the older model - the GR Digital III and not the GR. Specs and image is of the GRD III and not the GR.

Nice pictures though.

Daido is apparently using the new GR for an upcoming project which will be printed big.

May 18, 2013 at 01:54 PM
jorgeledesma
• •
p.1 #8 · Ricoh GR my 1st gallery

sorry folks here's the direct link http://ledesmaphotography.wordpress.com/2013/05/17/my-first-ricoh-gr-gallery/

May 18, 2013 at 02:12 PM
Tariq Gibran
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · Ricoh GR my 1st gallery

The B&W tonality looks really nice, which I believe Ming Thein mentioned in his review. The lens flare issue though could be a problem for some. Here's Ming's example showing it:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mingthein/8707380366/

I'm curious what others find with regard to lens flare. I do like the look of the images coming out of this GR overall.

May 18, 2013 at 02:24 PM
kosmoskatten
• • • •
p.1 #10 · Ricoh GR my 1st gallery

Jorge, thanks. I like what I see. I have the camera on order and I think I will like it, for sure.

Lens flare will be something to keep an eye on - the lens shade option makes the camera quite bulky. The film GR1s and V were quite flare prone too I remember - even with the shade.

For me it will not be too much of an issue. I think the GR will probably f(l)are better than the older film based ones, which I loved. I have the GRDII in a drawer still. The only thing I will miss is the 1cm macro.

May 18, 2013 at 02:51 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

kosmoskatten
• • • •
p.1 #11 · Ricoh GR my 1st gallery

Tariq: I expected much worse when I went to the link - that's not too much.

I honestly think I will skip on the shade/hood. I think I might have a lens hood for my A12/28 but I've never used it.

May 18, 2013 at 02:53 PM
Tariq Gibran
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · Ricoh GR my 1st gallery

The flare potential is likely to only be an issue for those who often shoot with light sources in the frame I would think.

I had the GR on order but canceled it when I fell prey to the allure of the RX1. Different size category entirely though.

May 18, 2013 at 03:32 PM
kosmoskatten
• • • •
p.1 #13 · Ricoh GR my 1st gallery

Yes, quite different cameras really. Thankfully for my wallet I am on the wide side of things so the RX1 hasn't blipped my radar. I consider the RX1 a true mile stone camera though.

May 18, 2013 at 05:42 PM
jorgeledesma
• •
p.1 #14 · Ricoh GR my 1st gallery

kosmoskatten wrote:
Jorge, thanks. I like what I see. I have the camera on order and I think I will like it, for sure.

Lens flare will be something to keep an eye on - the lens shade option makes the camera quite bulky. The film GR1s and V were quite flare prone too I remember - even with the shade.

For me it will not be too much of an issue. I think the GR will probably f(l)are better than the older film based ones, which I loved. I have the GRDII in a drawer still. The only thing I will
...Show more

Hello there, I was pretty impressed myself with the way it handled flare. I was shooting at 10am, down here in Miami's blazing sun, and when I saw the images on lightroom my jaw dropped I couldn't believe how well it handled, certainly the results are quite favorable in my preliminary test so far.

May 18, 2013 at 07:15 PM
jorgeledesma
• •
p.1 #15 · Ricoh GR my 1st gallery

kosmoskatten wrote:
But, the link goes to the older model - the GR Digital III and not the GR. Specs and image is of the GRD III and not the GR.

Nice pictures though.

Daido is apparently using the new GR for an upcoming project which will be printed big.

Sorry about this, I corrected the initial link. I might make another post to clarify things, I created a special page on my site for the GR which should clarify site navigation on topics related to the GR.

May 18, 2013 at 07:16 PM
jorgeledesma
• •
p.1 #16 · Ricoh GR my 1st gallery

carstenw wrote:
Did you make that shot of Daido?

No, I wish, he's one of my favorite togs of all times.

May 18, 2013 at 07:17 PM
jorgeledesma
• •
p.1 #17 · Ricoh GR my 1st gallery

I don't want to spam the forum(Admins I can create another thread if you want). Here's the new page I created. I've been getting tons of email on the new GR, so I figured I would create a sort of central hub for all things GR in my blog. Feel free to ask questions and fill out the poll for things you'd like to hear about. There are some topics already populated but you can also fill in the blank with other inquiries. The way I answer to these is by popular demand.

http://ledesmaphotography.wordpress.com/new-ricoh-gr-review/

Cheers and enjoy,

Jorge

May 18, 2013 at 07:20 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.1 #18 · Ricoh GR my 1st gallery

jorgeledesma wrote:
No, I wish, he's one of my favorite togs of all times.

You might want to change the part that says all photos by you, then Maybe all photos by you except where noted, and then make a note?

May 18, 2013 at 10:06 PM
kosmoskatten
• • • •
p.1 #19 · Ricoh GR my 1st gallery

Jorge, samples look good. Thanks for the effort.

May 19, 2013 at 07:28 AM
Mitch Alland
• •
p.1 #20 · Ricoh GR my 1st gallery

kosmoskatten wrote:
...Daido is apparently using the new GR for an upcoming project which will be printed big.

Hej, Henrik,

Do you have the reference to a (Japanese?) website on this?

—Mitch/Paris
Paris Obvious [WIP]
Eggleston said that he was "at war with the obvious"...

May 20, 2013 at 07:17 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password